• Last Updated:
  • Oct 25th, 2020 1:49 pm
Tags:
None
Jan 5, 2006
981 posts
118 upvotes
Mississauga
Readflagdeals wrote: If analysts could alayze, they wouldn't be analysts anymore.
Yup. Ron Baron was an analyst, and knew he could do better. Started his own fund using his analyst skills and now he's a billionaire.
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Winnings:
2008 - 591mL Coke drink
Mar 9, 2017
70 posts
34 upvotes
Tesla down to $380 after hours.... yikes. $350 or below and im jumping in!
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2013
1442 posts
1628 upvotes
Red Deer, AB
goodfella99 wrote: Tesla down to $380 after hours.... yikes. $350 or below and im jumping in!
It's funny 'cuz when I ordered my Model 3 back in May, it was ~$150. When I picked it up in late June, the price had jumped to $200. And it's now at $400 but dropping.

Very difficult to know what the end would be...
TFSA: XAW | RRSP: VEQT + VAB | Non-Reg: XIC

It's really that simple.
Dec 21, 2011
164 posts
29 upvotes
BURNABY
goodfella99 wrote: Tesla down to $380 after hours.... yikes. $350 or below and im jumping in!
How....does the after market work? I checked pre market and it says it is down $10 from it $407 close
Deal Addict
May 6, 2010
2820 posts
267 upvotes
Markham
Diamond Jim here. Put in a low ball offer for ... 4 shares of TSLA.
Deal Addict
May 19, 2005
3893 posts
886 upvotes
Markham
JamesRox wrote: How....does the after market work? I checked pre market and it says it is down $10 from it $407 close

You can check all the trades. It was done to as low as $378 when I chekc last night but in premarket this monring it’s been trending up to as high as $414. It’s going to be another rollercoaster day. Hang on for the ride.

https://www.nasdaq.com/market-activity/ ... pre-market
Some people just don't get that online forum posts shouldn't always be taken seriously.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
54013 posts
18962 upvotes
TuxedoBlack wrote: It's funny 'cuz when I ordered my Model 3 back in May, it was ~$150. When I picked it up in late June, the price had jumped to $200. And it's now at $400 but dropping.

Very difficult to know what the end would be...
When will you ever buy TSLA? :)

Tesla putting lots of pressure on the old farts. GM and Honda announced an alliance.
Nov 14, 2017
108 posts
66 upvotes
alanbrenton wrote: When will you ever buy TSLA? :)

Tesla putting lots of pressure on the old farts. GM and Honda announced an alliance.
I think Tesla is a software company first, so unless these old guards figure out how to compete at that level, I still think Tesla will be in a unique situation with that advantage.

All these other EVs coming to market just feel like ICE cars with an electric motor. Tesla provides a different experience.
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2013
1442 posts
1628 upvotes
Red Deer, AB
alanbrenton wrote: When will you ever buy TSLA? :)

I don't do individual stocks... tempting but no thanks.

It's really that simple.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
54013 posts
18962 upvotes
zerodev wrote: I think Tesla is a software company first, so unless these old guards figure out how to compete at that level, I still think Tesla will be in a unique situation with that advantage.

All these other EVs coming to market just feel like ICE cars with an electric motor. Tesla provides a different experience.
We buy cars for the software now? Telsa is carbon credits company first and foremost. :)

If it's a software company, how come it's taking so long to get tri-motor Plaid out? Also, why did it rely on Mobileye in the past for ADAS?

If it's a software company for free farts and sentry, I would just walk away. OTA upgrades to slow charging so as not to pay for battery repair under warranty, hmmm. That definitely leaves a bad taste on loyal Tesla vehicle owners.

Don't get me wrong. I wish you guys all the best. I really want TSLA to hit a trillion dollar (or more) valuation asap. Going to be my first foray into puts in 2026/27. :)
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2013
1442 posts
1628 upvotes
Red Deer, AB
alanbrenton wrote: We buy cars for the software now? Telsa is carbon credits company first and foremost. :)

If it's a software company, how come it's taking so long to get tri-motor Plaid out? Also, why did it rely on Mobileye in the past for ADAS?

If it's a software company for free farts and sentry, I would just walk away. OTA upgrades to slow charging so as not to pay for battery repair under warranty, hmmm. That definitely leaves a bad taste on loyal Tesla vehicle owners.

Don't get me wrong. I wish you guys all the best. I really want TSLA to hit a trillion dollar (or more) valuation asap. Going to be my first foray into puts in 2026/27. :)
Here is the thing: Tesla will either "make it" and be the most valuable company in the world (yes, bigger than Amazon), or they will be an also-ran: a good company but not the world's best and largest.

In the meantime, I'll enjoy the ride both literally and figuratively (even though I own no Tesla stocks directly).

Part of me thinks Tesla will be #1 in the next 10 years. We shall wait and see.

It's really that simple.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
54013 posts
18962 upvotes
TuxedoBlack wrote: Here is the thing: Tesla will either "make it" and be the most valuable company in the world (yes, bigger than Amazon), or they will be an also-ran: a good company but not the world's best and largest.

In the meantime, I'll enjoy the ride both literally and figuratively (even though I own no Tesla stocks directly).

I don't think it will be an also-ran, there's Nissan, Mitsubishi, and maybe Toyota for that. Tesla vehicles are great but far from even being 90% perfect.

Anyone coming from most ICEVs priced below $50k will be quite satisfied with the ride, handling, performance of the TM3. I don't deny that.

Not with the current management structure. Musk's brother on the board, yada yada... CEO forcing real founders to designate him as one of the company founders, WTF?

Unless its autonomous driving become ubiquitous and its cars become appreciating assets, I'm not betting my head lice's life on it.

#1 in what, it's rank third from the bottom on the reliability survey lol:
https://insideevs.com/news/442454/tesla ... ty-survey/
Sep 21, 2004
10401 posts
4666 upvotes
Calgary
TuxedoBlack wrote: Here is the thing: Tesla will either "make it" and be the most valuable company in the world (yes, bigger than Amazon), or they will be an also-ran: a good company but not the world's best and largest.

wow green. There is 14% swing in one day. It is bonkers. This is why bulls and bears both love and hate the stock.
Aug 3, 2019
302 posts
178 upvotes
im not so happy now , but im sure it will bounce back
Mar 5, 2020
36 posts
12 upvotes
Picked up some more yesterday, but was about $10 shy of the intraday low so missed the dip today...