Snowblower/Snowthrower Watch 2019-2020

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 6th, 2022 8:36 am
Tags:
May 3, 2009
129 posts
29 upvotes
Ottawa
For Ottawa winter, single home drive way what is the recommended snow blower?
May 30, 2008
274 posts
70 upvotes
Saskatchewan
dirk wrote: Same thought for me. The 24" Cub Cadet is $1279 - 25% at Rona today or the 24" Ariens Classic is $1098 at Home Depot. I would prefer a sale on the Ariens but don't want to wait until it is out of stock.
Waiting on sale for Ariens too.
Jul 7, 2016
605 posts
1232 upvotes
Thinking of buying a snow blower and am leaning towards electric but what's holding me back is the attractive price on the Lowe's Craftsman 243cc Two stage 26" $799 (lowes-craftsman-243cc-26-two-stage-gas- ... 6-2319826/)

From what I can find, the EGO 21-inch 56-V Cordless Snow Blower Kit with Free Leaf Blower seems to be a good machine for a comparable price (home-depot-ego-21-inch-56-v-cordless-sn ... r-2317913/)

Driveway small-medium in a suburban city (Toronto weather), fits 2 cars side by side very comfortably (lots of space, but can't fit 4).

Maybe it's worth just getting a small Snow Joe until a good sales kick in. Rona has a 18" Snow Joe on clearance: https://www.rona.ca/en/cordless-electri ... qEaMw4jKH8
Sep 23, 2005
450 posts
428 upvotes
Toronto
Presents wrote: Thinking of buying a snow blower and am leaning towards electric but what's holding me back is the attractive price on the Lowe's Craftsman 243cc Two stage 26" $799 (lowes-craftsman-243cc-26-two-stage-gas- ... 6-2319826/)
I ended up buying it for $635 - see lowes-craftsman-243cc-26-two-stage-gas- ... 6-2319826/ post #10.
Presents wrote: Driveway small-medium in a suburban city (Toronto weather), fits 2 cars side by side very comfortably (lots of space, but can't fit 4).

Maybe it's worth just getting a small Snow Joe until a good sales kick in. Rona has a 18" Snow Joe on clearance: https://www.rona.ca/en/cordless-electri ... qEaMw4jKH8
My driveway can fit 4 cars (2x2, in Toronto). I've been using a SnowJoe electric until now. It's great for snowfalls under 6" but has a lot of trouble going through the mound at the end of the driveway. I also don't like having to push it up the driveway incline nor working around the cord. But for a cheap, little machine, it's great. It also clears right down to concrete, whereas the Craftsman will leave about a 1/2" of snow on the ground. I'll probably sell mine once the new Craftsman arrives. I don't have the space in the garage for two.
Jul 7, 2016
605 posts
1232 upvotes
lostinpangea wrote: I ended up buying it for $635 - see lowes-craftsman-243cc-26-two-stage-gas- ... 6-2319826/ post #10.

My driveway can fit 4 cars (2x2, in Toronto). I've been using a SnowJoe electric until now. It's great for snowfalls under 6" but has a lot of trouble going through the mound at the end of the driveway. I also don't like having to push it up the driveway incline nor working around the cord. But for a cheap, little machine, it's great. It also clears right down to concrete, whereas the Craftsman will leave about a 1/2" of snow on the ground. I'll probably sell mine once the new Craftsman arrives. I don't have the space in the garage for two.
Thanks for the tip - I was planning to buy in-store but the online coupon is attractive.

How did you get the $100 "promo" code delivered when purchasing online? I placed the order, but did not receive a promo code. Not sure if they intend to give you the gift card in-store. The order confirmation did not state there was going to be a $100 gift card.
Sep 23, 2005
450 posts
428 upvotes
Toronto
Presents wrote: Thanks for the tip - I was planning to buy in-store but the online coupon is attractive.
I don't think you could have bought it in store...

