Personal Finance

[SOLVED] MBNA Smart Cash Cheque Not Received?

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 15th, 2015 2:51 pm
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
21223 posts
5939 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton

[SOLVED] MBNA Smart Cash Cheque Not Received?

This thread is from 2012.

My April statement for my MBNA Smart Cash shows the 5000 point redemption, but I still have not received any cheque.

Has anyone else noticed that their cheques are not coming?
- casual gastronomist -
14 replies
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2010
6737 posts
3998 upvotes
Toronto
I just got one.

To be honest this is the main reason I'm not into using my Smart Cash card as often as I'd like. It's all well and good to say "you get 3% back on gas and groceries"... yeah, if you catch them when you don't get your cheques. I'd rather get a 2% statement credit instead, at least then it would be certain, rather than the current pseudo-MIR situation. If you called them and asked, would they tell you if there are any cheques that you haven't cashed, and reissue them?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 19, 2009
6135 posts
1981 upvotes
Scarborough
It takes a while, don't worry.
Deal Guru
Jul 7, 2007
10983 posts
2915 upvotes
sign on to your mbna website and chat with them

last time they told me up to 4 weeks, just relax. :)

got every single one of mine, now up to 400 dollars in 2 years.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 7, 2004
9135 posts
7087 upvotes
West GTEH!
My last $50 cheque (April) was received a couple of weeks after my bill statement.
😎
Oct 8, 2006
679 posts
505 upvotes
Okanagan Valley
Webhead wrote: My last $50 cheque (April) was received a couple of weeks after my bill statement.
Mine rec'd pretty quick too - end of May redemption received this past week by June 20th
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2009
1568 posts
154 upvotes
Yeah, I get mine 2 weeks after the statement cutoff, which triggers the redemption. They are extremely consistent since TD took over sending out my cheques.

My cutoff this month was the 13th, so it's even odds I'll get my $50 cheque by Wednesday of this week (the 27th).

You guys having trouble with late cheques should really point the finger at your postman/post office.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 11, 2008
8976 posts
2827 upvotes
I got my April, May. Waiting for June now.
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2010
1127 posts
479 upvotes
Jucius Maximus wrote: My April statement for my MBNA Smart Cash shows the 5000 point redemption, but I still have not received any cheque.

Has anyone else noticed that their cheques are not coming?
Just got my June 14th redemption cheque! You should definitely call them and ask them to reissue the Avril's one.
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
21223 posts
5939 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
Just an update here... this was totally an error on my part. :facepalm:

I did actually receive the cheque but had mistakenly thought it corresponded to a previous points cashout.
- casual gastronomist -
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2003
2222 posts
709 upvotes
Jucius Maximus wrote: Just an update here... this was totally an error on my part. :facepalm:

I did actually receive the cheque but had mistakenly though it corresponded to a previous points cashout.
Lol
Mar 22, 2009
274 posts
32 upvotes
Ottawa
komodor wrote: Just got my June 14th redemption cheque! You should definitely call them and ask them to reissue the Avril's one.
Got my Jun 14 cheque as well :)
Aug 14, 2015
280 posts
42 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I knkw this is a little late, but is there currently a way to just get your cash back amount as a credit on your next statement? The cheques seem sort of a hassle.
Also, is there a mobile app for this credit card? Thanks in advance.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2008
2781 posts
2300 upvotes
Winnipeg
galeontiger wrote: I knkw this is a little late, but is there currently a way to just get your cash back amount as a credit on your next statement? The cheques seem sort of a hassle.
Also, is there a mobile app for this credit card? Thanks in advance.
Yes and Kinda.

1. Go to your account, go to the rewards tab, then check your rewards balance, click on cash rewards, and choose the option that works for you.
2. There is No App, but as of two weeks ago they starting using a mobile website, so its alot easier to view on your phone now.
*Do you like someone's idea, post, or response? Why not consider giving them "thanks" and clicking the thumbs up to give them the credit they deserve.*
Aug 14, 2015
280 posts
42 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Shawguy wrote: Yes and Kinda.

1. Go to your account, go to the rewards tab, then check your rewards balance, click on cash rewards, and choose the option that works for you.
2. There is No App, but as of two weeks ago they starting using a mobile website, so its alot easier to view on your phone now.
Thanka for the quick reply. +1

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)