None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2009
2368 posts
3078 upvotes
Quebec

"smart" alarm-clock

I'm coming back from an airb&b that had this alarm clock and found it neat to have that information (weather forecast + calendar) available. Not looking to control anything with it (as opposed to a nest hub/ echo dots or the like)
Another example
Anything similar that can be bought for less, have no interest in the projection part?

Thanks!
5 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2002
2176 posts
934 upvotes
Toronto
An Amazon Echo show 5 may do what you are looking for and much more, they can be found for around $70 when on sale. It can serve as an alarm clock/radio as well amongst all the other “Alexa” functions. I have one in the bedroom and don’t control anything with it. I just listen to internet radio as I go to sleep and it shows the time and alternates with the weather forecast once in a while (outside temp is always showing). You could also make the display show other things like news.
Celebrating 20+ years on RFD!

FS: Denon AVR 1713 home theatre package
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2013
6921 posts
4655 upvotes
SW ON
Be prepared for Amazon to know all what you talk about with Amazon Echo.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2005
1981 posts
1118 upvotes
I use an old tablet. Works fine. Actually my phone is the alarm and i just have the tablet with a clock and weather but i dont see why you couldnt add an alarm on it. its basically built in on any tablet.