• Last Updated:
  • May 11th, 2021 5:24 pm
[OP]
Aug 16, 2015
242 posts
81 upvotes
Toronto

Sonnet tenant insurance question

Simple question, they have 3 options: House, condo or apartment. I live in a town house. Which option is the correct choice in my case: condo or house? I’ll call once they open but maybe someone who works in the industry can confirm?
2 replies
Oct 26, 2008
157 posts
77 upvotes
Toronto
I'm not in the industry… but I'd say if you're paying a maintenance fee I'd select the condo option.
If you're responsible for all maintenance costs (inside and outside the property) then I'd do the house option.

I'm in a condo town house (w. maintenance fee) so if it were me, I'd probaby check the condo option.
[OP]
Aug 16, 2015
242 posts
81 upvotes
Toronto
Well said, not sure why that didn’t come to me!
I spoke with Sonnet and they echoed the exact same sentiments. Hopefully this thread helps someone in the future with the same question.
Starmax wrote: I'm not in the industry… but I'd say if you're paying a maintenance fee I'd select the condo option.
If you're responsible for all maintenance costs (inside and outside the property) then I'd do the house option.

I'm in a condo town house (w. maintenance fee) so if it were me, I'd probaby check the condo option.