• Last Updated:
  • Oct 10th, 2019 9:04 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
4144 posts
1705 upvotes

Snow plow on new asphalt

How long should you wait before using a snow plow on a newly paved asphalt driveway?

A plow on a pick up truck, not the big ones they use for the highways of course :p
6 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2018
1672 posts
1341 upvotes
Can take up to a year to cure depending on weather. If you want to play it safe I would say 6 months. At the minimum I would recommend 30 days. Where do you live?
Last edited by TomLafinsky on Oct 10th, 2019 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All the women I have loved have made my life more complete.
Deal Addict
May 9, 2003
1667 posts
865 upvotes
Squirrel99 wrote: How long should you wait before using a snow plow on a newly paved asphalt driveway?

A plow on a pick up truck, not the big ones they use for the highways of course :p
As soon as you can park on it.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
4144 posts
1705 upvotes
TomLafinsky wrote: Can take up to a year to cure depending on weather. If you want to play it safe I would say 6 months. At the minimum I would recommend 30 days. Where do you live?
GTA
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2018
1672 posts
1341 upvotes
Squirrel99 wrote: GTA
Right before using your plow for the first time, take a hammer and gently hit the asphalt to see how much of a dent you make. This should give you an idea of how much 'scratching' of the asphalt your plow might do.
All the women I have loved have made my life more complete.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
4144 posts
1705 upvotes
TomLafinsky wrote: Before using your plow for the first time, take a hammer and gently hit the asphalt to see how much of a dent you make. This should give you an idea of how much 'scratching' of the asphalt your plow might do.

Hopefully it doesnt snow much in november lol