Expired Hot Deals

Sony 85" 8K UHD HDR LED Android Smart TV (XBR85Z9G, Demo model) - $6,099.95

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 12th, 2020 1:27 pm
[OP]
Member
Oct 29, 2017
401 posts
259 upvotes

Sony 85" 8K UHD HDR LED Android Smart TV (XBR85Z9G, Demo model) - $6,099.95

Deal Link:
Savings:
$2900
I don't know whether I should be posting this or not, but this tv can do 4000 nits, and has the best upscaling and colors of any tv currently out including OLED.. Plus it just came out with an update that gives the tv true 4k 120fps playback for gaming.. Catch is you can only buy it if you're in Toronto and it comes with a 90 day warranty... If you're in Toronto and bought the 85 inch x950H or one of the expensive Samsung 85 inch tv's, I would return it and go for this.. This is a far superior tv that is worth spending big bucks on.... Who lives in Toronto and wants to put on their gambling shoes?
26 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2009
1742 posts
1161 upvotes
Toronto
90 day warranty on a tv that's over $6k and who knows how many hours it has logged already? Hard pass.
[OP]
Member
Oct 29, 2017
401 posts
259 upvotes
The downvotes must be from people who don't live in Toronto... I already admitted there was a risk because of the 90 day warranty.. What more do you want from me?? I remember this tv selling for 18k CAD new... It now can be bought for 1/3 the price....
Member
User avatar
Apr 15, 2005
436 posts
288 upvotes
Brossard, QC
DEMO UNIT. 6K$. LOL. sorry op.
Sr. Member
Dec 8, 2009
578 posts
574 upvotes
If you are buying an 8K TV and have that much money to spend it seems crazy to me to buy a demo unit and not just pay the extra to go new.
[OP]
Member
Oct 29, 2017
401 posts
259 upvotes
TempletonPeck wrote: If you are buying an 8K TV and have that much money to spend it seems crazy to me to buy a demo unit and not just pay the extra to go new.
You actually cannot buy this tv new in Canada from the searching I have done tonight.. if you find it new, it will probably be 17 or 18k... So there goes your argument. The 2020 Z8H is a big downgrade when it comes to HDR it's backlighting and dimming zones



Have fun paying 11k new for an 8ktv that doesn't even play 8k properly..
Member
Sep 8, 2008
312 posts
49 upvotes
York
smoothbutter wrote: You actually cannot buy this tv new in Canada from the searching I have done tonight.. if you find it new, it will probably be 17 or 18k... So there goes your argument. The 2020 Z8H is a big downgrade when it comes to HDR it's backlighting and dimming zones



Have fun paying 11k new for an 8ktv that doesn't even play 8k properly..

Why do you sound so angry?
[OP]
Member
Oct 29, 2017
401 posts
259 upvotes
DaShaggy wrote: Why do you sound so angry?
because I post the best deals for high end stuff, and I only get disrespected in return
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jun 29, 2004
11630 posts
8703 upvotes
Oil Country
smoothbutter wrote: You actually cannot buy this tv new in Canada from the searching I have done tonight.. if you find it new, it will probably be 17 or 18k... So there goes your argument. The 2020 Z8H is a big downgrade when it comes to HDR it's backlighting and dimming zones



