Can be paired with other Sonos speakers wirelessly

About Sonos Refurbished:
Brand new box with accessories and cables
Free shipping
One-year warranty
Free returns
45-day money back guarantee

FAQ (Sonos website)
How is Sonos One Gen 2 different from the original version?
Gen 2 has an updated processor, Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) and increased memory.

How do the new processor and increased memory affect the product experience?
Currently there are no feature differences between Sonos One Gen 2 and the original version. The original Sonos One will continue to support all its current features and more in the future. However over time the increased memory, Bluetooth Low Energy, and processing power may allow us to bring new product experiences to the Gen 2 version that the original will not be able to support. That said, we have no specific Gen 2-only features planned at this time.
4 replies
Jul 13, 2016
128 posts
224 upvotes
I won't be supporting Sonos after they arbitrarily decided to stop supporting all Gen 1 products (some only 4 years from date of manufacture), blamed it on hardware limitations, offered owners a 30% discount on Gen 2 only if the original, perfectly working hardware was permanently bricked through an update, and then had to walk it all back when they got caught:

https://www.theverge.com/2020/1/23/2107 ... re-updates

and apparently the "hardware limitations" were a lie all along because Gen 1 and Gen 2 now have feature parity.

There are plenty of good sounding speakers out there, no need to overpay to support Sonos.
Oct 3, 2018
74 posts
91 upvotes
soupmaster666 wrote: There are plenty of good sounding speakers out there, no need to overpay to support Sonos.
I'm staying away from Sonos because of the same reason.

What speakers of similar quality do you suggest? I don't know much about speakers but I do want something decent.
May 8, 2012
393 posts
107 upvotes
Ottawa
looks like the upgrade 15% off doesn't work on refurbished