Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Sobeys

4 for $1 Cheetos Mac 'n Cheese Flamin' Hot Flavor Only (YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 10th, 2022 1:07 pm
Aug 8, 2020
280 posts
1237 upvotes
Calgary, AB

[Sobeys] 4 for $1 Cheetos Mac 'n Cheese Flamin' Hot Flavor Only (YMMV)

Was at the Cranston Sobeys in Calgary today and noticed this deal at the checkout. No idea if all Sobeys have the same deal going on or if there's more stock in the stores somewhere. Every cashier had a flat or 2 sitting near the tills. I'm guessing this is a huge YMMV.
Images
  • 20220205_125404.jpg
59 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2016
1663 posts
4016 upvotes
They must be clearing out. This stuff taste like shit. Literally.
Last edited by Admin on Jul 32th, 2027 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jun 11, 2019
327 posts
332 upvotes
North York, Toronto
InvaIid wrote: They must be clearing out. This stuff taste like shit. Literally.
I thought I was the only one. Didn't resemble anything that tasted like food. Stunk up my condo. All that red stuff was a pain in the ass to toss out. But I got downvoted into oblivion for saying this on Reddit so, there are some freaks out there
Banned
Jul 7, 2019
1300 posts
1934 upvotes
Oilers Country
bigmcquizel wrote: Was at the Cranston Sobeys in Calgary today and noticed this deal at the checkout. No idea if all Sobeys have the same deal going on or if there's more stock in the stores somewhere. Every cashier had a flat or 2 sitting near the tills. I'm guessing this is a huge YMMV.
This item was a huge push last year...it was literally everywhere, with big displays in major supermarkets. It clearly didn't go over very well, because I've seen multiple places blowing it out at rock-bottom prices. It is YMMV: I've seen it for 97 cents each at one Sobeys, 75 cents each at one local Safeway, 4/$5.00 at another Safeway.

The funny thing is that one of the stores still had a bunch of stock with the Buy 3 Get 1 Free coupon attached to the boxes. So a person could have cleared out the lot and paid next to nothing each.

Somebody must have bought them, because they're all gone at my local supermarkets now.
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2006
3778 posts
6248 upvotes
I've bought all 3 to try out last year. Not something I'll buy again, it was just meh. The Jalepeno was the best out of 3, and even then, I wouldn't buy again. At these prices, I MIGHT re-consider, but I wouldn't go out of my way to get it.
Jan 27, 2022
79 posts
201 upvotes
Just in case anyone’s curious the ingredients

Wheat Flour, Palm Oil, Whey, Salt, Maltodextrin, Cheddar Cheese (Milk, Cultures, Salt, Enzymes), Corn Syrup Solids, Sugar, Modified Corn Starch, Cultured Nonfat Buttermilk, Autolyzed Yeast Extract, Citric Acid, Monosodium Glutamate, Sunflower Oil, Onion Powder, Whey Protein Concentrate, Lactic Acid, Natural Flavor, Red 40 Lake, Yellow 5, Yellow 6, Yellow 6 Lake, Garlic Powder, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Blue Cheese (Milk, Cultures, Salt, Enzymes), Disodium Guanylate, Disodium Inosinate, Sodium Diacetate, Xanthan Gum, Iron, Niacinamide, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid.
Jan 27, 2011
718 posts
773 upvotes
Wheybro wrote: Just in case anyone’s curious the ingredients

Wheat Flour, Palm Oil, Whey, Salt, Maltodextrin, Cheddar Cheese (Milk, Cultures, Salt, Enzymes), Corn Syrup Solids, Sugar, Modified Corn Starch, Cultured Nonfat Buttermilk, Autolyzed Yeast Extract, Citric Acid, Monosodium Glutamate, Sunflower Oil, Onion Powder, Whey Protein Concentrate, Lactic Acid, Natural Flavor, Red 40 Lake, Yellow 5, Yellow 6, Yellow 6 Lake, Garlic Powder, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Blue Cheese (Milk, Cultures, Salt, Enzymes), Disodium Guanylate, Disodium Inosinate, Sodium Diacetate, Xanthan Gum, Iron, Niacinamide, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid.
Yuck. Nasty.
Sep 10, 2012
210 posts
256 upvotes
Niagara Falls
I love spicy food and this stuff is just bad. Don't waste your money.
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2010
1430 posts
2396 upvotes
richmond hill
This product was a huge fail lolz
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2019
1297 posts
1456 upvotes
Nunavut
Wheybro wrote: Just in case anyone’s curious the ingredients

Which ones are the harmful ones?
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2017
1533 posts
2767 upvotes
Toronto
Buy the standard cheese powder in bulk and get these cheap boxes to save on kd? From what people are saying it's not even worth buying and donating, which I guess is generally true with stuff like this. They need food with more nutritional value to make it into the food banks.
Jan 26, 2013
63 posts
111 upvotes
lol, I bought a box of 12 from Costco and thought it was good, I ate it pretty quick, it can get addicting. My time has come :D
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2006
1512 posts
1764 upvotes
striderKan wrote: I thought I was the only one. Didn't resemble anything that tasted like food. Stunk up my condo. All that red stuff was a pain in the ass to toss out. But I got downvoted into oblivion for saying this on Reddit so, there are some freaks out there
When you’re being downvoted on reddit, you know you’re on the right side of history.
Mar 13, 2012
385 posts
221 upvotes
OTTAWA
the regular flavor one tastes ok imo

kd is just better tho and has more pasta per box, which is not saying much, on both levels

i usually eat pretty healthy, but tried this just to see. will likely never go back
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2019
1378 posts
1670 upvotes
I remember seeing these at some stores for $4 a box. Like, how could this possibly have cost so much? That's insane. Kd regularly goes on sale for a few for a buck yet this used to cost $4 for one?

And apparently this tastes terrible. Glad I never got the chance to try it.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2014
5026 posts
5810 upvotes
Sounds like packaging looks better than it tastes :)
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2005
4103 posts
362 upvotes
The regular cheese is amazing but this hot one is way too hot.
Ephemera

Member since 2005.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 22, 2007
9280 posts
3006 upvotes
London
The Freshco near me was clearing out a bunch of odd KD flavouring powders. I'm not sure I understand why these companies feel the need to create these exTrEMe FlaVouRS.

That said, I'd buy these to use with regular KD, maybe in a 2-1 or 3-1 ratio? Can't beat the price.
Mar 31, 2013
436 posts
342 upvotes
Sherwood Park
InvaIid wrote: They must be clearing out. This stuff taste like shit. Literally.
I disagree about the shit taste although I've never actually eaten shit. These do taste like they'll give you colon cancer.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)