Real Estate

sold price hidden from MPAC/Ontario land registry?

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 4th, 2020 2:02 pm
[OP]
Sep 26, 2011
221 posts
253 upvotes

sold price hidden from MPAC/Ontario land registry?

I was unaware that it's possible to prevent disclosure of a home's selling price to land registry records, and by extension, MPAC, until I was doing some searching and found this: https://www.getwhatyouwant.ca/help-i-do ... ade-public

There's a property in Kitchener that sold a year or so ago, and I'm curious for what price, but MPAC's either woefully slow to process trickle-down database updates, or maybe it was hidden by paying land transfer taxes upfront, because there's no record. I know there was a legit sale because its ownership changed from a private individual to a development/holding company.

Are any fellow RFD realtors able to look up the sold price for MLS# 30758852? (or PM me for the address)
2 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2018
4430 posts
3485 upvotes
canaduh wrote: I was unaware that it's possible to prevent disclosure of a home's selling price to land registry records, and by extension, MPAC, until I was doing some searching and found this: https://www.getwhatyouwant.ca/help-i-do ... ade-public

There's a property in Kitchener that sold a year or so ago, and I'm curious for what price, but MPAC's either woefully slow to process trickle-down database updates, or maybe it was hidden by paying land transfer taxes upfront, because there's no record. I know there was a legit sale because its ownership changed from a private individual to a development/holding company.

Are any fellow RFD realtors able to look up the sold price for MLS# 30758852? (or PM me for the address)
Just look it up in the land registry/teranet. Just pay the $28 or whatever it is nowadays
Jun 3, 2019
173 posts
138 upvotes
GTA
canaduh wrote: I was unaware that it's possible to prevent disclosure of a home's selling price to land registry records, and by extension, MPAC, until I was doing some searching and found this: https://www.getwhatyouwant.ca/help-i-do ... ade-public

Property sold for $1.1 million and currently has 4 mortgage charges totaling $4.2 million. Looks like it is being developed into either multi residential or commercial as currently it is zoned R9 (unless buyers applied for re-zoning) and the permitted uses are:

Convenience Retail
Day Care Facility
Financial Establishment
Home Business
Lodging House
Multiple Dwelling
Office
Personal Services
Private Home Day Care
Residential Care Facility
Street Townhouse Dwelling
Realtor® & Mortgage Agent