• Dec 31st, 2016 1:10 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2012
1239 posts
562 upvotes
Guelph
Man I can't tell you enough how much this is bugging me. RTINGS gave the m series Vizio a better score but the 750d is a beauty. The ONLY thing making me question the sony purchase is the local dimming. Is it that important?
Dec 22, 2012
13 posts
NEPEAN
Guys you are creating doubt for me as well :)
I had bought 65 inch lg 6150 from Costco for 1299 and to me it look good .. I compared it with my friend's Samsung 6290 and did not find much diff.
I was always a Sony fan and this was first exception. With good reviews about 750D from both of you I feel like getting one ..
please suggest if it is worth extra 200 dollar
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2010
7222 posts
4601 upvotes
Canada
watchpu5hp wrote: Guys you are creating doubt for me as well :)
I had bought 65 inch lg 6150 from Costco for 1299 and to me it look good .. I compared it with my friend's Samsung 6290 and did not find much diff.
I was always a Sony fan and this was first exception. With good reviews about 750D from both of you I feel like getting one ..
please suggest if it is worth extra 200 dollar
For $200 more I would get it. 120hz and Android TV
Tangerine, Public Mobile, and Freedom Mobile customer
[OP]
Jan 27, 2013
794 posts
751 upvotes
Don't feel bad, I returned 2 TV's before I got the Sony. Better upscaling did it for me
Dec 22, 2012
13 posts
NEPEAN
Did you observe visible impact in picture quality between lg and Sony 750d while watching YouTube videos not necessorly 4K content?
I don't play games and neither I watch hockey.. tv will be mostly to watch YouTube , Netflix etc...

I know about this rgbw stuff but it didn't catch my eye too much between Samsung 6290 which is rgb and my lg one
Apr 12, 2016
130 posts
24 upvotes
There is a reason the vizio m65-d0 is given a great rating compared to the other 2 televisions is this thread. It is because it has a better picture (Especially for movies).

However the real deal here as it was on boxing day is the vizio m60-c3 for 1129. Although it is a 2015 model it has an awesome picture with great upscaling.

There is No HDR but unless you can afford a KS8000 or the Vizio P series than the HDR signal will not matter and that includes the m65-d0. Signal yes but the picture looks awful trying to watch an HDR movie with HDR turned on.

Sure you can accept the signal, but you can't display it in the format that it is suppose to be seen. You need a wide color gamut, and a 10 bit panel to see HDR properly. Otherwise the picture looks terrible. As a matter of fact the movie will look better with HDR turned off.
Deal Addict
May 22, 2006
2052 posts
643 upvotes
Toronto
I was about to buy the m60-c3 - don't really care for HDR at the moment, but the built-in apps like Netflix and Youtube apparently don't play in 4K. Do you have this TV or are aware of any firmware updates that allow it now - I'd be all over it again. Its $1089 in most Costco stores.
Apr 12, 2016
130 posts
24 upvotes
Never heard of this issue. However I can neither confirm or deny the statement as I use an Nvidia Shield and it displays 4K on the M60-C3 with no problem at all.
Deal Addict
May 22, 2006
2052 posts
643 upvotes
Toronto
dealzrus2 wrote: Never heard of this issue. However I can neither confirm or deny the statement as I use an Nvidia Shield and it displays 4K on the M60-C3 with no problem at all.
Seeing that its Costco, I may just buy it and give it a try. I have a computer hooked up to it etc but Netflix and Amazon Video don't have 4k through the browsers, last I checked, and only through apps. Might as well.
[OP]
Jan 27, 2013
794 posts
751 upvotes
Can't got wrong with Vizio or Sony, preference at this point.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2010
7222 posts
4601 upvotes
Canada
esq05 wrote: I was about to buy the m60-c3 - don't really care for HDR at the moment, but the built-in apps like Netflix and Youtube apparently don't play in 4K. Do you have this TV or are aware of any firmware updates that allow it now - I'd be all over it again. Its $1089 in most Costco stores.
It's a hardware limitation. A software update won't fix it. You have to use an external player for 4k youtube, etc.
Jun 17, 2007
207 posts
68 upvotes
Does the Sony X750D only upscale on HDMI inputs? I tried built in YouTube app and 4K videos look amazing but the 1080P videos not so much.
[OP]
Jan 27, 2013
794 posts
751 upvotes
im talking the TV programming upscaling, never tried youtube
Deal Addict
May 22, 2006
2052 posts
643 upvotes
Toronto
RFDQ1016 wrote: It's a hardware limitation. A software update won't fix it. You have to use an external player for 4k youtube, etc.
I actually read it was YouTube using a different codec and Vizio doesn't support it. Anywho, I went in and bought it and don't regret it one bit. Amazon Video app works perfectly in 4K, haven't tried but I assume it will work as well. As suspected, YouTube doesn't but the upscaling is amazing on this. So definitely not a hardware limitation.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2010
7222 posts
4601 upvotes
Canada
esq05 wrote: I actually read it was YouTube using a different codec and Vizio doesn't support it. Anywho, I went in and bought it and don't regret it one bit. Amazon Video app works perfectly in 4K, haven't tried but I assume it will work as well. As suspected, YouTube doesn't but the upscaling is amazing on this. So definitely not a hardware limitation.
It's missing VP9 codec. It cannot be updated via a software update