Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

SoClean 2 CPAP Cleaning System Plus 20X PC Points

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 23rd, 2020 7:57 pm
Jun 2, 2011
637 posts
565 upvotes
Clement wrote: it is. soap and water is fine.

anybody that tells you these cleaning machines actually do anything is an idiot. the whole cpap cleaner industry is a scam.

personally, the only cleaning I ever do is handwash the frame and I wipe down the cushion. I started cpap 2 years ago and I've never gotten sick doing this.
Exactly this.
Banned
Apr 26, 2020
26 posts
30 upvotes
virgonomic wrote: I was confident based on the reviews. That said, I'm returning it after reading this thread and researching ozone.
if it was sold directly by say a CPAP manufacturer, I would trust it.. E.g. Phillips...
But some off label, drop shipping guy on Amazon? No thanks!
Jun 2, 2011
637 posts
565 upvotes
If there was a better soap/water alternative to cpap cleaning, don't you think Phillips/ResMed would offer one. Ozone voids cpap warranties.
Jan 21, 2018
23 posts
26 upvotes
Hi guys. this may be slightly off topic. but how often do you replace the heated hose and how often do you replace the mask? I'm with pacific blue cross, but found out they cover 0 percent of cpap, so i had to buy my own without getting money back from the insurance
Nov 7, 2011
840 posts
895 upvotes
British Columbia
DaVibe wrote: So I did some preliminary research on this product and I read something about what it's cleaning your equipment with is not necessarily healthy ...

I'd look into that before purchasing, I know it's discussed online, maybe some changes have been made.

Edit: Found it, it's ozone cleaners that's up for debate. Not sure of this machine uses that or not.
There's also some talk of the cleaning system actuary damaging the CPAP machine. Like certain parts become warped over time and tubes and stuff need to be replaced more frequently.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2005
1644 posts
670 upvotes
virgonomic wrote: I refuse to pay $450 and bought one of these. I'm really happy with it.
In one of the pictures, the guy has it connected to the cleaning machine and the mask on while sleeping. Is that how it's suppose to work?
Jun 2, 2011
637 posts
565 upvotes
Dustler6 wrote:
In one of the pictures, the guy has it connected to the cleaning machine and the mask on while sleeping. Is that how it's suppose to work?
I don't think so. Breathing ozone is not good lol (will damage your lungs)
Jan 21, 2017
472 posts
325 upvotes
ftank2018 wrote: Hi guys. this may be slightly off topic. but how often do you replace the heated hose and how often do you replace the mask? I'm with pacific blue cross, but found out they cover 0 percent of cpap, so i had to buy my own without getting money back from the insurance
I can't speak for the heated hose as I have never used one in 15+ years using a CPAP. Actually, I wish there was a way to cool the air as I find it easier to breathe. As for the masks, I would suggest that you only buy the silicone cushion part of the mask and only change the whole headgear when absolutely necessary. I have bought some ResMed Activa LT cushions for as low as $16 online. I only change them once the silicone will no longer provide a good seal. Do clean them periodically though.

If you have no insurance, do not buy locally. Buy online. My preferred online store is CanadaCPAPsupply but I'm sure there are many other good ones.
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2013
1366 posts
1317 upvotes
The Tee Daught wrote: There's also some talk of the cleaning system actuary damaging the CPAP machine. Like certain parts become warped over time and tubes and stuff need to be replaced more frequently.
This might be the reason my CPAP provider has me come in for a check up and clean every 6 months.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2005
1644 posts
670 upvotes
powderskull wrote: I don't think so. Breathing ozone is not good lol (will damage your lungs)
Lol yeah I didn't think so either
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2013
1366 posts
1317 upvotes
I add vinegar to my soap and water. Anyone else use vinegar?
Feb 18, 2012
907 posts
542 upvotes
Victoria
Is your coverage through work? I'm with PBC and it covered 80% Ended up only paying $160 for machine, heated hose and a couple masks. Yearly mask and hose 80% covered.

quote=ftank2018 post_id=32813313 time=1594260768 user_id=1417947]
Hi guys. this may be slightly off topic. but how often do you replace the heated hose and how often do you replace the mask? I'm with pacific blue cross, but found out they cover 0 percent of cpap, so i had to buy my own without getting money back from the insurance
[/quote]
Feb 18, 2012
907 posts
542 upvotes
Victoria
systems are useless, even the rep that sold me the machine told me not to buy one.
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2013
1586 posts
500 upvotes
GTA
Just realized I missed out on this... Too bad as I would have purchased my usual CPAP supplies for the 20x points.
Oct 23, 2014
549 posts
434 upvotes
Laval, QC
ftank2018 wrote: Hi guys. this may be slightly off topic. but how often do you replace the heated hose and how often do you replace the mask? I'm with pacific blue cross, but found out they cover 0 percent of cpap, so i had to buy my own without getting money back from the insurance
my insurance allows twice a year at 75%: tube, water reservoir, mask . Works out well for me seeing at the 6 months i find i am usually starting to over tighten to get a good seal . i think that the heated hose and resevoir would easily last a year.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2007
4113 posts
1634 upvotes
Montreal
Came for the William Shatner jokes, left disappointed :(
Jan 21, 2018
23 posts
26 upvotes
Horsey2345 wrote: Is your coverage through work? I'm with PBC and it covered 80% Ended up only paying $160 for machine, heated hose and a couple masks. Yearly mask and hose 80% covered.

I'm with vancity bank under the self employed PBC. it covers medicine and dental, but was so surprised when it offered 0 coverage for CPAP. i was quoted 1800 for CPAP if insurance pays.
1400 if i go pay myself. I ended up finding a used machine for 400 bucks. I bought a new heated hose for 40 on craiglist. I felt bad for the shop that did the testing and paid 200 for the resmed mask. So in total, I paid 640 for everything. The machine i use is resmed airsense 10. Even if insurance pays, i would have to pay 20 percent, which is $360 plus higher premiums. So I paid a bit more than i like.

quote=ftank2018 post_id=32813313 time=1594260768 user_id=1417947]
[/quote]
Oct 12, 2008
78 posts
222 upvotes
Ottawa
I bought it last year, used it for one day and could not stand the smell that night.

It burned my nose and felt terrible the next day. Looked it up online and realized that soap and water is the best way to clean. Returned it quickly.
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2012
1494 posts
2148 upvotes
Toronto
Saverb wrote: Is this covered by insurance?
Surely that's a question for your insurance company?