None
Dec 8, 2008
396 posts
66 upvotes
"Tesla passes Visa to become seventh-largest U.S. company by market cap"
Dec 8, 2008
396 posts
66 upvotes
curious what type of stop loss people have in place for their TSLA stock?
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
4504 posts
3752 upvotes
mecassa wrote: "Tesla passes Visa to become seventh-largest U.S. company by market cap"
Sounds about right. Face With Rolling Eyes

Search "interchange" and "Operational Performance Data" for more information.

Credit card market share statistics
https://www.creditcards.com/credit-card ... tatistics/

"Visa is the largest of the four major U.S credit card networks. At the end of 2018, Visa’s U.S. credit payments volume was $1.95 trillion, up from $1.77 trillion in December 2017.(4). There were 336 million Visa credit cards in circulation in the United States and 771 million Visa credit cards in circulation outside of the United States at the end of September 2018"
Deal Expert
Sep 19, 2004
23701 posts
5384 upvotes
where I belong
mecassa wrote: "Tesla passes Visa to become seventh-largest U.S. company by market cap"
and Elon passes FB Zuckerberg in net worth (after passing Warren Buffett earlier in the month)
soon it'll be #6, #5, #4, #3, #2, #1 and trillions at this +10% daily rate, all because of a split
Which Credit Cards to sign up? >> Jerry's List of Credit Cards with $200+ Welcome bonus/Aeroplan & AMEX Churning FAQ
AMEX Personal 60K || Business Platinum 75K || Biz Gold 40K
Dec 21, 2011
179 posts
34 upvotes
BURNABY
Have another 600 in cash in my account...might as well add to it tomorrow... Though kicking myself for not adding pre split deciding to get more amazon

When the next split and at how much? Lol maybe just 3 to 1
Oct 12, 2009
429 posts
139 upvotes
JamesRox wrote: Have another 600 in cash in my account...might as well add to it tomorrow... Though kicking myself for not adding pre split deciding to get more amazon

Just need Amazon to split so peasants like me can jump on and buy a few 🤣🤣🤣
2010 Contest Wins: 0
Dec 21, 2011
179 posts
34 upvotes
BURNABY
JamesRox wrote: Have another 600 in cash in my account...might as well add to it tomorrow... Though kicking myself for not adding pre split deciding to get more amazon

CupOfCats wrote: Just need Amazon to split so peasants like me can jump on and buy a few 🤣🤣🤣
Let's do it 10-1 split...that should knock up the price to 8k or so in the run up
Dec 21, 2011
179 posts
34 upvotes
BURNABY
Tesla up 7% in premarket.... But TD down again wtf
Deal Expert
Sep 19, 2004
23701 posts
5384 upvotes
where I belong
Tesla stock price target raised, but RBC analyst says it is 'fundamentally overvalued' - MarketWatch
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/tesla ... latestnews
A bearish analyst on Tesla Inc. TSLA, +12.56% is now a little less bearish, saying the electric vehicle maker has become one of the most important stocks in the U.S. stock market, but said the stock remains fundamentally overvalued. The stock surged 6.8% in premarket trading Tuesday, after soaring 12.6% on Monday. RBC Capital's Joseph Spak lifted is price target to $290, which implies a 42% drop from Monday's record close of $498.32, from $170, while maintaining his underperform rating. "We recognize we underestimated a critical valuation point: seemingly insatiable investor demand for alternative/clean vehicles," Spak wrote in a note to clients. He said he also believes investors have willing to show more patience and look further out for companies like Tesla. "That being said, we struggle to explain the run-up to the stock split which academically doesn't change the value of Tesla equity but could help fuel investor interest," Spak wrote. "We still view Tesla as fundamentally overvalued and having to grow into its valuation." Of the 36 analysts surveyed by FactSet, just 19% are bullish, 31% are bearish, and 50% are neutral. Since Tesla announced the 5-for-1 stock split after the Aug. 11 close, the stock has soared 81.3% through Monday, while the S&P 500 SPX, -0.21% has gained 5.0%.
+81% since the split, there you go
Which Credit Cards to sign up? >> Jerry's List of Credit Cards with $200+ Welcome bonus/Aeroplan & AMEX Churning FAQ
AMEX Personal 60K || Business Platinum 75K || Biz Gold 40K
Deal Addict
May 19, 2005
3918 posts
901 upvotes
Markham
Red Flag Deals. TSLA having a sale today because of slight share dilution with new issuance.

AAPL up, so I might be swapping some more AAPL for TSLA.
Some people just don't get that online forum posts shouldn't always be taken seriously.
Dec 27, 2010
238 posts
82 upvotes
I completely believe TSLA will crash at some point and agree their current valuation is bonkers but man, it's wild being a part of something this crazy. Like anyone who sees a huge spike like this, there's always "I wish I bought more" or even "I wish I bought in" feelings (I only grabbed a few shares at $500) so I think I'll ride it out as I don't have as much on the line. I really don't know how I'd feel if I had say 100-200 shares pre-split as that starts to become really serious swings in your portfolio.