Hot Deals

[Sony Online Entertainment] January’s PlayStation Plus games: Maneater, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, and Greedfall

[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2011
2277 posts
3219 upvotes
Windsor

[Sony Online Entertainment] January’s PlayStation Plus games: Maneater, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, and Greedfall

Deal Link:
Expiry:
February 1, 2021
Retailer:
Sony Online Entertainment
More offers from Sony Online Entertainment
Last edited by mymuro on Dec 30th, 2020 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
96 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2009
2916 posts
3037 upvotes
GTA
Just saw this online. Looking forward to playing Maneater, sounds like Katamari Damacy, but you're a shark!
Sharks are so freakin' cool...
Last edited by BernardRyder on Dec 30th, 2020 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
c'mon get happy!
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2007
4645 posts
3068 upvotes
Amazing month. Wanted to try Maneater and Greedfall but didn't want to spend money for those.
Sep 17, 2006
380 posts
112 upvotes
Yes! I can finally conclude that Tomb Raider trilogy.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2006
5569 posts
1952 upvotes
Quick, someone tell me how to feel about this.

Pretty cool that there's a free PS5 game already though! (Or is it not cool? Is my opinion wrong?? I'm sure someone will let me know)
*RFD - once you're in there's no getting out.*

*If you wanna buy something, wait for it! Eventually RFD will post it and something in your pants will feel awesome that you waited: your wallet.*
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2007
3635 posts
1837 upvotes
GTA
Son of a....I just bought shadow of the tomb raider for $20 last month lol
Jul 31, 2007
505 posts
359 upvotes
misread that as Godfall for a minute LOL
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2005
3956 posts
1151 upvotes
Great Ps4 picks, tomb raider was incredibly fun with great graphics. I enjoyed Greedfall a lot, it was a sleeper rpg that I was really looking forward to when released.
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2013
2490 posts
4218 upvotes
Toronto
Expect some will return their 19.99 or 24.99 Amazon Shadow of Tomb Raider Definitive Edition Copy.

-----

We are getting the Definitive Edition with all the dlc (assuming since there is no base version on the store).

Maneater being PS5 only sucks. I wanna play it on PS4. Why could it not be like Worms Rumble situation this month.

Greedfall has mixed review, flawed ARPG. For a Double A RPG, why not. I believe it on PSNOW too....double subbers will pout.
Aug 28, 2013
208 posts
136 upvotes
Richmond Hill
LOL Sucks to those who got Tomb Raider
Deal Addict
May 23, 2008
1399 posts
1610 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
deezz wrote: Quick, someone tell me how to feel about this.

Pretty cool that there's a free PS5 game already though! (Or is it not cool? Is my opinion wrong?? I'm sure someone will let me know)
I, for one, have strong feelings about [insert title], which is [insert praise or condemnation]. As for the other games, [insert title] is an underrated gem! Don't sleep on it.

Man, Xbox Games with Gold is really [insert adjective] this month.
Dec 29, 2017
504 posts
432 upvotes
deezz wrote: Quick, someone tell me how to feel about this.

Meh. Man Eater probably hasn’t sold many copies. I will download and try it but do not expect to put in more than an hour tops. At the same regard, I’m glad it’s not a game I already paid for lol
Jul 23, 2011
870 posts
668 upvotes
NORTH YORK
ODoyleRulz wrote: Meh. Man Eater probably hasn’t sold many copies. I will download and try it but do not expect to put in more than an hour tops. At the same regard, I’m glad it’s not a game I already paid for lol
I think whatever market for that game that once existed got used up when they put out the original ps4 release earlier in the year. If ever there was a game that didn't need a paid ps5 'upgrade,' this is the one. It was the laziest of lazy ports.

I'm looking at this as three ps4 games, with one requiring ps5 to play.

EDIT: apparently it wasn't a 'paid' upgrade if you already owned the ps4 version. So I take that back, and give credit to the company for not making people buy the same game twice. Still an upres ps4 game though.
Last edited by TorontoGamerMan on Dec 30th, 2020 12:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
May 3, 2011
157 posts
39 upvotes
Yayyy can finally play tomb raider
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2006
5569 posts
1952 upvotes
It sounds like quite a few people bought Tomb Raider when it was on sale last month. If that's the case, based on this game alone, this has to be considered a great month since a game many people felt worth it to pick up at around $20 is now free, no? I'm sure there will be someone to say 'no' lol. Gaming threads are always so polarizing lol.
*RFD - once you're in there's no getting out.*

*If you wanna buy something, wait for it! Eventually RFD will post it and something in your pants will feel awesome that you waited: your wallet.*
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
6565 posts
1182 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
If I don't have a PS5 I can at least "claim" Maneater right in case I do get it later? Kinda like how Bugsnax supposed to work. Sucks that they don't give out the PS4 version (unless I am mistaken).
There's a sucker born every minute.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2007
1482 posts
1109 upvotes
St Catharines
TorontoGamerMan wrote: I think whatever market for that game that once existed got used up when they put out the original ps4 release earlier in the year. If ever there was a game that didn't need a paid ps5 'upgrade,' this is the one. It was the laziest of lazy ports.

I'm looking at this as three ps4 games, with one requiring ps5 to play.

EDIT: apparently it wasn't a 'paid' upgrade if you already owned the ps4 version. So I take that back, and give credit to the company for not making people buy the same game twice. Still an upres ps4 game though.
Dev is still crappy, but the PS5 upgrade is free if you own the PS4 version, not paid.

EDIT: Beat me to it. Apparently they are adding raytracing in a future update, and I wouldn’t call doubling the frame rate to 60fps just an up-res.

If you haven’t played it, the game is actually fun and an easy platinum.
Last edited by daddyho24 on Dec 30th, 2020 12:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Sep 27, 2009
294 posts
171 upvotes
Toronto
Never subscribing to PS NOW again...all games come to ps plus within a few months.