Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
18851 posts
2124 upvotes

Smurfs: The Lost Village - April 7, 2017

For those we can't get enough of little blue dudes (and dudettes), Sony Pictures Animation has announced a new Smurfs movie.
http://www.sonypicturesanimation.com/fi ... ostvillage
It seems to Smurfette that everyone else in the Village has a purpose — Papa Smurf (leading), Baker Smurf (baking), even Grouchy Smurf (grouching) — except for her. So what’s the only girl in the village to do? Go in search of hers, of course! When she accidentally crosses paths with a mysterious creature that takes off into the Enchanted Forest, she follows, and sets off into the uncharted and strictly forbidden woods. Joined by her brothers Brainy, Hefty and Clumsy — and with the evil wizard Gargamel shadowing their every step — Team Smurf undertakes a wild journey full of action, danger and discovery, setting them on a course that leads to the biggest mystery in Smurf history!
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
7 replies
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11784 posts
2727 upvotes
Toronto
Haz wrote: For those we can't get enough of little blue dudes (and dudettes), Sony Pictures Animation has announced a new Smurfs movie.
http://www.sonypicturesanimation.com/fi ... ostvillage
Yeah, you know...I really would like a well animated Smurfs movie based on the original classic cartoon...even if it is CG Animated (since classic 2D animations are becoming rarer by the day these days in NA). I liked the live-action/CG animated movies...especially the first movie...but am really looking forward to this one.
~~~~~~~~~~> Get...THAT DEAL...Over Here!!!
Deal Expert
Jun 9, 2003
24795 posts
1908 upvotes
Markham, ON
...my kids are going to want to watch this....yuck
Deal Fanatic
Aug 12, 2006
6631 posts
2738 upvotes
Canada
She's the only girl in the village and has no idea what her job is?
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
12034 posts
2641 upvotes
nightwalker wrote: Wasn't Gargamel a live actor in the first one?

Or is this a reboot?
Reboot.

Wiki of the Smurfs film Link:

Cancelled third film[edit]
On May 10, 2012, two weeks after Columbia Pictures and Sony Pictures Animation announced production of The Smurfs 2, Variety reported that writers Karey Kirkpatrick and Chris Poche were developing a script for The Smurfs 3,[52] which was set for release on July 24, 2015, and later rescheduled for August 14, 2015.[53] In March 2014, Sony announced that it will reboot the series with a completely computer-animated film.[54][55] Directed by Kelly Asbury, the reboot, titled Smurfs: The Lost Village, is scheduled to be released on April 7, 2017.[56]

I was a fan of the Smurfs as a kid. So much so, the right cat's name on my avatar is Azrael. This trailer seems more inline with the cartoon than the first 2 movies. Watching the trailer, it looks like a premise that Seth Rogan would come up with.