24 upvotes
Victoria, BC

Price drop on various SmartThings sensors and outlets

Deal Link:
Price:
Savings:
Retailer:
SmartThings.com
38% off the Multipurpose, Motion and Leak Sensor. Not as good as the 50% off deal in November, but I needed a few more Multipurpose sensors. Prices are USD, $15 flat rate shipping to Canada and I've never been charged any additional fees or duties at the door.

Link: https://shop.smartthings.com/products/sale

Many people prefer the Xiaomi Door and Window Sensors to get the same job done at less than half the price of the SmartThings brand. The Xiaomi are also on sale at GB for 57% off for $10.99 USD.

Link: https://www.geekbuying.com/item/Origina ... 57830.html

I started out with the Smartthings brand before I learned about Xiaomi and decided to continue with them since everything was working well.
16 replies
Feb 21, 2013
196 posts
54 upvotes
Montréal
Thanks OP! I have Osram Ligtify at home. I am wondering if Either smarthings or Xiaomi would work on my Osram Lightify Hub? Or I need their own Hub???
Nov 29, 2015
164 posts
94 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
I got hit with duties twice when I ordered from the Smarthings site. I'd factor that in for purchases.
Nov 8, 2012
303 posts
337 upvotes
TORONTO
seeker87 wrote: Thanks OP! I have Osram Ligtify at home. I am wondering if Either smarthings or Xiaomi would work on my Osram Lightify Hub? Or I need their own Hub???
Unfortunately lightify hub are not meant for non osram products. You would need a Xiaomi, Smartthings or Wink hub. There are other hubs like Home Assistant that you could use but they require a lot more technical expertise.
Apr 26, 2009
623 posts
450 upvotes
Calgary
Anybody have the leak sensor? Would like to get some. I have a Fibaro which I like and works natively but it’s $60.

I got hit with duties when I got my hub but this would still be cheaper if they work well.
Nov 17, 2009
32 posts
8 upvotes
Toronto
I have both Xiaomi and the SmartSense Multi Sensor. If you are prepared to spend a lot of time setting up the Xiaomi sensors, doing the research and then randomly loosing the connection/reconnecting them repeat...then go with them. They are a lot cheaper. GB prices are great and they deliver. But the SmartSense Multi Sensor just work. In the end, based upon the time and aggravation the certified Smartthings sensors probably are cheaper.
Deal Guru
Feb 11, 2007
14134 posts
14738 upvotes
Oakville
I have 2 leak sensor from the November sale. I shipped them and the hub and other sensors to a US friend so no duties. Tested the leak sensors and they work well. They also record temperature which is nice.
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2002
4957 posts
1479 upvotes
Vancouver
UltimateB wrote: Anybody have the leak sensor? Would like to get some. I have a Fibaro which I like and works natively but it’s $60.

I got hit with duties when I got my hub but this would still be cheaper if they work well.
go on amazon and look for Everspring brand. The work great for less price. There are two left in the Warehouse for $35 each
Last edited by hesp on Jun 8th, 2018 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 27, 2009
94 posts
175 upvotes
Toronto, ON, Canada
seeker87 wrote: Thanks OP! I have Osram Ligtify at home. I am wondering if Either smarthings or Xiaomi would work on my Osram Lightify Hub? Or I need their own Hub???
My understanding is that the Lightify hub will accept any zigbee enabled sensor or smart bulb. Won't accept outlets, though.

Haven't tried this myself but I recall reading it.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2004
3994 posts
710 upvotes
I've done at least 8 orders and never once hit with taxes/duties
Dec 27, 2007
20177 posts
11317 upvotes
Kitchener
swales wrote: I've done at least 8 orders and never once hit with taxes/duties
I think few reported that singles usually goes through without issues but packs most certainly gets dinged (might also be because packs usually are valued at $100+).
May 23, 2008
751 posts
318 upvotes
Gtown ON
The Motion Sensor that came with my Smartthings hub died after two months of use. It looks like I'm not the only one to have this problem. I will stay away from those. I found the Sylvania Motion sensor more reliable, and I have two of them. They are more expensive though, but when ordered from Amazon.ca at least come with warranty.
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2017
1731 posts
1347 upvotes
Waterloo
thanks. got the $100 pack with the blub and sensor. needed the hub anyways and for $10 more I can get the additional stuff.
Jul 30, 2010
593 posts
337 upvotes
Toronto
Is this a good deal for the SmartThings Hub + 2 bulbs + motion sensor for $99USD? Has it been lower than this?