Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Sobeys

10% Off Air Canada Gift Cards

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 29th, 2018 12:17 pm
Sep 27, 2017
171 posts
209 upvotes
Platypoos, ON
Is the $50-$500 per gift card limit only in Ontario?
Deal Addict
Nov 3, 2009
1922 posts
1195 upvotes
Calgary
coolkunal wrote: For BMO world Elite - "Coverage applies only when You charge the full or partial cost of Your Trip to the Primary or Family
Cardholder’s MasterCard when booking Your Trip.Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Yay~ so basically can I just charge 1 cent and get the coverage?
Jun 16, 2007
924 posts
812 upvotes
Great deal thanks OP.

Use in combination with the new TD cash back credit card for an additional 6% cash back.
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2009
1841 posts
654 upvotes
Toronto
I read the thread and understand that I can split the ticket purchase between 500GC and my CC. (when the ticket price is over $1000)
Did anyone actually try ordering ticket this way online, if yes was it easy?

Also, is this gift card considered "safe"? You can see from the SDM gift card thread that many GCs are unsafe - have magnetic strip exposed, no pin number, etc.
Safer cards are usually in a package that protects most of the bar code, have pin.
Safest cards are the ones that you can instantly go online and transfer the value to online account (like Amazon, Starbucks).

I am a bit worried about these cards that I would have to wait a while before actually using it.
Deal Expert
Oct 30, 2006
16321 posts
7966 upvotes
There's always a risk. Spend it right away or pick a gift card behind the counter.
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2007
2568 posts
1093 upvotes
Just want to confirm...I can use these cards when calling in to AC call center to book a flight?
Jul 20, 2008
130 posts
25 upvotes
Toronto
TO_girl wrote: Would I be able to put the entire amount of a all inclusive trip for a family of 4 into a giftcard and pay for it via gift card?

If it is possible I would save a few hundred dollars. But I would be uneasy putting a few thousand dollars on a giftcard at a grocery store.
In that case, maybe best to use these GCs for on board duty free purchases...that is if it's allowed?
Aug 25, 2015
190 posts
286 upvotes
Victoria, BC
So Thrifty Foods in BC is out of this?
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2011
4193 posts
11678 upvotes
>er YEG pi-r-sq'd
plgqnn wrote: So Thrifty Foods in BC is out of this?
Since this offer is only on for 1 week and I'm not seeing it in the current Thrifty Foods (BC) flyer, I would assume they are not participating.

If this offer went on for 2 weeks, there is the possibility that the deal would appear in some Empire Co Ltd stores in the first week's flyers and others in the second week's flyers.

I would recommend calling Thrifty Foods Customer Care (1-800-667-8280) and ask if they're participating but not advertising.
Jun 11, 2017
394 posts
1070 upvotes
Just bought $500. Discount applied automatically on their POS screen once the cashier loaded the card. ($50 discount)

Got 20 some odd air miles and a coupon for 15c off gas as well. Combine that with credit card cash back and this is relatively hot if you've got a trip to book.
Aug 26, 2008
491 posts
156 upvotes
tried to pay with gift card and masterpass, the system gave an error. so this is not doable to use gift card payment with masterpass..
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2007
2568 posts
1093 upvotes
lardiop1 wrote: Just bought $500. Discount applied automatically on their POS screen once the cashier loaded the card. ($50 discount)

Got 20 some odd air miles and a coupon for 15c off gas as well. Combine that with credit card cash back and this is relatively hot if you've got a trip to book.
Is the GC shrinkwrapped or sealed?
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2013
2950 posts
1611 upvotes
lardiop1 wrote: Just bought $500. Discount applied automatically on their POS screen once the cashier loaded the card. ($50 discount)

Was this from a Sobeys or an Urban Fresh? Sometimes the air miles are given on gift cards at one but not the other.
Jul 25, 2015
258 posts
157 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Bought $500 today. Just FYI, the gift card is not sealed, but it does have a PIN hidden by a scratch area. Also, to check the balance online, you need the postal code tied to your credit card. So I assume you'd need that to use the card as well. Seems pretty secure.
Oct 8, 2010
39 posts
21 upvotes
Kitchener
Saved over $200 using the gift cards to purchase 4 tickets. Unfortunately I had to do 4 separate bookings since each of the tickets was roughly $600. The agent on the phone was very helpful and did it all for me with no issues, and he linked the bookings indicating that the people are travelling together.

Yes, I do not have insurance etc that I would normally have if I were to use the credit card, but these are direct flights so I don't expect that to be an issue (in fact I have never used CC insurance due to a delayed flight/lost luggage).

To reiterate, you can only use 2 forms of payment which does include 2 gift cards, meaning you can only use 2 gift cars, or 1 gift card/1 CC.

Also in my case, since the ticket was $600, it did not make sense for me to use the masterpass deal since it would send me a $60 eGift card to use at a later time. I would rather save %10 now (and more +4% for the grocery cashback).
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2011
7205 posts
9238 upvotes
The NORTH
ibuddler wrote: They charge fee for that?
LOL, it's Air Canada... What do they do that doesn't have a fee connected? I'm waiting for the next announcement that they will charge a fee to use the flight attendant call button in the plane. You know, people pressing that button should be charged as they are diverting flight attendants from helping everyone to focus on one person, shouldn't that person have to pay since they are inconveniencing everyone else?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2011
7205 posts
9238 upvotes
The NORTH
alanbrenton wrote: Plus 4% for those with cc's that offer that cash back on grocery purchases.

AC really wants us to not earn aeropesos anymore.
What's an aeropeso?
Nov 11, 2017
218 posts
239 upvotes
Wakkanai
Is $500 the maximum I can put on a gift card?
Jul 25, 2015
258 posts
157 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Otakoo wrote: Is $500 the maximum I can put on a gift card?
Yes, the ones in store are variable load up to $500.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)