Home & Garden

Smartthings is linking in assistant but i cannot find it anywhere to start adding the lock in it to rooms

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 14th, 2020 5:02 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2007
3182 posts
423 upvotes
Mississauga

Smartthings is linking in assistant but i cannot find it anywhere to start adding the lock in it to rooms

Anyone have any reference for this.

1. Installed smart things app, setup the lock and connected it and it works in App.
2. Tried using Home, then Assistant, Home just looks when trying to add smart things, Assistant seems to link successfully but I then can never find it in the list of connected devices.
6 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2006
4334 posts
550 upvotes
Messed Up Area
In Home , dd you try:

->Setup Device
->Works with Google, Have something already set up?
->Smartthings ( then you login /password )

It should then link and say devices not in rooms and allow you to move items to rooms.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2007
3182 posts
423 upvotes
Mississauga
theguyz wrote: In Home , dd you try:

->Setup Device
->Works with Google, Have something already set up?
->Smartthings ( then you login /password )

It should then link and say devices not in rooms and allow you to move items to rooms.
So I tried this before and every time it was implying it was linked but would loop back to the page where you saw the option for "works with google already setup" (Loop) so then I switched to going through assistant however that would say "linked successfully" however it NEVER showed smartthings in the assistant or home, but on the smart things side it showed connected with google. I went and deleted this to try again and am now with the chronic "Couldn't update the setting. Check your connection" no matter what I do both ways.

I am trying to figure out how to "log out" of Smart Things" or reset it up again I suppose where I can go create a smartthings login VS a Samsung login?
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2006
4334 posts
550 upvotes
Messed Up Area
When you go into works with google section, at top does it show smart things, if so it is connected, If not it has failed.

As well have you tried logging into the smartthings api on computer and seeing if lock is listed https://graph.api.smartthings.com/
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2007
3182 posts
423 upvotes
Mississauga
theguyz wrote: When you go into works with google section, at top does it show smart things, if so it is connected, If not it has failed.

As well have you tried logging into the smartthings api on computer and seeing if lock is listed https://graph.api.smartthings.com/
To make sure I understand your reco, right now I can unlock/lock the device freely with smart things app. The first time I ran the setup it was telling me the account was linked, it showed linked in smart things but google home was not showing it, and nor when I first linked did I get an authorization. I then went and removed the lock completely and deleted the connection to google from wthin smart things and tried again. now every time it is giving me this connection error. I see it online for some folks with a variety of solutions.

I think I will try again I guess by removing smart things app fully from phone, then redoing everything sadly. just the pairing of the lock was a bit of a PITA rofl.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2006
4334 posts
550 upvotes
Messed Up Area
It coudl be you have a corrupted profile which is causing your issue.

try making a new google account and start from fresh with home, you will need to read all your other devices.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 25, 2005
5005 posts
1808 upvotes
smartthings doesn't let outside services (google assistant) access lock type devices. it's a security "feature". its possible to work around it using routines or IFTTT.

if you want to be able to control your door lock with google assistant natively, go with a wifi lock.