Expired Hot Deals

[Sobeys] Beyond Meat ground (July 9-15) - $3.99 (after $2 coupon)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 16th, 2020 9:44 pm
[OP]
Jul 6, 2020
16 posts
83 upvotes

[Sobeys] Beyond Meat ground (July 9-15) - $3.99 (after $2 coupon)

FireFireFire Another HOT deal alert!: Beyond recently sent out a coupon via email for those that are subscribed: "Enjoy $2 off any Beyond Meat product with this special summer coupon below." This printable coupon is valid until July 31st!

Starting today, SOBEYS has Beyond ground on sale for $5.99. Use this coupon and it becomes only $3.99 a pack! If you don't have a Sobeys near you, you can also price match at Real Canadian Superstore, No Frills, etc. (just make sure they will price match the Sobeys flyer)! Price matching at one of these stores would also probably guarantee more inventory available.
Don't forget the fine print says you can use this coupon twice for each shopping tripat the cash, for two separate Beyond products! Of course you can go back and make multiple purchases, using 2 coupons each time!

Link: https://www.beyondmeat.com/coupons/07ca ... 16ed7e5e62
Last edited by marg8181 on Jul 9th, 2020 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Title edit
46 replies
May 23, 2008
766 posts
331 upvotes
Gtown ON
[...]

I've had a "steak" made of "beyond meat" and it was very tasty, almost impossible to tell it's not real meat. I put it on the cook's skill. The problems started a couple of hours after that, the beans and oils in there are a riot :)
Last edited by Mars2012 on Jul 10th, 2020 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: quote and your response were removed
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2003
4918 posts
3601 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
Great price. This is nothing that I'd want personally, but would be good on hand for vegetarian family members that come for bbqs. Has anyone had any experience freezing this stuff?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 20, 2006
9344 posts
2813 upvotes
Melkor wrote: Great price. This is nothing that I'd want personally, but would be good on hand for vegetarian family members that come for bbqs. Has anyone had any experience freezing this stuff?
Yeah. We freeze it all the time after getting the 8 pack from Costco. Freezes fine. More than the burgers I like the hot Italian sausages though.
May 23, 2008
766 posts
331 upvotes
Gtown ON
[...]
Beyond Beef in Sobey's flyer is 340 grams, so $5.34/lbs. Compare with $3.99/lbs of Sirloin tip roast in the same flyer.
Last edited by Mars2012 on Jul 10th, 2020 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: quote removed
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
41042 posts
6360 upvotes
Thanks OP! So what is this mainly used for? Patties? Meatballs?

Also what is the expiry/shelf life?
Proud to be an Indian.
Sep 26, 2004
106 posts
83 upvotes
I tried the coupon last week at Sobeys when the burgers where $6.99.
The coupon says you can print it twice which I did.
When I tried to use the coupon at the till they refused it. Stating it did not say internet coupon.
I went to Foodbasics as they had the same price and they took the coupons no problem.
Once I got home I emailed both Beyond Beef and Sobeys head office and told them about refusing the coupons at store level.
I hope they have it worked out this week.
Waterloo, Ontario
Jan 8, 2015
734 posts
464 upvotes
RaidZero wrote: [...]

I've had a "steak" made of "beyond meat" and it was very tasty, almost impossible to tell it's not real meat. I put it on the cook's skill. The problems started a couple of hours after that, the beans and oils in there are a riot :)
I don't know if all the beyond meat burgers are the same but the one I tried from A&W immediately reminded me of a veggie burger I had tried 20 years ago which was the last time I tried a veggie burger. Maybe that's why I could tell it was not ground beef.

Speaking for myself "real meat" > plant based meat(whatever you call it)
Last edited by Mars2012 on Jul 10th, 2020 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edit in quote
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2006
3606 posts
411 upvotes
Vancouver
Melkor wrote: Great price. This is nothing that I'd want personally, but would be good on hand for vegetarian family members that come for bbqs. Has anyone had any experience freezing this stuff?
I froze it for several weeks, no issue that I could taste.
Feb 20, 2019
76 posts
55 upvotes
Vancouver
djemzine wrote: Thanks OP! So what is this mainly used for? Patties? Meatballs?

Also what is the expiry/shelf life?
This is essentially the same as the patties so yes you can make your own patties. I get 4x out of one pack versus 2x.

Great for tacos, burritos and everything else you would usually put ground meat.

The shelf life is not great but I freeze them right away and then thaw in the fridge for a day. If you need small portions then open the package and make desired portions and freeze.
Dec 20, 2012
720 posts
583 upvotes
Surrey
Quickman wrote: I don't know if all the beyond meat burgers are the same but the one I tried from A&W immediately reminded me of a veggie burger I had tried 20 years ago which was the last time I tried a veggie burger. Maybe that's why I could tell it was not ground beef.

Speaking for myself "real meat" > plant based meat(whatever you call it)
If it’s chicken or other poultry then I agree. Red meat, not so much.
Feb 20, 2019
76 posts
55 upvotes
Vancouver
Looks like it is for that price at Safeway as well.
May 23, 2008
766 posts
331 upvotes
Gtown ON
Quickman wrote: Speaking for myself "real meat" > plant based meat(whatever you call it)
Absolutely, but sometimes, for various reasons, I cannot have real meat.
Got some other "vegetable burgers" then "beyond meat" at the grocery store and I did not like them very much. That's why I said that cooking matters.
Aug 15, 2012
116 posts
47 upvotes
Winnipeg

It comes in frozen and is then defrosted for sale. Ask the counter for a frozen pack if you want to keep it frozen.