Art and Photography

Sony Mirrorless Cameras

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 9th, 2022 5:29 pm
Banned
Nov 15, 2021
5 posts
The Sony mirrorless cameras are clearly one of the top full-frame mirrorless cameras on the market when it comes to value and performance. It has incredible speed, focusing, dynamic range, and image and video quality.
Deal Guru
Mar 28, 2006
12225 posts
2957 upvotes
hey everyone, haven't follow the market since 2019 with smartphones are getting better every year. Is Sony still the best in mirrorless APS-C?
People around you may have weaken immune system (or live with one). Wear a mask in indoor settings if you have cold symptoms.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
7750 posts
1635 upvotes
82 wrote: hey everyone, haven't follow the market since 2019 with smartphones are getting better every year. Is Sony still the best in mirrorless APS-C?
Hey 82, long time no talk, how are you ? For APS-C, it is for sure yes. Canon is coming very close if not slightly aheard for FF with Nikon is right along side, but both of them aren't doing much for APS-C so Sony is still up there, if not for body they are King for lens selection, every lens maker has E mount options.

Only thing is if you don't need anything in a hurry, think there is a rumor for an a6600 replacement already but they are having major issues with getting parts still for any recent camera so may have to wait a while.
The Devil made me buy it - RFD. :twisted:
Deal Fanatic
Feb 16, 2006
5264 posts
2270 upvotes
Vancouver
More models with production to be terminated or paused.

https://www.dpreview.com/news/905816888 ... nd-of-life
Sony says it is no longer fulfilling orders for its a7C full-frame mirrorless camera and its a6600 APS-C mirrorless camera, as ‘there is a delay in procurement of parts for digital imaging products due to the global shortage of semiconductors.’ Sony even suggests current orders could go unfulfilled, saying ‘in addition, some orders will be suspended.’

Sony also confirmed that it will no longer produce any a7 II or a6100 camera systems. In mid-November, Sony ceased taking orders for both of these camera models, citing supply chain issues. Now, Sony says there ‘is no prospect of future parts’ for these cameras. So, if you’re hoping to get your hands on an a7 II or a6100, you might want to do so sooner than later, because as of December 23, 2021, no more will be produced.

Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2006
4625 posts
1342 upvotes
NewsyL wrote: I'm not sure that there has ever been a "HOT" deal on a Sony body. There have been modest price reductions of 10 to 15% i.e. the A7III going from $2598 to $2298 and the A6600 going from $1898 to $1698.

Sony seems to keep an iron fist poised above their authorized resellers who would dare to offer pricing outside the boundaries defined by their contracts.

Checking the 3C's site, the A6400 has been at $1249 on Amazon almost since its' introduction except for a period in June thru August 2020 when it was down to $1148 CAD.

The A6100 appears to have been at $998 since September 2020 except for a period from maybe beginning of December 2020 thru end of January 2021when it was about $900. Before that from January 10th 2020 thru August 2020 it was mostly at $849 except for 3 roughly week long periods where it was back to $998 CAD.

Late reply but I've had tremendous luck stacking sales at Dell for bodies/glass with rakuten bonus cash back (10-13%) and then even getting dell rewards back.

This method has resulted in great savings compared to buying locally with the caveat that I've not intended to return anything bc I don't think Dell is the best for that.
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2006
4625 posts
1342 upvotes
Has anyone tried the Sigma 18-50 2.8 apsc emount lens?
Sep 27, 2003
11124 posts
3367 upvotes
Newmarket
Just picked up an A7 IV -- looking forward to grabbing the lenses!
RFD Forums Moderator

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)