[OP]
May 19, 2012
398 posts
222 upvotes
Toronto

SoClean 2 CPAP Cleaning System Plus 20X PC Points

Deal Link:
Price:
20x PC Optimum™ points* when you spend $75 or more on almost anything online.
Valid July 3 - 6 2020.
USE PROMO CODE: WELLWISE20X

Eliminate germs and bacteria in your CPAP accessories! The SoClean 2 CPAP cleaning machine was designed to be easy to use, fully automated, and effective for cleaning CPAP accessories, without using water or harsh chemicals.
47 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2006
1083 posts
737 upvotes
Ottawa
I refuse to pay $450 and bought one of these. I'm really happy with it.
Banned
Apr 26, 2020
26 posts
30 upvotes
virgonomic wrote: I refuse to pay $450 and bought one of these. I'm really happy with it.
i dunno, this product your are linking seems like it's been sold by some Aliexpress re-seller... lots of spelling/grammatical errors.... How much do you trust a machine that uses Ozone, imported from some dude that drop ships from aliexpress?

Oh and they point out in their write up about how they are cheaper than the $450 one... lol......... i dunno...
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
24196 posts
12228 upvotes
Toronto
So I did some preliminary research on this product and I read something about what it's cleaning your equipment with is not necessarily healthy ...

I'd look into that before purchasing, I know it's discussed online, maybe some changes have been made.

Edit: Found it, it's ozone cleaners that's up for debate. Not sure of this machine uses that or not.
RedFlagDeals Addict - 2008 Nominee for Most Helpful User
Wash your car at Petro-Canada? Think again! Car damaged and nobody cares
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2007
2528 posts
2233 upvotes
Markham
Why hash chemical?
I just use soap and wash them.
Is that not enough?
-------
Thank you
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2012
1448 posts
2094 upvotes
Toronto
DaVibe wrote: So I did some preliminary research on this product and I read something about what it's cleaning your equipment with is not necessarily healthy ...

I'd look into that before purchasing, I know it's discussed online, maybe some changes have been made.

Edit: Found it, it's ozone cleaners that's up for debate. Not sure of this machine uses that or not.
Uses Ozone. Plus you can buy cheaper from their own website

https://www.soclean.com/en-ca/product/s ... -sanitizer
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2007
1425 posts
640 upvotes
kunamvahees wrote: Why hash chemical?
I just use soap and wash them.
Is that not enough?
it is. soap and water is fine.

anybody that tells you these cleaning machines actually do anything is an idiot. the whole cpap cleaner industry is a scam.

personally, the only cleaning I ever do is handwash the frame and I wipe down the cushion. I started cpap 2 years ago and I've never gotten sick doing this.
Oct 31, 2018
20 posts
50 upvotes
Clement wrote: it is. soap and water is fine.

anybody that tells you these cleaning machines actually do anything is an idiot. the whole cpap cleaner industry is a scam.

personally, the only cleaning I ever do is handwash the frame and I wipe down the cushion. I started cpap 2 years ago and I've never gotten sick doing this.
True, you don't need a CPAP cleaner, but I find CPAP cleaner makes life a bit easier. For the first year I had a CPAP, I just cleaned the tubes and water tanks using soap and water on a weekly basis.
I bought the SoClean 2, and I find it convenient because all I have to do is put the mask into the SoClean machine and press a button.
The caveat is that you have to buy a new SoClean filter every 6 months, so that filter replacement is another expense.
I still clean my tubes and water using soap and water once a month to remove grease and dirty from the mask.
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2006
1083 posts
737 upvotes
Ottawa
Jesse001 wrote: i dunno, this product your are linking seems like it's been sold by some Aliexpress re-seller... lots of spelling/grammatical errors.... How much do you trust a machine that uses Ozone, imported from some dude that drop ships from aliexpress?

Oh and they point out in their write up about how they are cheaper than the $450 one... lol......... i dunno...
I was confident based on the reviews. That said, I'm returning it after reading this thread and researching ozone.
Jan 29, 2020
504 posts
476 upvotes
I find that using the RemZZZ product or a similar fabric barrier between the silicone and the skin works well. In fact, you just buy one box of RemZZZ to use as a template and then you can just buy fabric and cut out as many as you want.

I have a similar product that I bought on Amazon that looks a lot like a baby sock with the toe end cut off. You kind of fold it around the nose-mask interface and it isolates your skin from the silicone. They are $20 each on Amazon but I have no skin irritation at all even if I don't wash them for weeks. I am going to buy a pair of cotton baby socks for $5 and see if they will work. I think if you have a full face mask, an adult sock might work.

The people on the forums who seem to know a lot, are very opposed to systems like SoClean.

Usually your insurance company (if you're lucky enough to have insurance), will pay for new hoses and masks every 3 months, or at least give you $300 a year or so. After two years, I have 5 serviceable hoses. I just swap out the hose every 4 days or so, and then I clean all 5 at once with soap and water when they're all used, does not take long.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2009
2372 posts
1587 upvotes
Kitchener
Thanks op, not for the soclean as I believe that it's a scam, but for the promo code.

Just ordered a mask and used the 20x points. Insurance will reimburse cost of the mask and I get the points :)
May 8, 2013
683 posts
625 upvotes
London
Too bad Manulife won't cover this for me.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2003
1014 posts
330 upvotes
GTA
My GF got me the SoClean 2 for Xmax 2019, I think she paid $350 for it, it came with the adapters for my s9 and s10 resmed machine; make sure you're getting the adapter for your machine don't pay extra for it, whenever I buy a new hose they'll give me the filter, the filter is not cheap. I'm sure you can find it cheap somewhere tho.

There's a "ozone" smell after it cleans your mask and machine some people might not like that, honestly if you wash your mask and hose everyday or every other day save the money IMO, you still have to wash the oils and crap off your mask before using the SoClean sooooo.
Jul 14, 2008
311 posts
785 upvotes
snootchiebootchies wrote: We got this sanitizing machine. We do not have a CPAP machine but this has been great in sanitizing our N95 masks, wallets, currency, keys, work gloves, phones, small toys, etc.

https://www.amazon.ca/Lumin-CPAP-Steril ... B07J1NXSRR

Second this- I bought the unit for sanitizing our keys/ masks etc. There is a comparison between UVC vs. ozone and Lumin is highly recommended.
https://www.cpapoutlet.ca/en/Product/Lu ... 000-E/4354

On sale here for $290 with free shipping.
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2006
1617 posts
1189 upvotes
Calgary
I have been using a CPAP for over 10 years. I just used Dawn dish soap to clean my masks and tubes.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)