• Last Updated:
  • Nov 1st, 2009 8:49 pm
[OP]
Nov 4, 2006
963 posts
20 upvotes

Sony Care Extended Service Plan for LCD TVs

Anyone had any experience with this?

I did a quick search of rfd and didn't come up with anything.

How does it rate compared to FS and BB extended warranty plans?

I like that fact that there is an option to purchase it within the orginal products warranty period unlike FS or BB whichare only offered at the time of purchase, correct?

Thanks in advance.
2 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2008
4394 posts
427 upvotes
Fimo wrote: Anyone had any experience with this?

I did a quick search of rfd and didn't come up with anything.

How does it rate compared to FS and BB extended warranty plans?

I like that fact that there is an option to purchase it within the orginal products warranty period unlike FS or BB whichare only offered at the time of purchase, correct?

Thanks in advance.
i spoke to a sony rep about this a while back, it can be purchased anytime within 1 year from date of purchase, but i dont remember the price. I think this is a much better service then future shops, as its directly from the manufacturer. The only thing holding me back is that im waiting for a coupon that can be applied to sony care :cheesygri .
Jan 31, 2009
626 posts
25 upvotes
The cost of Sony Extended Warranty varies from product to product. Go to the Sony Canada Store choose the product you want and you should be able to view the extended warranty cost.

Although Sony's Extended Warranty is better then Futureshops and half the cost I might add. IMHO it's best to self insure, because the cost of the warranty generally is higher then the cost of repair. Throw your fund in to a TFSA earning 3% that's a better deal then you can get with most extended warranties.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)