• Nov 26th, 2020 7:35 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
43702 posts
6932 upvotes
T.O. Lotto Captain
jerryhung wrote: Tesla stock price target raised, but RBC analyst says it is 'fundamentally overvalued' - MarketWatch
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/tesla ... latestnews

+81% since the split, there you go
I think Theres no such thing as fundamentals anymore.
All it takes it some guys on reddit/social media... and a shit load of people with an app for their brokerage setup on their phone.
Boom pumped!

Its the same reason some people think the world is flat.
Theres an army of people who think tesla will reach $10,000 per share.
The cult of tesla is real!!!

Especially since elon musk is actually an advanced alien from outer space.
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2007
2356 posts
163 upvotes
There was an interesting theory floating around the twitter sphere, about why RBC was so negative on Tesla. RBC also had trouble and delays with the dividend distribution. The theory was that RBC allowed some select clients to do long naked shorts on Tesla. Since the naked shorts weren't on file with Tesla as shareholders of record, they obviously wouldn't receive any of the extra shares.

The shorts would need to make whole the position, hence the panic and delay. Explains some of the crazy run-up after the split announcement.

Long story short, be wary of everything you read. Maybe RBC has a reason to be bearish on the company.
Sep 21, 2004
10442 posts
4726 upvotes
Calgary
twistededge wrote: I completely believe TSLA will crash at some point and agree their current valuation is bonkers but man, it's wild being a part of something this crazy. Like anyone who sees a huge spike like this, there's always "I wish I bought more" or even "I wish I bought in" feelings (I only grabbed a few shares at $500) so I think I'll ride it out as I don't have as much on the line. I really don't know how I'd feel if I had say 100-200 shares pre-split as that starts to become really serious swings in your portfolio.
Totally agree. On one hand it was a good problem to have, on another, even a moderate down day like today means a loss in 5 figures to my portfolio. Definitely not for the faint of heart on this rodeo ride.
Dec 27, 2010
237 posts
82 upvotes
b166er1337 wrote: Totally agree. On one hand it was a good problem to have, on another, even a moderate down day like today means a loss in 5 figures to my portfolio. Definitely not for the faint of heart on this rodeo ride.
Right and at that point, it's better to look at changes in terms of % as opposed to $. Hopefully your portfolio is balanced, even with your TSLA holdings, so you're not too exposed to market swings.
Oct 12, 2009
426 posts
137 upvotes
Ouch. I woke up and checked and I'm $800 down. Maybe I shouldn't have jumped on board straight away. Meh, long term play so ride the wave as they say
2010 Contest Wins: 0
Deal Addict
May 19, 2005
3912 posts
899 upvotes
Markham
Day traders are having a field day with all those swings today.
Some people just don't get that online forum posts shouldn't always be taken seriously.
Apr 18, 2017
571 posts
431 upvotes
RBC and most banks including CHMC predicted a housing crash from the pandemic back in March. Yet prices are up 20% in the GTA year to year.

I don’t believe what these analysts ever say anymore.
Dec 21, 2011
179 posts
34 upvotes
BURNABY
It pretty much just right back where we were Monday.

I'm very new to this and it long term but kinda sucks seeing those gains wiped out lol
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2013
2875 posts
3739 upvotes
Edmonton
hockeyfan1990 wrote: RBC and most banks including CHMC predicted a housing crash from the pandemic back in March. Yet prices are up 20% in the GTA year to year.

I don’t believe what these analysts ever say anymore.
Just wait, it's still entirely possible that everyone is just blowing their load right now and defaults are about to skyrocket.
Mar 9, 2017
71 posts
34 upvotes
Tesla’s stock TSLA, -5.83% dropped 7.5% in active afternoon trading, which would be the biggest one-day decline since May 1. The stock has now tumbled 12% since it closed at a record $498.32 on Monday, when its 5-for-1 stock split took effect.

Many on Wall Street label a decline of at least 10% to up to 20% from a significant peak as a correction, while a decline of 20% or more is defined as a bear market. A close below $448.49 would make the correction “official,” while a close at or below $398.56 would mark a bear market.
Dec 21, 2011
179 posts
34 upvotes
BURNABY
goodfella99 wrote: Tesla’s stock TSLA, -5.83% dropped 7.5% in active afternoon trading, which would be the biggest one-day decline since May 1. The stock has now tumbled 12% since it closed at a record $498.32 on Monday, when its 5-for-1 stock split took effect.

Many on Wall Street label a decline of at least 10% to up to 20% from a significant peak as a correction, while a decline of 20% or more is defined as a bear market. A close below $448.49 would make the correction “official,” while a close at or below $398.56 would mark a bear market.
I mean it interesting... It still up a little bit after split lol

I'll probably add again if it goes to $400