• Last Updated:
  • Nov 16th, 2019 11:39 pm
[OP]
Jan 2, 2011
311 posts
177 upvotes

Smooth Ceiling & Potlight recommend. West GTA

Hi RFD,

Kinda tight for time as a new home closes next month and didn't get to choose finishes as was an inventory home.

Can anyone provide me with a good company that is also priced well to remove about 1200sq ft of textured ceiling. New build. Would also be great to get potlights installed same time.

No I can't do it myself as have young kids that need taking care of! If I didn't I would.

Thank you all. Feel free to PM me if needed.
3 replies
Oct 30, 2017
112 posts
48 upvotes
Toronto
You may want to do potlights first in case you need to open up the drywall in the ceiling. I heard good things about Mr Potlight but pretty much any electrician can do them for you.

Removing popcorn is a bit of a tough - the people I used were on the cheaper side (about $2 per square foot including painting the ceiling) but I had to have them return to finish the ceilings since the first time it was not done to my satisfaction. At the end I got what I wanted though.

One of the reasons the price for me was on the lower side is because the rest of my house needed to be painted anyways and the walls did not need to be covered up - otherwise it will cost you extra.

The price to remove stucco ceilings is between $2 and $4.5 per square foot.
Deal Addict
May 23, 2009
2546 posts
1043 upvotes
Mississauga
Same here, I looking for a contractor for stucco removal for about 600 sq feet in early January. The floor will be vacant of furniture and the ceiling was never painted so it seems easy enough.
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2007
1939 posts
213 upvotes
Mississauga
I just had "potlight expert" do my house with potlights - he did my kitchen, bathroom and hallway.

Hossein and his team were awesome....so friendly, organized, clean....they were even so polite to each other...."can you pass me the drill please"

I would recommend them again in a heartbeat...

and apparently...he used to work with mr.potlight back in the day