Tags:
None
24 replies
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2010
10716 posts
5521 upvotes
Toronto
not to be confused with the smash burger (quite good one at that) from smash kitchen
http://www.smashkitchen.com/menus/
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21709 posts
9003 upvotes
Toronto
They say "Butter" but not everyone wants butter.
What about those who want the burger, but have allergies to Butter?

I also think, being Smashburger Canada, that they should use Blue Cow butter of some sort.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 10, 2003
8086 posts
3870 upvotes
playnicee1 wrote: They say "Butter" but not everyone wants butter.
What about those who want the burger, but have allergies to Butter?
They can go eat somewhere else? Not that many people are allergic to butter anyway.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21709 posts
9003 upvotes
Toronto
LNahid2000 wrote: They can go eat somewhere else? Not that many people are allergic to butter anyway.
Yes, yes. Go somewhere else. It just takes ONE person in a group of friends with this allergy to declare that the whole group is going somewhere else.
That's what friends do.
Although it may still be a good point that those friends will each drop by another time on their own (separate) time to check it out.
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2006
3117 posts
1665 upvotes
Nothing special. The fries are ok.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 10, 2003
8086 posts
3870 upvotes
playnicee1 wrote: Yes, yes. Go somewhere else. It just takes ONE person in a group of friends with this allergy to declare that the whole group is going somewhere else.
That's what friends do.
Although it may still be a good point that those friends will each drop by another time on their own (separate) time to check it out.
Or the person with the butter allergy could just get the chicken? I don't see the big deal here.
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
26012 posts
211310 upvotes
GTA
I don't know if people should be all that excited for this. If it's at Pearson, won't the prices just be jacked up more than usual?
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
12805 posts
3477 upvotes
LNahid2000 wrote: Or the person with the butter allergy could just get the chicken? I don't see the big deal here.
Seriously... talk about making a mountain out of a molehill.

If this is an issue then, 5 Guys giving away free peanuts should be considered a national crisis.
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2010
10716 posts
5521 upvotes
Toronto
joeyjoejoe wrote: Seriously... talk about making a mountain out of a molehill.

If this is an issue then, 5 Guys giving away free peanuts should be considered a national crisis.
it should be clear by now the one who's making it an issue has issues.
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21709 posts
9003 upvotes
Toronto
ShoNuff2 wrote: it should be clear by now the one who's making it an issue has issues.
No, believe it or not, it's not me with the issues, and I'm not even saying it's anyone who posts here.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21709 posts
9003 upvotes
Toronto
LNahid2000 wrote: Or the person with the butter allergy could just get the chicken? I don't see the big deal here.
Trust me, if the place smells like butter, that person will be in and out in a flash.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 10, 2003
8086 posts
3870 upvotes
playnicee1 wrote: Trust me, if the place smells like butter, that person will be in and out in a flash.
I'm sure these type of people prepare for these situations since many restaurants use butter. I'll leave it to you to have the last word now (since you always have to have the last word).
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2010
10716 posts
5521 upvotes
Toronto
playnicee1 wrote: No, believe it or not, it's not me with the issues, and I'm not even saying it's anyone who posts here.
no, believe it or not, the "issues" i'm referring has nothing to do with allergies to butter.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2009
7941 posts
5483 upvotes
Victoria, BC
ShoNuff2 wrote: no, believe it or not, the "issues" i'm referring has nothing to do with allergies to butter.
Lol, they don't get that...
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
12640 posts
6013 upvotes
DJ_Peanuts22 wrote: stupid location for a burger joint
Ya - I'm not sure why you would pick an airport terminal as your first Ontario location.

Anyway - flew to Montreal Friday so I had my chance to try. Burger was very good but nothing spectacular. Fries were very thin and small - good. Overall - quality burger but nothing stood out to me, Would go again but would not go out of my way to get it.

Hopefully we see more locations around the GTA.
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2015
2218 posts
1282 upvotes
Brampton, ON
They should open up beside ZETS and send that place to HELL!

Amazes me how that POS place is always so packed with their mediocre food.
Jun 26, 2016
299 posts
37 upvotes
flyingnurse wrote: They should open up beside ZETS and send that place to HELL!

Amazes me how that POS place is always so packed with their mediocre food.
I think their food is great, where else can you get a HUGE great souvlaki dinner enough to feed 2 people for $20? also their home made burgers are good too. What exactly is your problem with them?
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2015
2218 posts
1282 upvotes
Brampton, ON
joeythecat29 wrote: I think their food is great, where else can you get a HUGE great souvlaki dinner enough to feed 2 people for $20? also their home made burgers are good too. What exactly is your problem with them?
All they have going for them are the portions not the taste.

It just seems like its frozen stuff they heat up and serve.