Expired Hot Deals

[Sony Online Entertainment] FINAL FANTASY® XIV Online Starter Edition (Free till May 26th)

• Last Updated:
  • May 26th, 2020 2:03 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2013
2431 posts
4114 upvotes
Toronto

[Sony Online Entertainment] FINAL FANTASY® XIV Online Starter Edition (Free till May 26th)

Deal Link:
Savings:
100%
Expiry:
May 26, 2020
Retailer:
Sony Online Entertainment
More offers from Sony Online Entertainment
Link: https://store.playstation.com/en-ca/pro ... 0000000000

If you play on PC, you can add extra 30 days to your Sub (If you have a PS4).

Comes with a Free 30 Day Trial (Only works if you have not bough it on PS4 previously)
49 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2010
2888 posts
843 upvotes
Montreal
have both version on PC & PS4, easily the best MMO of this era !!!
Jul 11, 2003
636 posts
47 upvotes
Toronto
Really game with a ton of content that gets better and better as you play.. Don't let the fetch quests in the first part of the game discourage you. One of the best FF’s. The story in the expansions is MUCH better.

You can also pay to skip the first part of the game if you really want.
Last edited by Draff on May 22nd, 2020 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2007
4420 posts
1640 upvotes
Earlier portions of the game is one of the worst MMO experiences I've ever had. It's soooooooo dry and boring, not to mention you have one of those conventional JRPG chars that seemingly never talks, just nods.
I've heard a lot of people say it's better towards expansion content, but obviously you have to spend hours and hours and hours to get there.

Bigger fan of Guild Wars 2 personally which is one of those buy once games with no subscription fee.
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2003
1832 posts
230 upvotes
Toronto
The first part of the main story is a bit of a slog (I think they were working on streamlining it) but once you get into the expansion content the story becomes dramatically better.

Lots to do even as a solo player, queuing for low lvl dungeons is fast because of the bonus given to high lvl players to do them as their dailies.

Tons of content.
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2007
4397 posts
661 upvotes
I have an account I played for a while but haven't played in a long time. Can I download this on my PS4 link my account to add 30 days of game time for free?
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2011
2767 posts
4430 upvotes
London, Ontario
Waiting for this and Grim Dawn to hit Xbox so my best friend and I can play together. He doesn't have PS4 or PC.
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2010
1153 posts
508 upvotes
Waterloo
Had some good times with the free edition on PS4 just killing time during quarantine - this is a great offer! I'd definitely recommend checking it out as you're not locked into paying for a subscription if you decide it's not for you. Grabbed the Starter edition as soon as I saw the email come in from Square and will pick it back up in the next few days.
Jul 11, 2003
636 posts
47 upvotes
Toronto
You missed out. It was free for PC from Twitch for months.
Dec 10, 2006
815 posts
226 upvotes
Japan
PSO2 for Windows 10 is coming on the 27th, great MMO, and is free to play!
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2008
1208 posts
411 upvotes
Love the game, didn't care about cutscenes for the vanilla version until I hit expansions. Got so much better during expansions but takes mandatory hours (days) slugging through main story before getting there. Still love it though
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
1641 posts
1302 upvotes
tarushin wrote: have both version on PC & PS4, easily the best MMO of this era !!!
nope wow will forever be the best in my heart. Purple Heart
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2016
1238 posts
1041 upvotes
I was a hardcore Silkroad Online player at one point. One of those all grinding no skills MMO. Then I played GW1 which blew everything else away. Never had another MMO that came even close to it, not even GW2. All skills no grinding.
Now with kid and job, there is no time to play any MMO with any kind of grinding, free or not.
Best shopping deals I got from here:
Asus Zenfone 3 Zoom $300, ZTE Blade V8 Pro $175, Fluld 55' 4k TV $360
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2010
2888 posts
843 upvotes
Montreal
karnige wrote: nope wow will forever be the best in my heart. Purple Heart
haha for me it will forever be FFXI... but in today modern days this is the only mmo that came back from the dead and deliver a solid game, blizzard never came out with their new mmo they totally went MIA.