Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

SoClean 2 CPAP Cleaning System Plus 20X PC Points

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 23rd, 2020 7:57 pm
May 19, 2012
422 posts
239 upvotes
Toronto
great west life won't cover
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
3692 posts
4307 upvotes
You can also just use good UV sterilizers marketed for baby equipment and toys. Here's a good sized one with dual Philips UV-C bulbs at half the cost: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07J2RNMF5
My pops uses this model and he's very happy with it. It does the same thing as the units marketed for CPAP users.
For Sale:
Dec 13, 2003
526 posts
436 upvotes
I have been using my ResdMed 9 for almost 7 years now.
I also use a SoClean every morning to clean for the past 2 years.
I am happy with the results, have had no issues, and wash the mask but change the silicone about 3-4x a year.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2006
5744 posts
5510 upvotes
Toronto
with all the energy you're gaining from using cpap on a good nights' sleep, there's no need to be lazy when washing your accessories by relying on these types of machines

soap and water is good enough
May 22, 2014
491 posts
446 upvotes
i never clean my cpap hose/mask but i've never gotten sick
doesn't smell weird

also i tend to not use it as frequently as i should
Banned
Nov 28, 2016
22791 posts
3321 upvotes
Out west
I clean mine every 2 weeks, soaking it in soap and water. I am on the original hoses still, and no sign of mold, staff infection, or whatever other baloney they try and push that can happen if you dont buy these systems, or buy new hoses every six months

The place I got mine from said I even had to replace the container that the water is held in, because of a build of of bacteria. So hard plastic and the metal warming plate for the humidifier, can become infected.? I questioned them on that, because of the cost. So I said, so you mean every hard peice of plastic in my house, as in drinking galsses, water bottles, etc have to be throw out and repolaced every six months even if I clean them? They had no answer to that

It was all a sales tactic, because they couldnt answer how bacteria and infection can stay on hard plastic and metal when its soaked in a soap solution and cleaned regularly

Only thing I need to change is the nose pillows due to break down. Even the stupid strap for your head are stupid priced. Its a piece of stretchy fabric, its not worth I think they said $100 or some bull shit.

I just keep cutting new holes in mine until its worn out
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2006
1689 posts
1258 upvotes
Calgary
Anything CPAP related is way over priced in Canada. The recommendations for changing masks, filters, hoses, to be changed is exaggerated to over sell us. If you just inspect everything for cleanliness as you would anything else you own, you will do fine. I have never replaced my hoses or my humidifier chamber. They are plastic. They don't wear out. A quick rinse of water with a small amount of bleach for disinfection, then a rinse with Dawn soap to help with the smell is adequate. Once the mask seals start leaking, then replace those.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2001
7994 posts
2226 upvotes
Alberta
lord wayne wrote: Anything CPAP related is way over priced in Canada. The recommendations for changing masks, filters, hoses, to be changed is exaggerated to over sell us. If you just inspect everything for cleanliness as you would anything else you own, you will do fine. I have never replaced my hoses or my humidifier chamber. They are plastic. They don't wear out. A quick rinse of water with a small amount of bleach for disinfection, then a rinse with Dawn soap to help with the smell is adequate. Once the mask seals start leaking, then replace those.
Always have a backup of every key component. I even have a backup CPAP machine.

Dave