• Last Updated:
  • Apr 27th, 2020 3:11 pm
[OP]
Dec 22, 2018
157 posts
61 upvotes
Markham

Social distancing hair cut? Hair trimmer recommendations

It seems like the social distancing will last 6 months or more as some UK ministers who are more up front with their populace said.
Hair is getting long. cant go to barber.
Any recommended hair trimmer kit s?
have not done that since student days
Thanks
Last edited by TomF62003 on Mar 31st, 2020 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Title edit
39 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2009
1846 posts
1337 upvotes
Toronto
$20 Wahl clipper from Walmart and if you really wanna get fancy also get an Andis T-Outliner which is a professional tool for lineups
Jan 5, 2010
163 posts
59 upvotes
Ottawa
Oster fast feeds (or the Wahl equivalent) plus Andis purple combs (with two magnets). Keep the blade oiled and take it slow. If you want to do a good job, don’t underestimate your lighting setup. There’s something called a self cut system (google it) that people put together to help see what you’re doing. Of course if you’re just going for a number two all around pretty much any setup if clippers will do.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 8, 2005
5011 posts
899 upvotes
Nothing beats cutting your own hair with a clipper. Don't need to sit at a hair salon and wait, nor do I need to pay someone $15-20 for 15 mins when I can do it myself for FREE.

It's like the Matrix, once you free your mind about little things like hair it will all becomes clear.

I cringe when I read people having trouble getting a haircut.
Last edited by mebiuspower on Apr 2nd, 2020 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
10467 posts
3000 upvotes
TomF62003 wrote: It seems like the social distancing will last 6 months or more as some UK ministers who are more up front with their populace said.
Hair is getting long. cant go to barber.
Any recommended hair trimmer kit s?
have not done that since student days
Thanks
I'm really not sure what to do now - I need a hair cut in about 2 weeks. Will drag it out but... got to figure something out.

I look terrible with a buzz cut so I don't want to go that route.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2010
1356 posts
144 upvotes
i got the oster fast feeds and the wahl outliner

im going to try to fade my hair this week because im 1 month overdue on a cut

if the fade fails im going buzz
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2003
8335 posts
193 upvotes
Toronto
Pics or it didn't happen, haha....

Thinking of setting up a Zoom where everyone cuts their own hair for fun/free
Looking for a 1BR to rent for June or July 1. Prefer Beaches, East York, Leslieville, Riverdale, Corktown areas. Prefer to be near TTC/Danforth subway. Willing to take on roommate. Let's talk!

Heatware reviews since 2003 LOL 😃
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
17580 posts
4219 upvotes
Toronto
What about recommendations for shears/scissors (and comb)? My wife wants me to cut her bangs.

Links to specific items on Amazon or elsewhere would be appreciated.

I’ve been reading the do-not-cut-horizontally articles in the meantime.
Deal Guru
Dec 20, 2003
11061 posts
409 upvotes
Ottawa
I was due for a haircut two weeks ago, and it's pretty bad now. Unfortunately even grabbing a Oster Fast Feed seems impossible; two sellers had it on Amazon for arrival at the beginning of May (fulfilled by Amazon), and now they're gone.
- Absolute
Jul 31, 2008
365 posts
179 upvotes
Markham
I got the Wahl Detailer to keep things going, and have been very happy with it.
It is light, and the blades and cutting accuracy were excellent.
Deal Guru
Mar 31, 2008
11244 posts
1898 upvotes
Toronto
Nobody's really going to see you anyways, and 'bed' hair at home in any videos won't be that noticeable. So just cut it short yourself.

Use the longer clips if you have long hair and it's wavy. Others will barely notice it. Doing a 'fade' is a cinch really with longer clips.

If you're not sure, just start cutting yourself, mainly bangs, and side over the ears with scissors.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)