• Jan 6th, 2018 11:51 am
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
May 22, 2003
6118 posts
3093 upvotes
Vancouver

Small monitor with HDMI input?

Just installed a security camera system in my store, and need a small monitor with HDMI input. It only has 2 cameras so I only need a small monitor, however almost all the monitor I'm finding online are 21"+. Does anybody still make a 15" or smaller monitor with HDMI input?

edit: anybody know if something like this would function with a swann security camera system?

https://www.amazon.ca/LANDZO-Portable-D ... l_huc_item
4 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
33541 posts
7217 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
You can find used 15” monitors with VGA connections

17” monitors will have DVI and you can use an HDMI to DVI cable.

The Amazon monitor will work, but it costs $120

A used 17” monitor will probably cost $20
Deal Fanatic
Oct 8, 2006
5518 posts
534 upvotes
Toronto
You can also use a HDMI to VGA converter. I've used one to convert the raspberry pi HDMI to use on a vga monitor. Again cost you a lot less $5-10 for converter and ~$20 for monitor.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2004
13512 posts
4026 upvotes
RFD
You might get lucky if you check Salvation Army or Value Village. I see monitors there, sometimes Lenovo, LG, Samsung, marked around $11.99-14.99 and some are newer types with HDMI, but its usually the older smaller LCDs I see with VGA, so you would need an HDMI-VGA adapter. This is by the far the cheapest route you can go imo RFD style.
Gee wrote: You can find used 15” monitors with VGA connections

17” monitors will have DVI and you can use an HDMI to DVI cable.

The Amazon monitor will work, but it costs $120

A used 17” monitor will probably cost $20
Deal Fanatic
Jun 8, 2003
8268 posts
670 upvotes
Scarborough
I have a small 7" monitor from Amazon, it works fine if less than 5 cameras. The 5th camera would cause "out of source" or something like that error message, Now I use an old 14" Samsung monitor via vga.