2445 posts
2915 upvotes
Toronto

Folding bicycle, $330, Mississauga

Deal Link:
Price:
Retailer:
Solorock.ca
Picked up folding bicycle today for my girlfriend from small retailer in the Mississauga

$370 online, but owner gave us $40 discount, because we came to pick it up.

Steel frame and fork, but seat post and handle bar are AL.
20" wheels. Size when folded 11.4”x31.5”x26”
About 15 kg.
My girlfriend is 5' 2", so she wanted bicycle with small enough wheels, where she can touch ground with both feet.
She's not very experienced rider.
Bike comes 95% assembled in the box, or you can ask owner to put it together for you.
It has 16 page manual on how to fold it. Pay attention, if you are not technically inclined.

Im not sure how many they have in stock right now, but we were given choice of 5 colors, matt black, blue, orange, red and gray.

Overall, I'm very impressed with it so far.
They also have bunch of other stuff there, 3 wheeled bicycles for the older folks, e-bikes, 12 volt mini fridges, tiny appliances, bunch of accessories for bikes, even 20" studded winter tires for these folding bikes.

P.S. I'll probably gonna get rid of 7 speed cassette, and install single speed sprocket.
There's no hills or bridges on my portion of Martin Goodman trail.
9 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jul 27, 2015
5273 posts
7154 upvotes
Vegas Golden Knights…
Nice. I got a Dahon for a G. About 8 years ago. This is a sweet deal. How heavy is it?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2007
2445 posts
2915 upvotes
Toronto
chilli604 wrote: Nice. I got a Dahon for a G. About 8 years ago. This is a sweet deal. How heavy is it?
LOL. Its right in my post: About 15 kg.

For comparison, my 20 y.o. KHS 100 single speed, AL frame, 26" wheels is 13 kg.
Dahon is def nice, but she's very casual rider, I doubt if she'll do 200 km a year.
Banned
Jan 31, 2020
188 posts
340 upvotes
I am 6 feet. Would this be too small for me? Sorry, don't know much about bikes. Thanks in advance.
"I go for the jugular" - Kobe Bryant
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2007
1163 posts
794 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone else disappointed that OP didn't show a pic of the bike folded?

OP show a picture of the bike folded. We need to see this.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2007
2445 posts
2915 upvotes
Toronto
MAMBAMENTALITY wrote: I am 6 feet. Would this be too small for me? Sorry, don't know much about bikes. Thanks in advance.
From their website: Rider height: 4’ 8” - 6’ 7” approx.
I'm 6' 3", I'll take it for a spin tomorrow, I'll let you know after.
consumer be me wrote: Anyone else disappointed that OP didn't show a pic of the bike folded?

OP show a picture of the bike folded. We need to see this.
There's pic on the website.

Aug 17, 2018
905 posts
657 upvotes
Good price and looks nice quality. But the weight kills it for me and the folding style where you have to raise the handle bars in addition to folding it down to get it below the fork.

Even my dahon at 12kg was way to heavy and ended up selling it.
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2004
1367 posts
1077 upvotes
Toronto
Damn the prices gone up a lot. I got one 2 years ago for $170 tax-in. 20" wheel model too.
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
17819 posts
10368 upvotes
Ottawa
looks pretty good. My wife's Dahon looks almost exactly like this, except it's around 25 lbs and cost couple of hundred more 10 years ago.

On my wife's Dahon, the folding mechanism is really only good for storing away. If you try to carry it, it unfolds by itself because it just relies on magnets. It's not very quick to fold because you have to position the parts carefully.

The most compact fold is my Brompton but those bikes are $2000 and it's very solid once you fold it and once you get the knack of it, very fast to fold.
Please update your profile to include your city. It's helpful when you post about something regional ucp.php?i=ucp_profile&mode=profile_info