Expired Hot Deals

50% Off Web Hosting Plans - May 10, 2016 - (Use Code: MAY50)

• Last Updated:
  • May 12th, 2016 7:27 am
Tags:
[OP]
Temp. Banned
Aug 17, 2002
2245 posts
1495 upvotes
Tee . Oh

50% Off Web Hosting Plans - May 10, 2016 - (Use Code: MAY50)

Deal Link:
Savings:
50% Off
Expiry:
May 10, 2016

Use code: MAY50
Expires: May 10, 2016

https://asmallorange.com/
................\ \ | / /................
(o o)
====oOOo=(_)=oOOo====
Trending Deals:
[*FREE* Glasses!] [Lenovo 28" IPS 4K 60Hz Display] [Polk Audio Subwoofer] [Cheap G-Shock Like Watch]
5 replies
Jan 26, 2011
204 posts
562 upvotes
Scarborough
spammy wrote: EIG company, be aware.
What does this mean for the end user?
Apr 27, 2010
628 posts
246 upvotes
Anonanon wrote: What does this mean for the end user?
Some people consider their quality questionable. They own a bunch of companies (Bluehost, etc), and sell them under different names - but it's the same hosting. They intentionally hide this (which is odd in itself), hoping that if you hate your host you'll go to one of their "competitors"...that probably has the same datacentre and call centre.
Jan 26, 2011
204 posts
562 upvotes
Scarborough
spunwasi wrote: Some people consider their quality questionable. They own a bunch of companies (Bluehost, etc), and sell them under different names - but it's the same hosting. They intentionally hide this (which is odd in itself), hoping that if you hate your host you'll go to one of their "competitors"...that probably has the same datacentre and call centre.
I've been with ASO for about 2 years and I've gotten nothing but the complete opposite vibe of a sleazy corporation which fits their theme quite well. I'm not going to deny what you're saying but I'll definitely keep it in mind. I had to use live chat support many times before and they all seemed very chill and dedicated to helping me. I would like to believe that the support guys I've been talking to were in house. Site performance has been pretty quick but it's just a very small portfolio site using their Tiny hostage package.

Do you have a hosting company that you can recommend?
Apr 27, 2010
628 posts
246 upvotes
Anonanon wrote: I've been with ASO for about 2 years and I've gotten nothing but the complete opposite vibe of a sleazy corporation which fits their theme quite well. I'm not going to deny what you're saying but I'll definitely keep it in mind. I had to use live chat support many times before and they all seemed very chill and dedicated to helping me. I would like to believe that the support guys I've been talking to were in house. Site performance has been pretty quick but it's just a very small portfolio site using their Tiny hostage package.

Do you have a hosting company that you can recommend?
I think if you're having a great experience you should stick with them, I would.

Two years ago ASO was an independent company known for having great hardware and customer service, so you could be on grandfathered hardware or something – no idea. Just saying, for people that hate Bluehost or whatever for whatever issues they've been having, they probably won't be resolved by switching to them.

Not really a recommendation, but Digital Ocean has one-click resources that have pretty much industry leading performance. It's about $5/month for SSD hosting, you get access to the VPS. WP Engine is amazing if you have the budget, ~$20/month.

I have a startup that's partnered with Microsoft, we use Azure there – it's about 3x price of D/O at 1/10th of the speed. Take from that what you will. :P