• Sep 8th, 2020 10:54 am
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
18357 posts
26197 upvotes
ONTARIO

The "smart fit" resolution of attached images is too small

When someone attaches pictures to their post and you go to click on them to enlarge it, they do not open up in the original size. They open up in a resized image called "smart_fit".
This resolution seems awfully small. Especially if someone uploads a picture from a flyer or something with a lot of smaller text. Even clicking on it to zoom on, It's hard to make out a lot of detail.
Is there a setting somewhere to disable this "smart fit" view and have the image automatically open in it's original resolution every time?

Here's an example from the hot deals section.

Someone uploaded pictures of these knives for sale. When you click on them, by default they open up in a smaller resolution like this:
https://v.dam-img.rfdcontent.com/cms/00 ... rt_fit.jpg

I'd prefer they open up into this:
https://v.dam-img.rfdcontent.com/cms/00 ... iginal.jpg

Second image allows me to zoom in and actually read the small numbers on the price tags.
3 replies
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
14155 posts
26580 upvotes
Scarborough
The forums image system could definitely use some improvements. I'll open up a ticket to see if we can add a way to easily see images in their full resolution.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
18357 posts
26197 upvotes
ONTARIO
TomRFD wrote: The forums image system could definitely use some improvements. I'll open up a ticket to see if we can add a way to easily see images in their full resolution.
That would be great, thanks.
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
19577 posts
4181 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
Thanks for this... I think the idea of attaching images directly in the forum software was a good move to begin with.

I've gone back to so many old posts were the image links (photobucket, etc.) were all broken. That problem is solved when the images are saved directly in the forum DB.

Glad to see this feature will continue to evolve.
- Casual Gastronomist -