Solo Stove / Portable Fire Pit up to 30% Off Free ship, free return

Deal Link:
Savings:
up to 30%
Expiry:
August 7, 2021
Retailer:
Solo Stove Canada
All Solo stoves and with stand bundle are on sale for 30% off.

Ultra-efficient stainless stain wood burning stoves. I just ordered mine but from reading other reviews, it burns wood with less smoke, more efficient using less wood, light to transport and easy to clean. Also comes with life time warranty.

Discounted prices:
Ranger $249.99 with stand + $40 (most portable, good for camping with 2 people, but doesn't fit 16" stand size wood)
Bonfire $319.99 with stand + $50 (mid size, good for 3-4 people, still portable for car camping and backyard use, fits 16" stand size wood)
Yukon $564.99 with stand +$75 (largest, for 6+ people, best for backyard use)

Use Canada10 for additional $10 off.

Personally just ordered the Bonfire with stand, planning to use with our camping trailer and backyard.
With the stand, it is suitable for wood deck.
52 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2009
2426 posts
1726 upvotes
Boom and Bust Calgar…
Nice. I bought a Bonfire a few months ago, works great.

Accessories also on sale, will buy the lid.
[OP]
Jan 27, 2009
753 posts
777 upvotes
Edmonton
caltran wrote: Nice. I bought a Bonfire a few months ago, works great.

Accessories also on sale, will buy the lid.
What do you need the lid for? Thinking if I should get one.
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2009
2426 posts
1726 upvotes
Boom and Bust Calgar…
cho1104 wrote: What do you need the lid for? Thinking if I should get one.
Mostly to keep moisture out (rain and snow).
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2010
4369 posts
1189 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Which size is better for a family of 2 adults and two little ones? Leaning towards bonfire. Is ranger too small?
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2009
2426 posts
1726 upvotes
Boom and Bust Calgar…
honggil wrote: Which size is better for a family of 2 adults and two little ones? Leaning towards bonfire. Is ranger too small?
Ranger is too small. It's meant for portable camping.

Bonfire is what I have, it's a great size. The Yukon is very large but also a great choice. At these prices I'd get the Yukon if you can fit it.
[OP]
Jan 27, 2009
753 posts
777 upvotes
Edmonton
honggil wrote: Which size is better for a family of 2 adults and two little ones? Leaning towards bonfire. Is ranger too small?
From the review video the ranger won’t fit standard size log. You will have to cut them in half.
Nov 23, 2013
12 posts
1 upvote
Kitchener
I have brick pavers. Would the Yukon burn it if don't put another layer in between?
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2007
2440 posts
5389 upvotes
Vancouver
And for those of us in western provinces, these products are all banned under the current campfire ban.
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2009
2426 posts
1726 upvotes
Boom and Bust Calgar…
danascully wrote: And for those of us in western provinces, these products are all banned under the current campfire ban.
Doesn't mean you can't buy one.

Also bans are localized.
Jul 18, 2006
844 posts
326 upvotes
Toronto
So much money for a firepit. Hard to tell if its worth it.
Sep 26, 2006
630 posts
41 upvotes
Rocky Mountains
I've had this for about 3 years now, looks like they are now officially shipping to Canada. I paid close to C$1000 for the Yukon and stand then due to high shipping costs from the US. Great to see these in Canada with these lower prices and probably more reasonable shipping.

They are pretty unique and interesting fire pits and zero clearance (with the stand); I have it on my back wood deck and have never had an issue with the material underneath but paving stones are a good idea if you are worried.

There is still smoke, its a fire but it seems more efficient when it gets going vs. usual outdoor fires for sure with less smoke. It doesn't work as well to heat on a chilly day unless you get close and I believe this is due to the heat being directed straight up vs. radiated around like other fire pits so keep that in mind.....
Reality Check
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2011
2447 posts
2152 upvotes
Vancouver
Is this legal in a backyard in metro vancouver?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2004
6533 posts
7697 upvotes
Edmonton
I love these things, they are great, but expensive. If you don't *need* one now then wait. I can almost certainly guarantee these will be cheaper on Black Friday. They run black friday deals every year. Prices are going to be the highest right now because it is summer and there is a huge shipping container shortage. These are made in CHINA super cheap. I am surprised there's not any knock-offs on the market yet.
Jan 1, 2003
128 posts
6 upvotes
Sudbury
mchiang0610 wrote: I have brick pavers. Would the Yukon burn it if don't put another layer in between?
No. I have mine on just pavers and it does fine. There’s enough air flow underneath. The stand sure is nice, though!
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2007
2440 posts
5389 upvotes
Vancouver
caltran wrote: Doesn't mean you can't buy one.

Also bans are localized.
And which part of my post said you can't buy them
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2009
2426 posts
1726 upvotes
Boom and Bust Calgar…
danascully wrote: And which part of my post said you can't buy them
Yes, people should check if there are fire bans or restrictions. Um, thanks?

OTOH, this is RFD, where people ask if they can run their house from a 5700W generator, can't figure what an inverter is for, think a giant bug zapper is like a Thermacell, and are constantly flummoxed by mortgages.

I think it's a miracle people even have jobs.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
3050 posts
3018 upvotes
cho1104 wrote:
Ultra-efficient stainless stain wood burning stoves. I just ordered mine but from reading other reviews, it burns wood with less smoke, more efficient using less wood, light to transport and easy to clean. Also comes with life time warranty.
First thing I saw was the price and thought "jesus there's no way this thing is worth that, you're just paying for marketting aren't you?"
Then I read the product specs:

"The World's Favorite Fire Pit"

"You’ve just discovered the world’s most portable fire pit."

