Expiry:
January 24, 2022
Retailer:
Snow Magic
Use promo code FLASH15.

Valid any day except Saturday

Images
  • Screenshot_20220105-093401_Chrome.jpg
Last edited by sprung on Jan 21st, 2022 7:17 am, edited 4 times in total.
Ye wife is in me dms baby.
26 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2004
2330 posts
775 upvotes
Anybody see this yet, any good?
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2007
1466 posts
758 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone been....Is it worth the drive thru? And is there time for pictures to be taken without getting rushed from cars behind?
Mar 27, 2012
344 posts
314 upvotes
416 to the 905
Several Reviews say it is not worth it.

This is a Google Review from a few days ago:

I take my review very seriously and sorry to say I was extremely disappointed. Light show is very poor quality and waste of time. Only the fire dragon was worth seeing.

The price per car including service charges is around $81 (although advertised as $65). For such a sum of money, I would expect quality work. Seriously, one the exhibits is a cartoon character of a wolfcub running in big screen. I do understand you want to support local artists and art is subjective but this is preposterous!

Not worth the money in my opinion! Only positive takeaway is the at least some money will go to Sickkids!
***First Hour of my day starts with RFD and a Coffee....then I start my actual Work Day***
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2004
2330 posts
775 upvotes
jooon1978 wrote: Several Reviews say it is not worth it.

This is a Google Review from a few days ago:

I take my review very seriously and sorry to say I was extremely disappointed. Light show is very poor quality and waste of time. Only the fire dragon was worth seeing.

The price per car including service charges is around $81 (although advertised as $65). For such a sum of money, I would expect quality work. Seriously, one the exhibits is a cartoon character of a wolfcub running in big screen. I do understand you want to support local artists and art is subjective but this is preposterous!

Not worth the money in my opinion! Only positive takeaway is the at least some money will go to Sickkids!
Save money then and donate to sick kids directly.
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2004
1204 posts
172 upvotes
This is a reminder of what a sad state Ontario / Toronto is in. No where else in the world will this exist, much less as a PAID event!

Drive through light exhibit!!! Imagine this! I am embarrassed to say I've been through one, and there was a 30 min wait on the road to enter this thing. People were desperate. People should now be angry that Ontario just shut down, and events like this is needed to entertain the inmates.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2010
2187 posts
574 upvotes
dealzuser wrote: This is a reminder of what a sad state Ontario / Toronto is in. No where else in the world will this exist, much less as a PAID event!

Drive through light exhibit!!! Imagine this! I am embarrassed to say I've been through one, and there was a 30 min wait on the road to enter this thing. People were desperate. People should now be angry that Ontario just shut down, and events like this is needed to entertain the inmates.
Ottawa has one as well to raise money for CHEO.
How can an ant carry twenty times its body weight, but root beer floats are still delicious?
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
20087 posts
8005 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
Another thing clearly designed for the generation that seeks out things to post on social media first and have actual experiences second. Would not be one bit surprised if you see most cars full of people staring at their phones hanging out all the windows.
Deal Expert
Mar 1, 2008
16348 posts
5710 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
It's decent at $45 tax included. Definitely pack your car if you can. The music is a nice touch. Definitely not worth over $50. I did get some nice photos with the CN Tower in the background.
Last edited by geokilla on Jan 5th, 2022 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
RFD is love. RFD is life.
Dec 16, 2015
406 posts
489 upvotes
Toronto, ON
BinaryJay wrote: Another thing clearly designed for the generation that seeks out things to post on social media first and have actual experiences second. Would not be one bit surprised if you see most cars full of people staring at their phones hanging out all the windows.
We’re literally posting on social media right now.

BTW, this event is “meh” as mentioned before
Dec 13, 2020
265 posts
431 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Thanks OP.. Worth it or not, it sure beats sitting at home all day during the lockdown! I couldn't find any field for promo/coupon code on the checkout page though..

EDIT: Found it here: https://www.ticketfairy.com/event/drive ... -snowmagic
The promo code entry is actually before the checkout page

Comes to $48.27 all in for off-peak time
Last edited by pkamto on Jan 5th, 2022 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sep 20, 2017
146 posts
170 upvotes
Terrible. We got the free tickets and it was still a worthless trek to downtown to watch this.
There were houses in our area which were better decorated than this.
The only good installation was a dragon that breathed fire. Rest all were crappy.
Mar 14, 2021
15 posts
9 upvotes
Also got free tickets and was also still disappointed! The displays seemed sparse (there's one then you drive a little bit with nothing around to see the next) and not impressive at all. The installations made little sense and seemed hastily put together. Far from an immersive experience. Think driving down a street with some random displays put up by various families. Even at a discount (or free in my case), this is a ripoff.
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2006
1206 posts
733 upvotes
We were disappointed in the experience and it’s definitely not worth the $45-$65 price tag (off-peak/on peak pricing)

From impatient drivers behind you honking their horn as you spend the 5 minutes taking pictures, or from the lack of winter ambiance (i.e. weather not cooperating with snow), we found it underwhelming.

Save your money.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2002
9773 posts
2829 upvotes
Vancouver
dealzuser wrote: This is a reminder of what a sad state Ontario / Toronto is in. No where else in the world will this exist, much less as a PAID event!

No where huh? Probably environmental surcharges to keep Rudolph cool in so cal

https://www.travelawaits.com/2714002/dr ... ornia/?amp

https://discoveryparkofamerica.com/even ... ight-show/
Autocorrect sucks
Mar 9, 2004
203 posts
197 upvotes
My family enjoyed it (kids 7 and 11). It was also nice being downtown during the holidays after a long while. They do have employees hold cars so people don’t feel rushed. I thought the pace was excellent. We went during non peak hours at a reduced rate before Christmas.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 18, 2003
6621 posts
687 upvotes
Etobicoke
Does anyone know if this event is walkable? Or are we confined to cars that must follow a specific path at a specific speed with timed stops (like on a conveyor belt)?

I've been to several lantern festivals @ Ontario Place where colourful lanterns are placed throughout the park. We had a great time walking around the beautiful park taking in the lakeside scenery and taking pictures of lanterns. We had to pay entrance fee to Ontario Place but the lantern festival itself was free. The entrance fee was well worth it as you can spend the entire day (10AM - 10pm) at the park.

This winter hasn't been that cold. So if this Snow Magic show is anything like the lantern festival I would go.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
23589 posts
30951 upvotes
Toronto
eelfliw wrote: Does anyone know if this event is walkable? Or are we confined to cars that must follow a specific path at a specific speed with timed stops (like on a conveyor belt)?
Sadly it's drive-thru only. Mother Earth is weeping
Ye wife is in me dms baby.
Sep 3, 2018
42 posts
33 upvotes
Went here last month with 5 friends. Honestly, all of us said its a waste of time
Deal Fanatic
Aug 21, 2007
5811 posts
694 upvotes
Markham
can any parents chime in if this was any good with kids?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)