• Dec 24th, 2019 10:49 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Sep 16, 2010
162 posts
37 upvotes
Westmount

Smart Watch

Looking for my first smart watch and was wondering what is the best deal in terms of value right now in the market besides Apple Watch.

I’m gonna be pairing it with iPhone, and in terms of features, I really have nothing in particular.

Currently I have my eyes on the Garmin Vivoactive 3 and the fossil gen5
Earth is Full, GO HOME!!
3 replies
Jul 12, 2010
222 posts
234 upvotes
If you will be pairing it with an iPhone, then I would suggest going with Apple Watch. Apple restricts a lot of native features to it's own rather than exposing it out i.e. NFC payment won't work on other watches, some alerts won't come through either, etc.

If you had an android phone, then fossil gen 5 would be a good choice given that it looks nice. I don't own gen 5 - was looking at it as well, however, it's predecessors (upto gen 4) had bad battery life complaints. I have Gen 3 - the battery lasts only 1 day (1.25 at max). I switched to TicWatch Pro - it is good, but not as good looking as fossil watches :)
Jun 17, 2019
12 posts
7 upvotes
khimany wrote: If you will be pairing it with an iPhone, then I would suggest going with Apple Watch. Apple restricts a lot of native features to it's own rather than exposing it out i.e. NFC payment won't work on other watches, some alerts won't come through either, etc.

If you had an android phone, then fossil gen 5 would be a good choice given that it looks nice. I don't own gen 5 - was looking at it as well, however, it's predecessors (upto gen 4) had bad battery life complaints. I have Gen 3 - the battery lasts only 1 day (1.25 at max). I switched to TicWatch Pro - it is good, but not as good looking as fossil watches :)
Do you know if there is a deal on the Fossil Gen 5? I really like the watch; I saw the deal on their official Fossil page for $219. Any prices that beat that?

LINK HERE
Jan 29, 2007
667 posts
127 upvotes
MonsoorR313656 wrote: Do you know if there is a deal on the Fossil Gen 5? I really like the watch; I saw the deal on their official Fossil page for $219. Any prices that beat that?

LINK HERE
Believe you meant $279. It was the same price during BF as well. They also had an additional 10% off for cyber monday. So they might have the additional 10% for Boxing Day as well.
Might want to wait a day or so.