Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 1, 2001
5636 posts
659 upvotes

Soil Delivery (1 yard) in Vancouver

I'm looking for 1 yard of lawn soil, delivered in Vancouver.

I've looked on Craigslist and most places charge $75-125 per yard of soil, PLUS ~$75 delivery.

There is one place I found (Lawnboy Enterprises) that charges $35 per yard, plus delivery of $35-70, which I think is more reasonable. However, there are many reports online about them not giving you the full amount of soil you ordered, so I'm hesitant to order from them (that 1 yard could realistically be 3/4 yard).

Any good places for soil delivery that will delivery to Vancouver for a reasonable price?
3 replies
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2002
6465 posts
1112 upvotes
One yard isn't very much and the delivery charges will kill you. Why not look at bagged soil and see how many equivalent bags that would be and what it would cost if you picked it up yourself.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
17532 posts
10306 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I've found that for quantities up to a cubic yard, the bagged product is cheaper when you get them on sale and you are willing to get the 'top soil' variety. If you want the more expensive lawn soil (which basically means that it's been screened so the soil is finer), then you are looking at a break even of about a yard.

Example: Rona recently had a 50 L bag of top soil on sale of $3.99. 1 cu. yard is approx 765 L so it would take 15.3 bags which would be $61.

As for how much soil you'll need, 1 cu yard isn't much. Last year, I must have put down 2 cu yards of soil just to fix a relatively small patch of lawn where I had a bad gnub infestation.
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2015
2573 posts
436 upvotes
BC
Arrow wrote: I'm looking for 1 yard of lawn soil, delivered in Vancouver.

I've looked on Craigslist and most places charge $75-125 per yard of soil, PLUS ~$75 delivery.

There is one place I found (Lawnboy Enterprises) that charges $35 per yard, plus delivery of $35-70, which I think is more reasonable. However, there are many reports online about them not giving you the full amount of soil you ordered, so I'm hesitant to order from them (that 1 yard could realistically be 3/4 yard).

Any good places for soil delivery that will delivery to Vancouver for a reasonable price?
Bought our soil packs at Rona - had to go 3 times though
Go Raptors, Go!