Have fun paying 11k new for an 8ktv that doesn't even play 8k properly..
An 8K TV for $6000+, and there's no 8K content available to watch on it. Why bother? By the time 8K becomes mainstream, this TV will be so far behind everything else that's available. Standards and technology are constantly changing too, so don't be quick to adopt new technology. Out of four HDMI inputs, only one supports the HDMI 2.1 spec at 8K 60fps. IMO, this is a complete waste of money. Get a nice brand new 4K TV instead. This is also sold by a 3rd party, not Best Buy.
[OP]
Member
Oct 29, 2017
401 posts
259 upvotes
fudge_u wrote: An 8K TV for $6000+, and there's no 8K content available to watch on it. Why bother? By the time 8K becomes mainstream, this TV will be so far behind everything else that's available. Standards and technology are constantly changing. Out of four HDMI inputs, only one supports the HDMI 2.1 spec at 8K 60fps. IMO, this is a complete waste of money. Get a nice brand new 4K TV instead. This is also sold by a 3rd party, not Best Buy.
This is simply not true.. The HDR on this is better than any other tv out by a good margin.. Their 2020 8k model was nothing but downgraded in pretty much everything.. This tv poops on the Samsung and Lg 8k tv's released this year...This tv will be awesome tech wise for a long time to come.. Future 8k tv's will get cheaper and not have nearly as good HDR or have the backlighting this tv has... Have you not realized the 4k tv's that get cheaper and cheaper each year all have HDR under 300 nits which is basically useless???... This will be the same deal when 8k tv's get cheaper. The HDR will get worse and worse to compensate for the price decreases.... The single hdmi 2.1 port issue can be solved by buying the right hdmi 2.1 receiver next year.. *
Last edited by MrDisco on Dec 12th, 2020 9:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Unnecessary
Jr. Member
Jun 18, 2006
152 posts
139 upvotes
Burnaby
Upvoted. Deal is a deal. Appreciated. Too bad I am not in the market now.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jun 29, 2004
11630 posts
8703 upvotes
Oil Country
smoothbutter wrote: This is simply not true.. The HDR on this is better than any other tv out by a good margin.. Their 2020 8k model was nothing but downgraded in pretty much everything.. This tv poops on the Samsung and Lg 8k tv's released this year... Know what you're talking about before making such comments.. This tv will be awesome tech wise for a long time to come.. Future 8k tv's will get cheaper and not have nearly as good HDR or have the backlighting this tv has... Have you not realized the 4k tv's that get cheaper and cheaper each year all have HDR under 300 nits which is basically useless???... This will be the same deal when 8k tv's get cheaper. The HDR will get worse and worse to compensate for the price decreases.... The single hdmi 2.1 port issue can be solved by buying the right hdmi 2.1 receiver next year.. *
Okay bud... you're trying to sell people on buying a $6100 demo model from a 3rd party store that will give limited support and warranty (90 day). *

Info about the TV for sale:
Has been on display and operated for extended hours in-store

• Has been inspected and is fully functional

• Has been fully cleaned and sanitized

Comes with 90 days warranty and all its accessories

• Ships in a generic brown box if the original box is unavailable
Last edited by MrDisco on Dec 12th, 2020 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Quote was edited
Member
User avatar
Oct 8, 2020
471 posts
412 upvotes
smoothbutter wrote: because I post the best deals for high end stuff, and I only get disrespected in return
Did you buy the TV?
Where do you get 8K content?

Note: TV is Sold and shipped by Tech Outlet Center
- - - > Life is a waste of time.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Nov 15, 2020
830 posts
468 upvotes
Yes, because it is so close to xmas they're deliberately giving you a great deal on a used 8k TV. The tv probably has issues that makes it look bad as a demo, or a new model is coming soon in early 2021. You better hope it's the latter.
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2010
2112 posts
789 upvotes
burlington, on
Does 3th party sellers have different return policy and customer service or still you deal same as BestBuy?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 21, 2009
3694 posts
1574 upvotes
Grimsby
I have a Sony 85” X900H, and man is that size just amazing.

But I also have a 65” OLED. And holy hell is OLED just damn gorgeous.

If I was going to be spending this money, I’d go for a 77” OLED (they seem to be hitting that price recently). I know, they’re neither 8K nor 85”, but I think its a better balance for now.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Apr 10, 2011
5552 posts
8929 upvotes
Montreal
cayolargo wrote: Does 3th party sellers have different return policy and customer service or still you deal same as BestBuy?
Very much so.
The seller is NOT Best Buy; it's Tech Outlet Center.
Returns can be made within 30 days of receiving your order.
Restocking Fee Opened/Used 20% = $1,200

Top