Expired Hot Deals

[Sobeys] Sobeys GTA: Beef Brisket Canada AA $6.99 lb.

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 10th, 2019 1:41 am
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2004
6177 posts
2293 upvotes

[Sobeys] Sobeys GTA: Beef Brisket Canada AA $6.99 lb.

As a smoker owner I have been following the thread: http://forums.redflagdeals.com/costco-c ... v-2279389/
Though not as good as the Costco AAA deal - this week's Sobey's flyer( I checked a few GTA stores) has Canada AA beef brisket for $6.99 lb on the front page:
sobeys brisket.jpg
Last edited by TomRFD on Jul 8th, 2019 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added retailer
10 replies
May 3, 2011
120 posts
7 upvotes
Hamilton
Difference is that this seems to have been cut (maybe trimmed) - and likely a portion of the flat. Still good, but different from a packer brisket. I have bought this cut before from lococos - think it was a 6lb roast - you can get it there by order - I wanna say that it was regular price $5-6/lb maybe $7.
Aug 24, 2009
494 posts
125 upvotes
Related question - anyone know where to buy just flats vs a packer? Kinda tired of dealing with the point, although it does help protect the flat.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
26047 posts
11493 upvotes
CadillacJack wrote: Kinda tired of dealing with the point
Dibs on your point.
Not that would make sense since you're probably GTA and I'm not.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2005
8884 posts
4095 upvotes
Markham
CadillacJack wrote: Related question - anyone know where to buy just flats vs a packer? Kinda tired of dealing with the point, although it does help protect the flat.
+1 I'd take the point over the flat always.

Going to have to find a Sobeys.... Not many near me.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Mar 5, 2014
81 posts
67 upvotes
Vancouver
I see the same deal in the Safeway (Sobey's west) flyer
Mar 15, 2005
583 posts
367 upvotes
Can't do burnt ends with a flat.
That's the best part.
Dec 12, 2013
229 posts
106 upvotes
Mississauga
discoblues wrote: Can't do burnt ends with a flat.
That's the best part.
Definitely the most tender. Meat candy.

I really wouldn't call this a good price for what looks like a heavily trimmed brisket.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2005
8884 posts
4095 upvotes
Markham
Drewmar wrote: Definitely the most tender. Meat candy.

I really wouldn't call this a good price for what looks like a heavily trimmed brisket.
Pictures in a flyer don't mean much as each store has it's own butcher/staff who processes the cuts differently. I'm pretty sure they're OK with leaving more fat on the cut and charging you for it.

Not sure about Sobey's but at Metro you can talk to the butcher and place "order" with preferences and they can be accommodating. I've done this with the Prime Rib cuts because many times there are only two ribbers in the bunker but I might be looking for a four ribber.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
3408 posts
3483 upvotes
GTA
I'm not a smoker, alternatively what's the best bet for a pot roast cut of brisket, slow cooker or pressure cooker?