[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 23, 2004
12104 posts
140654 upvotes
Montreal

A small truck...

Hi there,

I was wondering, is there a small truck that can be bought? I'm considering getting a small truck to haul little things and time to time, pick up things that ok can work projects on. However, every truck I seen is those big ones. Any suggestions?

Ju Leon...
25 replies
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
20890 posts
3068 upvotes
Niagara Falls
Chevy Colorado / Toyota Tacoma maybe?
May 28, 2007
397 posts
131 upvotes
Peterborough
Evil Baby wrote: Chevy Colorado / Toyota Tacoma maybe?
& Nissan, GMC, Honda. They all have "midsize"
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
44568 posts
7661 upvotes
T.O. Lotto Captain
You’d be surprised how much a minivan can haul.
Theres models where you can Fold down all the seats flat to the floor. you can transport a surprising amount of cargo and bulky items with a minivan.
Good on fuel too.
It also seats 7 when you arent socially distancing.
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2013
2583 posts
1829 upvotes
Markham
The old Ford Ranger is actually small and a reliable truck, the final model year was 2012, shockingly it was also decently safe...apparently fared better in crash tests than other trucks which was a surprise considering it was among the oldest. The later Mazda B-series trucks are just a rebadged Ford Ranger so they're pretty much identical.
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2017
4019 posts
4149 upvotes
GTA
Modern "small" trucks are still pretty big. You need to go back like 10-20 years to get a properly small truck. But anyways, check out:

Chevy S10
Chevy Colorado
Ford Ranger
GMC Canyon
GMC Sonoma
Mazda B2200/B3000
Nissan Frontier
Toyota Tacoma
Apr 5, 2017
826 posts
591 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
As was said, a minivan is a great alternative. And cheaper on fuel, insurance, etc.

I have a $900 2003 Ram 4x4 V8 truck kicking around that looks like it belongs in the auto wrecker yard. Its haggard. I might be squeezing the last of its life out with my home projects. $60 a month to insure bundled with my other vehicle and my home. 4x4 works, just did an oil change on it for $20. Bit of a gas guzzler but the V8 sounds good at least. I believe a minivan would've been better for me though.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
20732 posts
4850 upvotes
Poormond Hill
inferno_gn wrote: Hi there,

I was wondering, is there a small truck that can be bought? I'm considering getting a small truck to haul little things and time to time, pick up things that ok can work projects on. However, every truck I seen is those big ones. Any suggestions?

Ju Leon...
Do a search for this owner to see if it is available.
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
6070 posts
3145 upvotes
Mississauga
peteryorkuca wrote: El Camino, s10, utes
GM should have imported the Holden Ute and revived the El Camino nameplate. Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
20890 posts
3068 upvotes
Niagara Falls
mrweather wrote: GM should have imported the Holden Ute and revived the El Camino nameplate. Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
I think this was going to be a thing before GM killed Pontiac

Deal Guru
Oct 5, 2008
13648 posts
7778 upvotes
Toronto
inferno_gn wrote: Hi there,

Ju Leon...
Nissan Frontier would probably be smallest and cheapest OP

Older Ford Ranger, Mazda B2000.

There was also the Subaru Baja.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 5, 2013
5380 posts
2467 upvotes
gulfstream
Swerny wrote: Nissan Frontier would probably be smallest and cheapest OP

Older Ford Ranger, Mazda B2000.

There was also the Subaru Baja.
frontier is pos...how do i know?...i have 3 of them(2014)..to many bs problems with this ,model
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2009
4494 posts
2126 upvotes
Toronto
A (folding) utility trailer might suit your light & occasional needs.
Following the advice of the Health Experts - I will consider voting for Dougie @ 12:01 AM, five days after the next provincial election.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 23, 2004
12104 posts
140654 upvotes
Montreal
Hi there,

Well, so far the trucks I seen usually have small back behind the driver, but I seen some without it, making the truck smaller. It is just to haul stuff here and there. Don't want to go crazy and don't want a POS that will die on me.

I have seen Ford Rangers but alot have the backseats. Is there a particular one without the back seat? Is it smaller with or without?

Ju Leon...
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2009
1982 posts
445 upvotes
Nova Scotia
Try a van. Generally cheaper. Use as a camper also. You can go big or little with a minivan. I'd go for a cargo van and use it for camping.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2007
7957 posts
4573 upvotes
Alberta
Anything but a Honda Ridgeline. The last generation was a failure and the new one is worse.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2009
4494 posts
2126 upvotes
Toronto
jackrabbit000 wrote: Anything but a Honda Ridgeline. The last generation was a failure and the new one is worse.
Replaced my Ranger with a Ridgeline. My opinion differs.
Following the advice of the Health Experts - I will consider voting for Dougie @ 12:01 AM, five days after the next provincial election.