Expired Hot Deals

[Sony Online Entertainment] FINAL FANTASY® XIV Online Starter Edition (Free till May 26th)

• Last Updated:
  • May 26th, 2020 2:03 pm
May 13, 2013
134 posts
71 upvotes
Toronto
LawEightSix wrote: It let me "purchase" it, but now it says not available for download because I own the starter pack.
Check your downloads on the PlayStation store and download it to your console.
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2010
1147 posts
501 upvotes
Waterloo
rolcopster wrote: Are they trying to get me hooked onto this game so I buy a subscription? I believe you need a subscription to play?
Yup, that’s the plan. Try it free for 30 days and then uninstall it if it’s not for you. Or you might consider subscribing for a few months - there’s a lot of great content and gameplay to be had for ~$15/month if it’s something you’re into.
Nov 4, 2015
582 posts
339 upvotes
Ontario
CCHIPSS wrote: I was a hardcore Silkroad Online player at one point. One of those all grinding no skills MMO. Then I played GW1 which blew everything else away. Never had another MMO that came even close to it, not even GW2. All skills no grinding.
Now with kid and job, there is no time to play any MMO with any kind of grinding, free or not.
I loved GW1! GW2 was nice too, but I think the one thing I always missed was how customizable your skill bar was in GW1. That definitely required some skill unless you were lazy and just took something off pvx.
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
17601 posts
4948 upvotes
Thanks. Added to my PS4 account...
Dec 22, 2008
695 posts
71 upvotes
London
how do you add the 30 sub to your PC account?
Dec 13, 2009
610 posts
207 upvotes
North Bay
PressureBoom wrote: Yup, that’s the plan. Try it free for 30 days and then uninstall it if it’s not for you. Or you might consider subscribing for a few months - there’s a lot of great content and gameplay to be had for ~$15/month if it’s something you’re into.
The game is free up until you reach level 35 I believe. From then on you'll have to pay.
Aug 28, 2007
834 posts
398 upvotes
Vancouver
Is there anywhere to get deals on memberships?
[external links removed]
Dec 28, 2012
540 posts
365 upvotes
OTTAWA
CCHIPSS wrote: I was a hardcore Silkroad Online player at one point. One of those all grinding no skills MMO. Then I played GW1 which blew everything else away. Never had another MMO that came even close to it, not even GW2. All skills no grinding.
Now with kid and job, there is no time to play any MMO with any kind of grinding, free or not.
Mannnn GW!... I had burned in plam marks on my laptop from playing that game so much in college. Doing Droknar's Forge runs and power level folks with my monk. Seriously my favorite PC MMORPG experience ever. It will never be touched because like you kids and wife, ill never have that time again. It will live on in my memories lol.
Dec 4, 2016
240 posts
104 upvotes
3py0n wrote: ahhh I remember SRO, grinding at bandits with fire glaive or phys glaive for the longest time and then the thieves and protectors part of the game was cool
The endless grind too and way too many thieves so raiding caravans was a pain to even find one.
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2011
2028 posts
667 upvotes
EDMONTON
I've always wanted to get into this game, but Monster Hunter World will probably take up a majority of my gaming time right now.
RFD Etiquette:
- If you are going to shoot down a deal by referencing an expired sale or past deals, please provide us with a working time machine!
Jul 30, 2013
393 posts
104 upvotes
Montreal
3py0n wrote: how do you add the 30 sub to your PC account?
I'm wondering the same!
Nov 3, 2009
325 posts
100 upvotes
Winnipeg
what's everyone's thoughts on this? I'm a huge FF fan, but never play MMORPG's. I spent about 3 hours on the weekend playing this. It's high quality, but I noticed there is just so much going on, so many people with quests, people and monsters EVERYWHERE, and the map system is brutal (to me anyway). Undecided if I want to hang in there
Apr 26, 2014
513 posts
533 upvotes
Ontario
grither wrote: what's everyone's thoughts on this? I'm a huge FF fan, but never play MMORPG's. I spent about 3 hours on the weekend playing this. It's high quality, but I noticed there is just so much going on, so many people with quests, people and monsters EVERYWHERE, and the map system is brutal (to me anyway). Undecided if I want to hang in there
For new players, I recommend you to do main scenario quests (for story), blue colour quests (for unlocking various stuffs), and your class/job quests (for skills). You can ignore regular yellow colour quests. Those are just side quests. You do them whenever you feel like it.
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2007
1749 posts
361 upvotes
I hate MMOs.. wish this would have just been an actual final fantasy game so I could enjoy the story
Deal Fanatic
Jun 18, 2012
8477 posts
3542 upvotes
Toronto
Soulsaber wrote: Great game, played from ARR to HW, quit, sold account. Then started again in HW and quit a little after Stormblood came out (super tough to quit... looked so good), sold account again for nearly 1k. I quit because of real life obligations, but I still read up on updates, it’s a lot of fun.
did you say you sold for $1000?