None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2014
4342 posts
1838 upvotes
Parry Sound

[Solved] Does PCF MC have an app?

Can someone remind them what year it is.

PC has an app for their Optimum points program, for their mobile service, but not for their credit card?

Is there any reason behind this or do they just not care?
Last edited by titaniumtux on Feb 16th, 2018 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Marked thread as solved
This message has been approved by the Office of the Mayor of Toronto.
16 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2007
3932 posts
1167 upvotes
QC
Nope :(

Supported by Android pay and Apple pay tough
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2017
4784 posts
2772 upvotes
MayorOfToronto wrote: Can someone remind them what year it is.

PC has an app for their Optimum points program, for their mobile service, but not for their credit card?

Is there any reason behind this or do they just not care?
Why is everyone making apps for everything? What happens to website? If you can do the same thing on a website, who needs an app? Is someone going to make an app for using a toilet?
Jan 5, 2018
207 posts
105 upvotes
ml88888888 wrote: Why is everyone making apps for everything? What happens to website? If you can do the same thing on a website, who needs an app? Is someone going to make an app for using a toilet?
Personally I never use mobile banking anyway, largely because I have all of my passwords stored on a password manager (Lastpass), so I don't know any passwords off hand.
Deal Guru
May 8, 2009
14448 posts
12324 upvotes
Going to the Moon
ml88888888 wrote: Why is everyone making apps for everything? What happens to website? If you can do the same thing on a website, who needs an app? Is someone going to make an app for using a toilet?
Banking apps are terrific since they give you access to most features you'd get when logging in via web browser, with an optimized interface for your mobile device, and often integrate fingerprint scanner for login (saving the hassle of inputting passwords, especially in public places).
Premium Life: CDC [Icey Private Status]/SwissBorg/Netflix UHD [100% off]/Amazon [Prime 100% off]/Instacart [Express]
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2014
4342 posts
1838 upvotes
Parry Sound
titaniumtux wrote: Banking apps are terrific since they give you access to most features you'd get when logging in via web browser, with an optimized interface for your mobile device, and often integrate fingerprint scanner for login (saving the hassle of inputting passwords, especially in public places).
tux gave you the best answer. That's exactly why I want it. PCMC's website isn't even designed for mobile.

Also If there was a toilet app I'd definitely use it
Jan 5, 2018
207 posts
105 upvotes
MayorOfToronto wrote: tux gave you the best answer. That's exactly why I want it. PCMC's website isn't even designed for mobile.

Also If there was a toilet app I'd definitely use it
With the "smart home" systems booming, I wouldn't surprised to see a smart toilet. You can flush it from your phone app!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2014
4342 posts
1838 upvotes
Parry Sound
fred125 wrote: With the "smart home" systems booming, I wouldn't surprised to see a smart toilet. You can flush it from your phone app!
One of those fancy Japanese toilets but you control it with a smartphone app

Apr 25, 2011
299 posts
113 upvotes
If PCF haven't gotten their shit together by now to provide a 2018 website and smartphone apps, it ain't happening anytime soon.

One of the reasons I just cancelled with them.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2014
4342 posts
1838 upvotes
Parry Sound
ticky wrote: If PCF haven't gotten their shit together by now to provide a 2018 website and smartphone apps, it ain't happening anytime soon.

One of the reasons I just cancelled with them.
The rewards are some of the best you can get in Canada for a no-fee card. Not having an app can be frustrating but missing out on those sweet rewards is a lot worse.
Feb 2, 2007
935 posts
853 upvotes
GTA
MayorOfToronto wrote: This message have been approved by the Office of the Mayor of Toronto.
Your excellency, may I bring to your attention that the low scribe who entered your signature has made a grammar mistake, as it should state:

:twisted:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2014
4342 posts
1838 upvotes
Parry Sound
adrian2 wrote: Your excellency, may I bring to your attention that the low scribe who entered your signature has made a grammar mistake, as it should state:

:twisted:
Good catch LOL it's been there forever and you're the first person to notice.
Dec 21, 2007
782 posts
245 upvotes
Scarborough
An app would be nice -- Definitely would make it easier to see limits on the card and any pending vs posted line items on the go. Even Canadian Tire's mPlay & Pay app lets me do this, although strangely that one can only be installed on a single device at a time (which sucks if you have both a phone and an tablet, or a work cell and personal cell).
I am the Stig's brother's cousin's friend's former roommate.
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
20167 posts
4720 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
A growing proportion of people use phones as their primary means of getting online.

Have you even tried signing up for a banking product through a phone, when the interface is optimized for PC?
- casual gastronomist -
Deal Guru
May 8, 2009
14448 posts
12324 upvotes
Going to the Moon
PC can easily offer an app for:
  1. PC Mobile - their post-paid service is affiliated with TELUS. Never used the app, but wouldn't they have taken a code dump from TELUS app? (or heaven forbid Koodo's discontinued app), plus you can't be taken seriously as a WSP without an app, unless you're Koodo (who also isn't taken seriously by most non-RFDers)
  2. PCO+ pts might as well have an app - it's a marketing ploy since they push you offers via notifications
  3. PCF prior to Simplii had an app - code dump from CIBC

PC MC, just like MBNA, no app. What notifications will they push you? That you have a balance owing? That you're pre-approved for a CL increase? They don't have any incentive to do that.
Premium Life: CDC [Icey Private Status]/SwissBorg/Netflix UHD [100% off]/Amazon [Prime 100% off]/Instacart [Express]
Apr 25, 2011
299 posts
113 upvotes
MayorOfToronto wrote: The rewards are some of the best you can get in Canada for a no-fee card. Not having an app can be frustrating but missing out on those sweet rewards is a lot worse.
I beg to differ. Any credit card that offers a cashback of more than 1% is better value than the standard PCF credit card.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2014
4342 posts
1838 upvotes
Parry Sound
ticky wrote: I beg to differ. Any credit card that offers a cashback of more than 1% is better value than the standard PCF credit card.
~8.5% return on my groceries this week combining the PC WE card with various PCO bonus point offers at No Frills and SDM.

~2.6% return filling regular gas at Esso this week.

Nearly all free cards max out at 2% limited to certain categories (and those categories are usually gas and groceries).

If you really want you can just do what most people on RFD do and carry a second card for non-G&G purchases.

Edit: I reread what you wrote and I agree. The standard card is not worth it. The word and especially the world elite are definitely worthy cards.