"This product is a special order item and is not stocked in your local Lowe's store. It is available online or in-store by speaking to an associate. This product will be shipped to your local Lowe's store for truck delivery or store pickup. Standard charges apply for home delivery. Learn more."
Presents wrote: How did you get the $100 "promo" code delivered when purchasing online? I placed the order, but did not receive a promo code. Not sure if they intend to give you the gift card in-store. The order confirmation did not state there was going to be a $100 gift card.
I haven't received it yet... it's supposed to take 24 hours to be delivered by email from the time it is ordered.

https://www.lowes.ca/about/terms-and-conditions

"$100 Promo Code with CRAFTSMAN 26" Two-Stage Gas Snow Blower (item 795757)
Receive a $100 promo code with every online purchase of CRAFTSMAN 26" Two-Stage Gas Snow Blower (item 795757) from October 10 to October 16, 2019. Promo code will be issued within 24 hours of Order Confirmation email and will be applicable on your next Lowes.ca online purchase of $100 or more (before taxes and after applicable discounts) from October 17, 2019 and January 15, 2020. Promo codes are not redeemable for cash and will be void if altered or defaced. Limit of one promo code can be redeemed per transaction. Promo code cannot be combined with any other coupon, promotional offer or discount (including, but not limited to, Lowe’s Consumer Credit discounts, 5% Lowe’s Business Credit discount, Price Match Guarantee, volume discount programs such as Quote Support Program “QSP”, government contract pricing, other special pricing programs, or any other discount pricing). Promo code offer not valid on previous sales, multiple transactions and purchase of services, installation, extended protection plans, Lowe’s gift cards or to make payments on any charge account. Promo codes are void if qualifying items are returned. In the event of a refund where the purchased merchandise had been paid for with the promo code, the amount of the discount used for the transaction will not be reimbursed or credited. While quantities last."

I printed a copy of the web page just in case they "forget" about it.

Now I just need to figure out how to pick it up at the store! I don't know if my SUV is big enough, and I need a second pair of hands to help me lift it off into the garage. (somehow I don't think my 5'2" wife will be much help!)
Jul 7, 2016
605 posts
1232 upvotes
lostinpangea wrote: I don't think you could have bought it in store...

"This product is a special order item and is not stocked in your local Lowe's store. It is available online or in-store by speaking to an associate. This product will be shipped to your local Lowe's store for truck delivery or store pickup. Standard charges apply for home delivery. Learn more."

I haven't received it yet... it's supposed to take 24 hours to be delivered by email from the time it is ordered.

https://www.lowes.ca/about/terms-and-conditions

"$100 Promo Code with CRAFTSMAN 26" Two-Stage Gas Snow Blower (item 795757)
Receive a $100 promo code with every online purchase of CRAFTSMAN 26" Two-Stage Gas Snow Blower (item 795757) from October 10 to October 16, 2019. Promo code will be issued within 24 hours of Order Confirmation email and will be applicable on your next Lowes.ca online purchase of $100 or more (before taxes and after applicable discounts) from October 17, 2019 and January 15, 2020. Promo codes are not redeemable for cash and will be void if altered or defaced. Limit of one promo code can be redeemed per transaction. Promo code cannot be combined with any other coupon, promotional offer or discount (including, but not limited to, Lowe’s Consumer Credit discounts, 5% Lowe’s Business Credit discount, Price Match Guarantee, volume discount programs such as Quote Support Program “QSP”, government contract pricing, other special pricing programs, or any other discount pricing). Promo code offer not valid on previous sales, multiple transactions and purchase of services, installation, extended protection plans, Lowe’s gift cards or to make payments on any charge account. Promo codes are void if qualifying items are returned. In the event of a refund where the purchased merchandise had been paid for with the promo code, the amount of the discount used for the transaction will not be reimbursed or credited. While quantities last."

I printed a copy of the web page just in case they "forget" about it.

Now I just need to figure out how to pick it up at the store! I don't know if my SUV is big enough, and I need a second pair of hands to help me lift it off into the garage. (somehow I don't think my 5'2" wife will be much help!)
Awesome - thanks! I could not find that link as it kept re-directing me to the actual product. I pulled a buy now think later. I do like the idea of electric better (my partner and I are not mechanically savy so we don't want to ruin this by poor maintenance). I will also take a screenshot to ask for the promo code if it's not received. Worst case scenario, I gift this to my aging parents or return it if they do not want it.

It's actually available in store too but they will give you a gift card instead of a promo code (I was at the store over the weekend and saw it, but decided not to pull the trigger). Perhaps it's YMMV. The online code does not work in-store (and if you tried, they would probably tell you that you can't combine offers).

Here are the dimensions of the box (store rep measured it for me): 28.5 inches x 32.5 inches x 48 inches

It is very heavy. Probably best for some reps to help you (and they may have the equipment to do so).

