Small paint damages on car hood and bumper

• Last Updated:
  • May 7th, 2020 6:09 pm
Dec 21, 2018
8 posts
2 upvotes

Small paint damages on car hood and bumper

Hey guys,

I am not an expert on cars and need your advise. I own a Honda Civic 2016 LX, bought it brand new on 2016. Recently, I noticed small paint damages on the hood and bumper. I am worried about potential rust and paint peel. Anything I can do about it or just leave it as is.
Images
  • s1.jpg
  • s2.jpg
  • s3.jpg
5 replies
Deal Fanatic
May 31, 2006
6365 posts
776 upvotes
Toronto
Looks like stone chips. Use touch up paint. You can get it from the dealer to match the colour you have.
Deal Expert
Mar 9, 2007
15620 posts
13286 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Bumper is plastic so won't rust. Hood is metal, so it'll rust. I'll just clear the area and paint with a touch up paint and afterwards a clear coat.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Aug 24, 2009
50 posts
61 upvotes
Get a touch up pen, and fix it up.
This is normal especially if driving often on the highway.

My advice, don't drive behind big trucks, especially the construction ones spewing dirt/rocks behind them..
I always cringe when one of those dump trucks pulls in front of me and unleashes a sand storm.
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
1728 posts
1547 upvotes
Touch-up pen will protect, but usually does not blend perfectly (slight blob or indentation).

But it's easy to fix in a more professional manner.
  • Langka was the first product and is still good. You use it with touch-up paint/touch-up pen from dealer. You apply a blob, and Langka allows you to smooth it out perfectly.
  • There are now kits that include the paint that get extremely good reviews from detailers and regular car owners. Dr. ColorChip is one of the biggest.
Last edited by multimut on May 7th, 2020 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41802 posts
30057 upvotes
Center of Universe
If you plan to keep the vehicle a while, get PPF after touching up the paint.