• Oct 9th, 2020 10:29 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2016
1543 posts
1585 upvotes
Toronto, ON
There may be a dip after the hype again. The stock is so volatile. Why not take profit and buy back again when the hype is done.
Penalty Box
May 15, 2016
6141 posts
2072 upvotes
dotsandpixels wrote: There may be a dip after the hype again. The stock is so volatile. Why not take profit and buy back again when the hype is done.
Or it may go to the moon at 600 and be priced out forever.
Aug 18, 2003
957 posts
232 upvotes
Terrace
vivibaby wrote: Or it may go to the moon at 600 and be priced out forever.
well...the only reason TSLA bounced after the 33% crucifixion it got after being denied the S&P last week was the hype about battery day on sept 22.

what catalyst do you see after that?
To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.
Penalty Box
May 15, 2016
6141 posts
2072 upvotes
Charles wrote:
well...the only reason TSLA bounced after the 33% crucifixion it got after being denied the S&P last week was the hype about battery day on sept 22.

Tesla is the only tech company I didn't buy because I didn't believe in the valuation but it's also the only one that is recovering. APPL, MSFT, and AMZN didn't have a reason to go down and rebound but it did. It doesn't have to have a catalyst or make sense. Maybe the hype makes it worth $600?
jerryhung wrote: TSLA is always moving up on hype, FOMO, CEO tweets, hope

$500 to $330 to $460 in a month
Exactly.
Jul 22, 2018
68 posts
34 upvotes
rf134a wrote: Tying compensation only to the stock price causes CEOs to make short-sighted decisions that only increase the share price with little value added to the enterprise. Firing staff to increase margins makes the share price go up... banks seem to do this every quarter despite record profits.

TSLA is a bit different in that the majority of Elon's wealth is tied up in the stock options and the fact he owns around 20% of the company. Compare this to the CEOs of other car makers, who often own less than 0.2% of the company.
are bank stocks that high growth? firing staff seems like a small profit move.
Jul 22, 2018
68 posts
34 upvotes
Charles wrote: well...the only reason TSLA bounced after the 33% crucifixion it got after being denied the S&P last week was the hype about battery day on sept 22.

wouldnt s&p inclusion just be delayed to a later event.

also q3 numbers.

also I dont think singular events cause the stock to go up and down daily. its just generally very violate with a clear uptick.
Deal Addict
May 19, 2005
3889 posts
883 upvotes
Markham
Looks like I’m buying in today.
Some people just don't get that online forum posts shouldn't always be taken seriously.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2003
8027 posts
1574 upvotes
new analyst price targets $475 and $515 respectively. Battery day presentation starts at 4:30pm EST on Tuesday.
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2010
2797 posts
739 upvotes
dotsandpixels wrote: There may be a dip after the hype again. The stock is so volatile. Why not take profit and buy back again when the hype is done.
historically this doesn't prove to be effective for average traders.
Penalty Box
May 15, 2016
6141 posts
2072 upvotes
rapashoo wrote: historically this doesn't prove to be effective for average traders.
What do you mean? Examples?
Deal Addict
May 19, 2005
3889 posts
883 upvotes
Markham
rapashoo wrote: historically this doesn't prove to be effective for average traders.
I just swung traded TSLA 420 to 448 after my 350 to 450 this week. I don't know. It's working well for me. I'm OK with keep TSLA long term or having none at all. In the mean time I'm eating up the swings.
Some people just don't get that online forum posts shouldn't always be taken seriously.
Deal Addict
May 19, 2005
3889 posts
883 upvotes
Markham
Anyone taking profits for Battery Day and hoping to buy back later?
May 3, 2010
353 posts
84 upvotes
Jonavin wrote: Anyone taking profits for Battery Day and hoping to buy back later?
That's the plan. I bought 20k worth a couple of weeks ago thinking I will keep it long-term. But seeing the volatility around this stock, I will be cashing in tomorrow. I am expecting a dip in the market as the US is seamlessly transitioning into a 2nd wave (As is the rest of the world). I will buy it again at that point.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
17408 posts
4206 upvotes
Toronto
I highly recommend everyone sell before battery day...this is hyped far too much...its most likely going to be a buy the rumour sell the news event.
Real Estate Agent, MAcc, CPA, CA