Lowe's can also let you rent a truck for 90 minutes if you can't fit it in your SUV.
Apr 5, 2018
20 posts
I’m also curious about any feedback for the Yardmax that’s on deal at Costco
Oct 21, 2019
3 posts
6 upvotes
Just bought the new battery-powered 21" Toro Power Curve at Home Depot and SAVED OVER $200!!!

Home Depot $998.00 listing... https://www.homedepot.ca/product/toro-2 ... 5164511167

Kooy Bros. (Toronto) $849.99 SALE ... https://kooybros.com/toro-39901-21-powe ... snowblower.

Home Depot manager was shocked at the savings and couldn't believe it! Price match $849 + 10% price match guarantee = $764.10 (plus tax). GO OUT AND GET ONE NOW!!

Was about to purchase the EGO line based on all the reviews but have always trusted Toro products in the past. I'm also 6ft tall and the EGO bar height felt really low when holding it. Plus the Toro has steel blades, not rubber.
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2009
1541 posts
763 upvotes
T Dot
I just PMed at HD for a Toro 721 R in Ontario. Is it a decent deal?

TORO 21 inch Power Clear 721 R Snow Blower
SKU# 1001485418
Estimated Delivery Time: 3 – 9 days
$620.10
Subtotal:$620.10
Eco Fee:$0.00
Delivery Fee:$0.00
GST:$0.00
HST:$80.61
PST / QST:$0.00
Order Total$700.71
Deal Expert
Jun 12, 2007
20807 posts
6622 upvotes
London
SmoothMcGee wrote: ..

Was about to purchase the EGO line based on all the reviews but have always trusted Toro products in the past. I'm also 6ft tall and the EGO bar height felt really low when holding it. Plus the Toro has steel blades, not rubber.
On paper, it’s supposed to move more snow than the ego. It be a interesting performance comparison of a single 60v toro vs dual 56v ego

Also, remember to check out the battery ecosystem for the other equipment using the same battery packs
Feb 7, 2010
258 posts
50 upvotes
Kingston
dk87 wrote: I just PMed at HD for a Toro 721 R in Ontario. Is it a decent deal?

SKU# 1001485418
$620.10
Order Total$700.71
Where did you PM this deal with? Thanks
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2009
1541 posts
763 upvotes
T Dot
aznmafia wrote: Where did you PM this deal with? Thanks
Yea, very simple. chat with HD and PM kooy brothers.
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2002
1288 posts
324 upvotes
Halifax, NS
I finally pulled the trigger and bought the Ariens 28" Deluxe at Home Depot during one of their recent 10% off or 18 months no interest for having their credit card.

I saved $160, and since I would have bought it if it went on sale for that much, I figured I may as well. I already had the card anyway.

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/ariens ... 1000655800
May 30, 2008
274 posts
70 upvotes
Saskatchewan
I completely forgot about the card offer, was eyeing this model too.
Darryl wrote: I finally pulled the trigger and bought the Ariens 28" Deluxe at Home Depot during one of their recent 10% off or 18 months no interest for having their credit card.

I saved $160, and since I would have bought it if it went on sale for that much, I figured I may as well. I already had the card anyway.

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/ariens ... 1000655800
May 3, 2009
129 posts
29 upvotes
Ottawa
dk87 wrote: Yea, very simple. chat with HD and PM kooy brothers.
thanks @dk87
just placed order
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2002
1288 posts
324 upvotes
Halifax, NS
XcaliburZero wrote: I completely forgot about the card offer, was eyeing this model too.
The last offer ended on Oct 23rd. I didn't notice it was on until that day, so I went down that night and bought it. The guy working there said the offer happens every 6 weeks or so.

You may have another shot before winter hits (well, maybe not in Saskatchewan!) :)
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2002
3680 posts
1730 upvotes
dk87 wrote: I just PMed at HD for a Toro 721 R in Ontario. Is it a decent deal?

SKU# 1001485418
$620.10
Order Total$700.71
njvr wrote: thanks @dk87
just placed order
Did you guys get free shipping to home or did you pickup in store?
Feb 7, 2010
258 posts
50 upvotes
Kingston
I did not get free shipping, I only got pick up in store. But Thank you @dk87 I ended buying the toro

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)