Sure enough, it's more hype than substance
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
3050 posts
3018 upvotes
Amazon reviews:
Disappointed in this purchase. The hype and marketing got me. This thing does burn a good fire..at first, heat isnt great coming off of it... Now for the design flaw: #1There is no way to get the ash out, ash ash ash! I asked for assistance and they told.me I should pressure wash or spray it out with a hose. Really, my $300 firepit needs a hose to.clean up. Not realistic, I end up lifting it up and attempting to dump it, hands are black, ash all over me, the thing is heavy with all that caked inside. For the cost, they could made a bottom clip out or something. #2 rust, it is rusting already! I had a fire and to went. bed, i couldn't cover a lit fire!. It rained a little overnight. Now the wet ash (see problem #1) is allover the inside holding in the moisture. I finally got it dumped and cleaned out (had to bang on it and shake like crazy) and rust has set in. #3 The ring, now after 4 fires the ring has bent, warped somehow and wont sit flush. I guess I could've bumped it... but wow, it could've been built better....
Well, I see why people hate marketing.
This stove is beautiful when you first unbox it. And, it burns like nothing else. Truly lives up to its promise of a nearly smokeless fire.
The downside - and it's real - is rust. I left it out one night and the dew left the stove rusty all throughout the bottom. Since there are no holes to drain water, even a light sprinkle will mean a product that holds water and starts to deteriorate. Over time, the stove will fail.
Like many, I saw all these great positive reviews on Amazon and the company website. After looking on the company site I realized nearly every review is 5 stars. I think they are gaming the system and their "warranty" is questionable at best. If it weren't 60 days in, I'd return this thing tomorrow.
Do not give this company your money. The thing burns the hell out of wood but you cannot get the ash out. Furthermore it must be way to costly to perforate a drain hole in the bottom because there isn’t one.

A nice rain overnight after you let the fire turn down makes 3” of muck in the bottom. Oh, the nimrods don’t even sell a metal cover to place over it when you go to bed.

I used this pit 5 times, vacuumed the ash out and stored in my garage attic and it’s rusted all to hell. They don’t show that on their website. it’s a fracking waste of your money.
I just got the email from them telling me that all of the rust that people are complaining about is normal. Bullshit!

Do not give these people your money. I was teased on Facebook and bought from their website. These people are not showing all of the legitimate reviews. This is a POS
I purchased this directly from solo stove but wanted to share my experience here for others considering purchasing. I really wanted this to work but have been very disappointed with both the stove and customer service. I have followed instructions to T, and while the fire rages with small kindling at first, one you add a log it dies out. I’m left with a blackened log that never burns down and is hard to dispose of. Despite springing for the cover, it rusted after a few weeks. I contacted solo stove, sent pics, and got a form letter response. When I reached out again, I got no reply at all. Basically, once you are past the 30-day return window, they seem to wash their hands of you. Also the Bonfire is too small for the logs you get from most wood delivery services. Again, I really wanted this to work but it’s been a very expensive mistake.
Despite as advertised, our campfire was still quite smokey. Also after just a few months it unfortunately dented very easily. For $500 all in, this is quite disappointing. The fire was easy to start with our logs and brown paper bags and small sticks from the yard as kindling. Definitely have seating that you can move around as that is what we had to do as the smoke moves with the wind. The nice shiny silver look turned color with the first fire. I bought the "Solo Stove Shelter", which is a good quality cover. However, you need to wait until the stove is totally cool and dry before putting it on. I have contacted Solo to see if we can rectify the dent, at first they were quite responsive but after I submitted the photo it has been radio silent........ I hope it can be fixed!
I am so angry with this company. They claim it's smokeless - it's not. Not even close. I read other reviews saying this, and then other reviews that said, well you just have to do x, y, z. I tried everything, and every time, the pit produced smoke. I got this thinking it would be okay for my asthma, and I could enjoy a fire pit. I thought there might be a little smoke, but no, it's very similar to a regular fire pit. It flares up my lungs every time. I just kept thinking maybe I'm doing something wrong. So I tried different wood, wood that was less smokey, I tried boosting it up, I tried lots of things. Nothing works. So finally after some trial and error I realize I'm never going to be able to enjoy this. I was 10 days shy of 30 day warranty(MIND YOU IT GOT DELIVERED AROUND CHRISTMAS, AND CAME A MONTH AFTER I ORDERED IT), and they told me I'd have to pay for shipping. Well, this thing is heavy AND big. There is no way I'm sending it back if I have to pay 50+ dollars. BS MARKETING!!!!!
Not stainless, and rusted after a year. Was told the rusting is not covered under warranty. Not recommended and would never buy any of their products again.
it has been determined that the rust on this will not impede the performance of the fire pit. Rust is not covered by the warranty, thus your claim has been denied."
"
Used about 10 times so far. I bought this because it is marketed as smokeless. This is not true. There is still a lot of smoke. The only good thing is you don’t walk away from the fire smelling like smoke. Disappointed to have paid so much for this when there is till a ton of smoke in our face.
Dec 24, 2007
793 posts
1303 upvotes
antime1 wrote: So much money for a firepit. Hard to tell if its worth it.
i needed to clear about 10M^3 brush piles on my property. bought 2 x 55w gal drums for 15ea. read a bit about ideal amount/placement of holes before drilling them. the key is to get a leaner burn by choking the fire a bit.

one of my barrels burns so hot the steel glows from the outside.

this is still a great item, and ugly burn barrels would likely not look good in many of your backyards. seems like an interesting product.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)