None
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2005
7257 posts
713 upvotes
Waterloo

Snow blower deals

I need to find sometbing new my old arens is crapping out after 4 years. Lowes has the cub cadet on sale for 848 plus instore or online an extra 100.00 off
Love saving money......
8 replies
Feb 28, 2016
814 posts
461 upvotes
I'm looking for a good deal on one too...

Something 24"-28" with high HP, it'll be used to move piled up snow from the plow on my ATV.
Sep 19, 2006
32 posts
3 upvotes
sassysue wrote: I need to find sometbing new my old arens is crapping out after 4 years. Lowes has the cub cadet on sale for 848 plus instore or online an extra 100.00 off
4 years? It likely needs a minor repair, should last much longer than 4 years. What is wrong with it?
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2005
7257 posts
713 upvotes
Waterloo
rjd75 wrote: 4 years? It likely needs a minor repair, should last much longer than 4 years. What is wrong with it?
Last year the belt and now the snow wont shoot mpre then 4 feet it costs a lot of money for someone to view ur machine plus parts Labour may as well buy new and so fat lowes has the best deal and 3 year warranty the cub apprently is very reliable better than ariens
Love saving money......
Deal Fanatic
Dec 5, 2006
6153 posts
1708 upvotes
Markham
sassysue wrote: Last year the belt and now the snow wont shoot mpre then 4 feet it costs a lot of money for someone to view ur machine plus parts Labour may as well buy new and so fat lowes has the best deal and 3 year warranty the cub apprently is very reliable better than ariens
Which brand? Thanks
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2006
1653 posts
667 upvotes
London
sassysue wrote: Last year the belt and now the snow wont shoot mpre then 4 feet it costs a lot of money for someone to view ur machine plus parts Labour may as well buy new and so fat lowes has the best deal and 3 year warranty the cub apprently is very reliable better than ariens
Then buy new again in 4 years when more routine stuff is required?
You are going to experience maintenance issues on any brand.
Do you buy a new car, instead of putting on new tires?

If it blew snow well before, it should be restorable to that condition.
Ariens is hardly a junk brand.
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2015
1939 posts
1209 upvotes
Newmarket, ON
Maybe she is rich and doesn't mind buying a new one every 4 years?

But yeah it's most likely a minor repair. On youtube there are many videos of vintage snow blowers from the 50s and 60s still going strong.
Sep 19, 2006
32 posts
3 upvotes
If you want to get rid of it send me a pm I will buy it as is.