Expired Hot Deals

Sobeys

Beyond Meat products (incl. burgers + breakfast sausages) only $2.99 w/ $2 printable manufacturer coupon - May 19-25

• Last Updated:
  • May 25th, 2022 12:04 pm
[OP]
Jul 6, 2020
270 posts
1047 upvotes

[Sobeys] Beyond Meat products (incl. burgers + breakfast sausages) only $2.99 w/ $2 printable manufacturer coupon - May 19-25

Sobeys has all the Beyond Meat products on sale for $4.99 this flyer week (at least in Ontario).

Use the $2 printable coupon found here: https://www.beyondmeat.com/en-CA/coupon ... ca-welcome

Remember, the fine print says you can use up to TWO coupons in the same shopping trip (one per package of course).

This coupon expires June 30, 2022.

***EDIT: appears to potentially only be the 2-pack patties and the breakfast sausages***
Last edited by marg8181 on May 19th, 2022 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
52 replies
[OP]
Jul 6, 2020
270 posts
1047 upvotes
UPDATE: Just noticed the flyer says "Starting at $4.99" - can anyone confirm which specific Beyond Meat products are $4.99?
Feb 8, 2020
311 posts
924 upvotes
It's taking forever for these plant based burgers to come down in cost, they've been out for a couple of years now I wonder how much longer it'll take for them to actually be cost competitive.

I enjoy the taste of beyond burgers and would fully switch to them if they weren't so bloody expensive..

These coupon + sale deals are typically the best time to buy them and I'll be picking up a couple packs myself.
Hello World!
[OP]
Jul 6, 2020
270 posts
1047 upvotes
23LeBronJames wrote: It's taking forever for these plant based burgers to come down in cost, they've been out for a couple of years now I wonder how much longer it'll take for them to actually be cost competitive.

I enjoy the taste of beyond burgers and would fully switch to them if they weren't so bloody expensive..

These coupon + sale deals are typically the best time to buy them and I'll be picking up a couple packs myself.
I still dream about that one summer about 2-3 years ago that Metro had the Beyond Meat ground beef on sale for $2.99 in their flyer and they still had a $3 printable coupon at that time... I stocked up A LOT that week... I still dream about the thrill of that deal LOL.

I notice the BM products tend to go on sale more often during the summer season due to it being BBQ season. I hope there will be a flyer deal this summer similar to that $2.99 deal or even a price of $3.99 would be nice. Also wish they would come out with another $3 coupon...
Mar 4, 2006
498 posts
162 upvotes
Toronto
Tried Beyond products when they first came out and found them very salty. How is it nowadays?
Aug 12, 2011
583 posts
407 upvotes
Toronto
Do you cook this like regular patties? Can they be red/pink in middle? Is it safe to consume like that? (Eg for kids, seniors etc)
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2008
2886 posts
1015 upvotes
Thornhill
Theres interesting research coming about vegetable oil and its harm on the body... i reccommend looking into that before swtich to items filled with them.
[OP]
Jul 6, 2020
270 posts
1047 upvotes
hachi8 wrote: Do you cook this like regular patties? Can they be red/pink in middle? Is it safe to consume like that? (Eg for kids, seniors etc)
Yes and yes.
[OP]
Jul 6, 2020
270 posts
1047 upvotes
Bencherstyle wrote: Theres interesting research coming about vegetable oil and its harm on the body... i reccommend looking into that before swtich to items filled with them.
Cool, but these don't contain vegetable oil...? At least not according to the ingredients. Have you assumed they have vegetable oil or are you getting this information from somewhere specific to Beyond Meat products?
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2008
2886 posts
1015 upvotes
Thornhill
marg8181 wrote: Cool, but these don't contain vegetable oil...? At least not according to the ingredients. Have you assumed they have vegetable oil or are you getting this information from somewhere specific to Beyond Meat products?
expeller-pressed canola oil is interchangable with vegetable oil. same goes for corn, sunflower, etc.
honestly, at this point it's everywhere in products but it's good to be aware of it i guess.

the correlation between heart disease and the switch from animal fats to vegetable oils is hard to ignore however.
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2016
1864 posts
2329 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
23LeBronJames wrote: It's taking forever for these plant based burgers to come down in cost, they've been out for a couple of years now I wonder how much longer it'll take for them to actually be cost competitive.
I don't imagine they'll fall much in price the next couple years due to inflation, higher fertilizer prices, global coconut oil shortage coming, and that generally Beyond Meat isn't really making money so they can't start to lower the price yet.

The summer has the most deals. I missed the Beyond Meat sale in Feb and there hasn't been one for a while now that's decent.
[OP]
Jul 6, 2020
270 posts
1047 upvotes
Bencherstyle wrote: expeller-pressed canola oil is interchangable with vegetable oil. same goes for corn, sunflower, etc.
honestly, at this point it's everywhere in products but it's good to be aware of it i guess.

the correlation between heart disease and the switch from animal fats to vegetable oils is hard to ignore however.
Thanks for the heads up but I think this argument is grasping for straws - overall these plant based products are much better for the environment and health (since red and processed meat is considered a carcinogen labelled by the World Health Organization), and of course better for the animals that aren't being overbred and killed by us. It's about the bigger picture here.
Nov 15, 2021
25 posts
5 upvotes
Maybe a dumb question but just to confirm - can these coupons be used at Walmart (In Alberta)? Using the 'location finder' on the coupon website link shows Walmarts but as I don't shop there normally and I would be making a special trip to pick these up I want to confirm.
[OP]
Jul 6, 2020
270 posts
1047 upvotes
YYCDealsDude wrote: Maybe a dumb question but just to confirm - can these coupons be used at Walmart (In Alberta)? Using the 'location finder' on the coupon website link shows Walmarts but as I don't shop there normally and I would be making a special trip to pick these up I want to confirm.
It depends on what their printable coupon policy is.
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2004
2617 posts
812 upvotes
Winnipeg
I wish they would make these healthier than actual meat burgers. They're loaded with fat.
Oct 1, 2020
807 posts
1681 upvotes
marg8181 wrote: Thanks for the heads up but I think this argument is grasping for straws - overall these plant based products are much better for the environment and health (since red and processed meat is considered a carcinogen labelled by the World Health Organization), and of course better for the animals that aren't being overbred and killed by us. It's about the bigger picture here.
Exactly right. It takes an INSANE amount of water and resources to breed cattle for beef. Plant based protein is the way to go.
Btw sometimes Costco has bulk impossible meat for sale. 900g for $13.99 (prob still expensive compared to ground beef though, dunno ground beef prices)

EDIT: Apparently it's about $12.50 / kg for ground beef these days, so impossible is still a bit more expensive.
Last edited by EmpressLisaSu on May 20th, 2022 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jun 21, 2021
379 posts
265 upvotes
Thank you OP for the coupon link . I will be stocking up on these for sure.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)