2948 posts
910 upvotes
Ottawa

Diono Radian 3 RX/T with Extras - Convertible Car Seat

Deal Link:
Price:
Retailer:
Snuggle Bugs
Both the Radian 3 RXT ($389.99)and the Radian 3 RX ($329.99) are on sale at SnuggleBugs.

From the quick research I did, the RXT has added side impact protection and a head rest plus some more extras than the RX model. (mirror and Sun stop)

https://www.snugglebugz.ca/search?utf8= ... ton=search
14 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jan 23, 2009
7254 posts
4272 upvotes
If you subscribe to the newsletter, you can get $10 off $150 coupon as well.
Feb 6, 2007
464 posts
299 upvotes
i think the 3rxt was on sale earlier for 359.99 but limited colours and not sure about mfg date. looks like sold out now.

there was a post in hot deals earlier this week. just FYI incase anyone doesnt need one urgently
Feb 7, 2007
362 posts
264 upvotes
Toronto
squeeks786 wrote: i think the 3rxt was on sale earlier for 359.99 but limited colours and not sure about mfg date. looks like sold out now.

there was a post in hot deals earlier this week. just FYI incase anyone doesnt need one urgently
Because of the metal frame, the life expectancy begins at time of sale, not time of manufacturing, and this specific one has a lifespan of 10 years.
Mar 21, 2012
625 posts
586 upvotes
Edmonton
Does anyone have any leads on a cheap, small front facing seat? I'm just looking for something for up to 40lbs for a 2 to 3 year old, until he's in a booster seat. There was one at Bestbuy for $119.99 a few years back that was perfect.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2012
2284 posts
1783 upvotes
Canada
Does anybody have experience with this one? Our 13 month old in the Graco 4Ever falls asleep and her head just immediately shoots forward into her chest and we worry the long term effects of this (of course). Is this one any better? I have looked online and it is a problem with countless car seats... TIA
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2005
3476 posts
1659 upvotes
Mississauga
Went through 2 kids with the dionos and same issue when they fall asleep... the only thing I can say is to make sure the shoulder straps are snug and they will be fine. I would reach back and push them back up.. :)

Again make sure the shoulder straps are tight.. 13 months is kinda young.. mine only had this issue when they were 3+ yrs..
Feb 7, 2007
362 posts
264 upvotes
Toronto
jbone14 wrote: Does anybody have experience with this one? Our 13 month old in the Graco 4Ever falls asleep and her head just immediately shoots forward into her chest and we worry the long term effects of this (of course). Is this one any better? I have looked online and it is a problem with countless car seats... TIA
Adjust the angle the seat is at. We bought the diono wedge and now my daughter sleeps with her head back.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2019
2348 posts
3090 upvotes
jbone14 wrote: Does anybody have experience with this one? Our 13 month old in the Graco 4Ever falls asleep and her head just immediately shoots forward into her chest and we worry the long term effects of this (of course). Is this one any better? I have looked online and it is a problem with countless car seats... TIA
Like someone mentioned before adjust the angle. Put a towel,pool noodle, or the wedge thingie. At 13 month is it rear or front facing?
Aug 17, 2015
79 posts
26 upvotes
ryanaz wrote: Does anyone have any leads on a cheap, small front facing seat? I'm just looking for something for up to 40lbs for a 2 to 3 year old, until he's in a booster seat. There was one at Bestbuy for $119.99 a few years back that was perfect.
The Cosco Scerena Next is currently on rollback at Walmart for $79.97.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2006
2069 posts
853 upvotes
Toronto
dux wrote: Both the Radian 3 RXT ($389.99)and the Radian 3 RX ($329.99) are on sale at SnuggleBugs.

From the quick research I did, the RXT has added side impact protection and a head rest plus some more extras than the RX model. (mirror and Sun stop)

https://www.snugglebugz.ca/search?utf8= ... ton=search
Amazon also has the same sale too in case this goes out of stock
Jan 2, 2011
493 posts
345 upvotes
Not a bad price if you don't have the bonus items already.

We have this and graco 4ever. Prefer the graco and it is chealer. Only advantage to this I find is it is narrower if you have a small car
May 21, 2012
320 posts
258 upvotes
Burlington
ryanaz wrote: Does anyone have any leads on a cheap, small front facing seat? I'm just looking for something for up to 40lbs for a 2 to 3 year old, until he's in a booster seat. There was one at Bestbuy for $119.99 a few years back that was perfect.
It is recommended to keep kids harnessed until ages 5.5-6, when they are mature enough to handle a booster. When a child is in a harnessed car seat, the responsibility for safety is with the parents when they correctly tighten the harness. Once a child moves to a booster, the responsibility is with the child to stay seated in the correct position. The child must be seated upright, not leaning, bum scooted back, etc. for the entire car ride, including when asleep. If they are out of position at the time of a collision, the seat belt can't do its job. Typically kids 3-4 years old are too wiggly/fidgety to use a booster seat safely.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2012
2284 posts
1783 upvotes
Canada
DudebuD wrote: Adjust the angle the seat is at. We bought the diono wedge and now my daughter sleeps with her head back.
We are limited by the angle of our vehicle and the limits of the car seat itself, it is currently maxed out! Good to know about the diono wedge ill look into that!
simplypop wrote: Like someone mentioned before adjust the angle. Put a towel,pool noodle, or the wedge thingie. At 13 month is it rear or front facing?
It is rear facing as she is still quite small, only 24 lbs. Ill look into those options, thank you!