• Nov 15th, 2016 8:05 pm
Tags:
114 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
4128 posts
936 upvotes
Sask.
Saw the ad last night on US tv - hoping it makes an appearance here. My son thinks it's a myth.... lol!
Banned
Oct 28, 2010
437 posts
15 upvotes
canada
i dont think the mcrib has every come to canada... its only USA
Deal Fanatic
Jul 20, 2006
5886 posts
40 upvotes
it was here back when the Flintstones where in cinemas
May 27, 2007
16003 posts
4205 upvotes
Toronto
saw Big Xtra, not McRib though...
RedFlagDeals.com
See an inappropriate post? Use the "Report Post" function to alert Moderators!
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
12449 posts
3169 upvotes
Fatman bob wrote: i dont think the mcrib has every come to canada... its only USA
goJays wrote: it was here back when the Flintstones where in cinemas

Yup and a few years ago too.

Proof: link This guy took some pictures of the box and McRib. If you look closely you'll notice the box has the McDonalds logo with the maple leaf.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2004
12862 posts
1484 upvotes
Pickering
Last time I had one they put too much sauce and too many onions...
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2006
1815 posts
257 upvotes
Grimsby, ON
Dammit I want one :-D I tried one 2 summers ago, and was pleasantly surprised. Not the type of thing I'd get regularly (no one should) but once every few months it's great. Something a bit different...
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
23235 posts
5017 upvotes
Toronto
get them to put the sauce on the side...that way you can control how much sauce is put on it..

I used to love these as a kid but I tried one the last time around and was very disappointed....tasted like a nuked slab of soggy spongy processed pork
Deal Fanatic
Sep 18, 2009
5016 posts
553 upvotes
Southwestern Ontario
ji2o0k wrote: get them to put the sauce on the side...that way you can control how much sauce is put on it..

I used to love these as a kid but I tried one the last time around and was very disappointed....tasted like a nuked slab of soggy spongy processed pork
I won't try one again.

They take shredded pork , not hand pulled from a roast, but machine shredded, form it into a rib shape with MEAT GLUE, and pile on sauce which is sugary, salty, and gloopy.

Then they wait for hordes of hungry to spend $7 plus, on a 50 cent item.

Packard
Ask the man who owns one!
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2010
10174 posts
4557 upvotes
Toronto
jayt90 wrote: I won't try one again.

They take shredded pork , not hand pulled from a roast, but machine shredded, form it into a rib shape with MEAT GLUE, and pile on sauce which is sugary, salty, and gloopy.
Exactly my experience last time I had one ages ago in the states. Blasphemy to call this thing a rib.
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
May 17, 2006
301 posts
132 upvotes
Toronto
i have no idea what it is about the McRib ... but I always crave it. They need to bring it back to Canada too :(