Expired Hot Deals

[Sobeys] Ontario: Get 150 Bonus AMs When You Spend $150 On A Sobeys GC (Dec 5-11)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 12th, 2019 8:06 pm
[OP]
Sep 26, 2016
55 posts
523 upvotes

[Sobeys] Ontario: Get 150 Bonus AMs When You Spend $150 On A Sobeys GC (Dec 5-11)

Valid Dec 5-11. Get 150 Bonus Air Miles When You Spend $150 On A Sobeys GC. Limit of 5 bonus offers per Collector account.

Gift cards can be used at Freshco, Foodland and IGA as well.
Last edited by TomRFD on Dec 4th, 2019 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated title
157 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
2807 posts
2397 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Perfect timing, I am down to my last card from the last promo.
Will sure stock up tomorrow. Since this time is $150 not $200, I think need to buy 10 of them (So 5 using my AM, 5 using wife AM).
Using Amex Cobalt to get 5X points and using those GC at FreshCo.
:)
Bright side of RFD: 4 X Koodo $40/8GB plan
Dark side of RFD: Tons of stuff that I don't need but still got them because of RFD
Jun 5, 2007
486 posts
149 upvotes
North York
Rfduser76 wrote: Valid Dec 5-11. Get 150 Bonus Air Miles When You Spend $150 On A Sobeys GC. Limit of 5 bonus offers per Collector account.

Gift cards can be used at Freshco, Foodland and IGA as well.
Have been waiting for this for onyx top up to make the 6000 cut...thanks for the heads up
Mar 7, 2011
35 posts
50 upvotes
Ottawa
One could also purchase Valid Dec 5-11. Get 100 Bonus Air Miles When You Spend $100 or more On A Foodland GC. Limit of 5 bonus offers per Collector account .....
Deal Fanatic
Dec 6, 2002
5454 posts
4127 upvotes
Vancouver
This deal is also West (BC). We don't often get this one.

Ron
Deal Addict
Jun 3, 2013
1343 posts
6933 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
Images
  • SmartSelect_20191204-195056_Flipp.jpg
Koodo - Zoomer Mobile - Tangerine - Voip.ms
Apr 26, 2009
706 posts
505 upvotes
Calgary
atran94 wrote: Where do you see this offer?
It’s in the flyer for us here in Alberta.
Apr 26, 2009
706 posts
505 upvotes
Calgary
Thanks OP. I did this last year to make onyx. I think I’m farther away though this year n
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2009
1374 posts
2028 upvotes
Toronto :)
For the ones who don’t know, sobeys GCs are literally treated as cash and can be used to buy other GCs at sobeys that are not grocery, fuel or liquor.

Terms: “ Corporate Gift Cards (“Cards”) have no value until activated. Cards are valid at participating stores in Canada. Cards can be used for all in-store purchases except another Corporate Gift Card (grocery, fuel or liquor) or as prohibited by law.“

https://www.sobeys.com/en/gift-cards-every-occasion/
Deals never wait for people, only people wait for deals.
Buy now, think later.
Nov 3, 2018
297 posts
645 upvotes
does anyone know if you get the airmiles right away on the receipt or if you have to wait for it to be posted?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 19, 2005
9173 posts
507 upvotes
Toronto
zumi78878 wrote: For the ones who don’t know, sobeys GCs are literally treated as cash and can be used to buy other GCs at sobeys that are not grocery, fuel or liquor.

Terms: “ Corporate Gift Cards (“Cards”) have no value until activated. Cards are valid at participating stores in Canada. Cards can be used for all in-store purchases except another Corporate Gift Card (grocery, fuel or liquor) or as prohibited by law.“

https://www.sobeys.com/en/gift-cards-every-occasion/
So, other than grocery, gas cards, what else cards worth to buy with Sobeys GCs? Thanks
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need below items in GTA:
- CT, HD, FS, BB, gas GCs

FS: Freedom Mobile credit
Aug 8, 2007
505 posts
343 upvotes
supremePug wrote: does anyone know if you get the airmiles right away on the receipt or if you have to wait for it to be posted?
My experience has been both but if not on the receipt you are taking chances. Must be some logic I haven’t figured out yet. Last year when buying gift cards and it wasn’t on the receipt I thought I was being smart by taking a photo of the receipt but when I went back to it to make a claim I discovered much to my dismay that the receipts are now double sided so I had no complete proof of my purchases.
Apr 9, 2008
542 posts
297 upvotes
Toronto
supremePug wrote: does anyone know if you get the airmiles right away on the receipt or if you have to wait for it to be posted?
It happened to me a few times that airiles was not shown on my receipts. It was really frustrated. In my experience that if the airmiles were not shown, it was likely that I wouldn't be able to get it. In that case, I had to follow up with Sobey's to get them credit back to my account. You don't have to wait 90 days to email them. Just email them in two weeks.

The best way to check is to look at the screen before you pay. It usually shows how many airmiels you are going to get in that transcation. If you don't see the airmiles on the screen, you may want to cancel the trasncation and try again later.
Apr 9, 2008
542 posts
297 upvotes
Toronto
Quick question, can I combine both Sobey's and Foodland's offer. I still need 1,000 miles to reach Oynx status. So this is might be the only chance for me to reach the status if I can combine both offers.

Also, can I buy 5 X $150 GCs in 1 transaction? They usually separate my transaction individually then I was holding up the line. They are really not good at processing GCs.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2009
1374 posts
2028 upvotes
Toronto :)
can2000 wrote: So, other than grocery, gas cards, what else cards worth to buy with Sobeys GCs? Thanks
Amazon? Ebay? Best buy? Starbucks?
YMMV but ive gotten gas cards at yonge and college before :)
Deals never wait for people, only people wait for deals.
Buy now, think later.
Nov 25, 2014
383 posts
390 upvotes
Toronto, ON
sorry noob question -

Do we have to add anything on the airmails app or sobeys app to get the offer? First time trying to get on to the Airmiles bandwagon..