Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Sobeys

10% Off Air Canada Gift Cards

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 29th, 2018 12:17 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2003
4686 posts
3840 upvotes
Edmonton
A0958824316 wrote: For international roundtrip above $1,000 ($500 GC x2), could you book going and returning separately, so you can you use up to 4 gift cards for the trip?
You can book departure/return trips separately, but they'll be considered one-way fares, which typically cost a lot more than return fares.
Oct 10, 2011
70 posts
81 upvotes
Do the gift cards expire at any time and is there any fee involved with activation or not using it for a while in the terms?
Deal Addict
Nov 5, 2007
1306 posts
653 upvotes
Toronto
CC covers so many different travel insurance that it isn't worth 10% savings imo.

Last March I was stuck in Osaka due to snowstorm in Toronto. Had to fight with UA counter (not AC but still somewhat same tier airline lol) to get myself a next day flight - initially was a 2 day delay. But still they refused to provide me any accommodation or meals due to weather delay (aka not their fault). TD aeroplan visa infinite covered it all. Over $300 money back. Those travel insurances are invaluable even for the simplest conditions.
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2009
1841 posts
654 upvotes
Toronto
eeto wrote: CC covers so many different travel insurance that it isn't worth 10% savings imo.

Last March I was stuck in Osaka due to snowstorm in Toronto. Had to fight with UA counter (not AC but still somewhat same tier airline lol) to get myself a next day flight - initially was a 2 day delay. But still they refused to provide me any accommodation or meals due to weather delay (aka not their fault). TD aeroplan visa infinite covered it all. Over $300 money back. Those travel insurances are invaluable even for the simplest conditions.
I think it depends. Most of the time you are probably right, but if the person is traveling direct flight within NA, and planning to book now/very soon, it might be worth it.
Also some people have very simple credit cards that doesn't come with a good travel insurance.
Dec 16, 2012
387 posts
402 upvotes
Calgary
Did anyone find any in Edmonton AB?? Called the one closest to me, the lady was clueless even after I pointed out the flyer =(
😁
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2005
2820 posts
458 upvotes
I went to get these GCs at the Laird/Eglinton Sobeys in TO... there was a dragon lady at the CS desk (which is where these are kept) who limited the purchase to two GCs maximum.
Apr 30, 2008
86 posts
29 upvotes
globalize9 wrote: Did anyone find any in Edmonton AB?? Called the one closest to me, the lady was clueless even after I pointed out the flyer =(
Got mine from Safeway Garneau (Whyte Ave) and the discount was automatically applied at the till.

Thanks OP for posting this.
Jul 25, 2015
258 posts
157 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
footmark wrote: Thanks OP. Bought a few GCs on the weekend.

When checking the GC balance on Air Canada's website, it required the card #, pin and the postal code of Sobeys store where I purchased the GC from. It doesn't tell you what postal code you have to enter from the website. I tried my home's postal code and it didn't work, then the postal code of the Sobeys store and it work. I have to Google the store's postal code, it is not on the receipt.
Strange, I wonder if it's the first three characters of the postal code? My home postal code worked but both would have the first three characters.
Jul 25, 2015
258 posts
157 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
globalize9 wrote: Did anyone find any in Edmonton AB?? Called the one closest to me, the lady was clueless even after I pointed out the flyer =(
There were 20+ at the Heritage Sobeys when I went on Sunday. Took me a while to find it on the gift card rack but it was fully stocked.
Dec 16, 2012
387 posts
402 upvotes
Calgary
cooldeol wrote: Got mine from Safeway Garneau (Whyte Ave) and the discount was automatically applied at the till.

Thanks OP for posting this.
Oh wow thanks, forgot Sobeys bought out Safeway, will stop by tomorrow morning to pick one up then! Was gonna go to the Sobeys way down south.
😁
Nov 14, 2017
1 posts
roastpuff wrote: It is totally possible. I paid for a $800 flight that way.
How were you able to combine remaining balance above 500 using masterpass, does the system present you with that option ?
Deal Addict
May 26, 2005
1040 posts
965 upvotes
GVRD
hidude44us wrote: How were you able to combine remaining balance above 500 using masterpass, does the system present you with that option ?
Yes it just gave me the option of credit card, Masterpass, or interac.
Mar 15, 2008
358 posts
231 upvotes
Went to Sobeys Barrhaven and they were out of gift cards, went to the one in Kanata after and the lady told me all the Sobeys in Ottawa were sold out. I then went to a Rexall to pick up a prescription and noticed they had Air Canada gift cards. I took two off the shelf and went back to Sobeys, and they activated no problem. Flight booked, saved $97 and got 4% rewards on my Amex. Thanks OP!
May 2, 2015
706 posts
593 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Hi I have a travel coming soon. In addition to this, Amex reward is offering $500 Air Canada gift card for 65,000 points. Is it a good deal. Any advise will be greatly appreciated!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)