Expired Hot Deals

[Sobeys] Impossible plant-based burger meat $8.99 (save $3)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 13th, 2020 7:19 am
[OP]
Mar 9, 2013
93 posts
235 upvotes

[Sobeys] Impossible plant-based burger meat $8.99 (save $3)

Impossible plant-based burger meat is now available in Canada, and exclusive to Sobeys.

Sobeys is having a deal for the 340g package priced at $8.99 ($3 off regular price) through November 4th.

It’s delicious people!
Last edited by TomRFD on Nov 2nd, 2020 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added price to title
37 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2009
1940 posts
1158 upvotes
Boom and Bust Calgar…
It’s delicious people!
I thought it was plant based?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2004
9699 posts
2350 upvotes
Montreal
In before the fight breaks out how processed they are and not that much better than just eating red meat and "think of the animals killed and emissions they produce".

:)
Jun 15, 2018
367 posts
1666 upvotes
Toronto
caltran wrote: I thought it was plant based?
There is nothing more eco-friendly than reducing factory farming and reducing human population at the same time
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2004
9699 posts
2350 upvotes
Montreal
codemaker wrote: It’s delicious people!
caltran wrote: I thought it was plant based?
That's why it is "impossible", you can't make a plant based burger taste good without using meat. They grind up dead bodies to make it. How else could it "bleed"?
Last edited by yuprules on Nov 3rd, 2020 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 10, 2004
6590 posts
2268 upvotes
Vancouver
Won't comment and rate,but have to say it's more expensive than meat... If you are vegan and miss "burger taste" I see how these can be amazing. AW aside from beyond meat burger(which is amazing and tastes like meat) also had even better one with mushrooms and rice,etc which was not popular for some reason. I am not vegan, but once in a while I was buying it because it tasted very good.
I use voice typing, expect mistakes...
Mar 25, 2008
202 posts
24 upvotes
Sobey's has had it since late last week. I bought a few packages and made burgers. My daughter loved them...I've had them before at BK in the US so I knew what to expect. My wife did not like at all...she took a day off work b/c of stomach upset that she attributed to the burger.
Mar 2, 2019
24 posts
33 upvotes
$9 for less than a pound? Even on sale it's way more expensive than regular meat ($2.50~2.90/lb), I guess you pay for novelty right now
Sep 17, 2012
255 posts
235 upvotes
Mississauga
I'm gonna give this a try to compare with Beyond which I'm fairly happy with. It's not meat but it tastes good enough and keeps my cholesterol low.

That said, not a hot deal and shouldn't be in hot deals forum.
Sep 23, 2007
245 posts
355 upvotes
Toronto (Downtown)
rayydar wrote: I'm gonna give this a try to compare with Beyond which I'm fairly happy with. It's not meat but it tastes good enough and keeps my cholesterol low.

I've had and cooked with both. I like Beyond well enough, but, to my mind, Impossible is head and shoulders better in both texture and flavour. If they can match the price of Beyond, then I'd never buy Beyond again.
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2006
2254 posts
2054 upvotes
codemaker wrote: Impossible plant-based burger meat is now available in Canada, and exclusive to Sobeys.

Sobeys is having a deal for the 340g package priced at $8.99 ($3 off regular price) through November 4th.

It’s delicious people!
But, the price is not delicious.
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2016
1404 posts
1601 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
rayydar wrote: I'm gonna give this a try to compare with Beyond which I'm fairly happy with. It's not meat but it tastes good enough and keeps my cholesterol low.

Watch out for the sodium though. I tried Impossible Burger at White Spot. Its a rougher meat than Beyond. It doesn't have a slight after taste like Beyond either.
The Biggest of the Big has arrived!
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2016
1404 posts
1601 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Thanks OP. Not really a hot price, but its good to know the product came out and its worth to try. Upvote from me.
The Biggest of the Big has arrived!
Apr 1, 2020
15 posts
14 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
damn, no love for the Lower Mainland :(
thanks for the deal anyway OP!
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2009
1960 posts
813 upvotes
It makes Beyond seem cheap. It's definitely overpriced currently.
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2016
1536 posts
1554 upvotes
Saw it last weekend and tried it. The name fits the product, it's impossible to eat.

Reminded me of vega protein powder, gross as heck!

Definitely overpriced and don't recommend.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
29104 posts
9618 upvotes
Impossible is in Canada now? Neat.

IMO out of all the meatless burgers I've tried, Impossible was easily the one that actually tasted the most like beef. However Impossible is made with soy protein--just a heads up. It actually started out made differently (I never tried that version) but they they changed it to be soy later on.

Keep in mind I haven't tried this actual "ground" product, I'm just going on the Impossible Whopper I had stateside.