Snow tires installation for brand new car

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 22nd, 2020 12:24 pm
[OP]
Jun 17, 2017
119 posts
13 upvotes

Snow tires installation for brand new car

Already got the tires with no rims from Costco, however dealership is asking for too much for labor, and I prefer not to use Costco for my brand new car (due to my previous experience with their lower quality of workmanship)
any other recommendations for snow tires installation (4 rims and 8 tires) in the GTA?
14 replies
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
27738 posts
12815 upvotes
Toronto
Braiden in Markham. Bought a set of OZ wheels + Nokian winters and not a scratch on the rims at all.

They do charge a premium though.

Advan tires in Scarborough. Bought new tires just a few weeks ago and mounted onto factory forged wheels, there were some very minor scratches but in the inner barrel which I can let go of. Still great result though.

In the past, I had used CEO tires )Scarborough), joy city (Markham). They both scratched my rims and not pleased at all, esp. with joy city who refused to take responsibility.

Simply (under Allen ownership) did great job multiple times and no scratches. I have not been back since the change of ownership.
[OP]
Jun 17, 2017
119 posts
13 upvotes
booblehead wrote: Braiden in Markham. Bought a set of OZ wheels + Nokian winters and not a scratch on the rims at all.

They do charge a premium though.

Advan tires in Scarborough. Bought new tires just a few weeks ago and mounted onto factory forged wheels, there were some very minor scratches but in the inner barrel which I can let go of. Still great result though.

In the past, I had used CEO tires )Scarborough), joy city (Markham). They both scratched my rims and not pleased at all, esp. with joy city who refused to take responsibility.

Simply (under Allen ownership) did great job multiple times and no scratches. I have not been back since the change of ownership.
how much is seasonal exchange (no extra rims) at Braiden?
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
18374 posts
2200 upvotes
Woodbridge
l69norm wrote: tires23
This.

The only company I get my wheels and tires since 2003.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2003
4076 posts
361 upvotes
Toronto
Another vote for Tires23
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
34410 posts
20443 upvotes
Center of Universe
BeaverLiquor wrote: Why cheap out and not get rims?
Still boggles my mind...
Deal Guru
Mar 13, 2004
10824 posts
2670 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Buy some steel rims or alloy if you want some nice ones for the winter tires. You are going to spend more putting the tires off and on each season & you will do more damage to the rubber & rims where they could potentially leak to not a good seal or damage on the rubber.

As for locations to install the wheels and not do damage, I suggest the following as I have used them in the past with great results.

http://www.evolutionracing.ca/
https://www.tires23.com
http://simplytire.com/
0_o
<_<
>_>
Deal Guru
Oct 23, 2008
10919 posts
7244 upvotes
GTA, ON
There's a subforum for this type of thread.

I mirror the above posts. Buy separate rims. Better for the rims, better for the tires, plus, you can swap winter to all season and vice versa on your own and save money.
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2004
3128 posts
586 upvotes
Toronto
I believe your tires won't get any warranty from Costco if they aren't installed by Costco.
My Heatware Feedback: Click!
Jul 18, 2020
154 posts
228 upvotes
4 rims 8 tires??? Sharing summer and winter tires on 1 set of rims is not smart at all, you will end up spending more money in the long run mounting and balancing 2 times a year plus almost 99% you will get your wheels scratch up. Either get a separate set wheels for you winters or forget about winter tires and go with all season.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2004
3128 posts
586 upvotes
Toronto
Or get a set of steelies from Costco so they can also mount your winters... You then take your wheels home and you can do your own tire swapping.
My Heatware Feedback: Click!